Used 2008 Kia Spectra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Kia Spectra - Consumer Reviews

2008 Kia Spectra

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:

Some problems, but good car
By mountaineer6

2008 Kia Spectra SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2008 Spectra about 2 years ago with 18,000 miles Certified Pre-Owned. Only major problem I've had is the front end is so out of whack (sometime shaking violently at highway speeds other times not and knocking noise), and no one can seem to fix it. Was told it was probably the tires, so I replaced them for the problem to resurface as soon as the were worn in. Now I'm about to drop another $500 to replace the front struts and hopefully resolve the issue. Kia says that it isn't covered under the warranty (because apparently the struts on a car with 40,000 miles should go bad.) Get 30mpg, SO FUN TO DRIVE, kinda slow but peppy, maneuverable, good visibility, ugly but sporty look.

Best Valued Commute Car!
By themagicfarmer

2008 Kia Spectra EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my 08 Spectra (with 18K on it) from an official Kia dealer about a year ago. No disappointment so far. The car has all necessary functions, basically powered everything, Air conditioning and so forth. It's built cheap but in a simple and neat fashion, plus designed with safety and accessibility in mind. Spacious, driver's seat, back seats and truck, every where. Kia's service center is excellent too. They perform everything necessary, and never charge for pointless services, like mandatory car wash if serviced which many Honda dealers do. It's the type of shop you want to rely on. (my dealer is located 3 mins from where I live, I'm happy!) To sum up, isn't it an ideal commute car?

Favorite Features

Practical design. More than enough power, if you get the manual. Spacious storage. AUX plug. Dual 12-V power outlets.

Suggested Improvements

If any improvements suggest higher price, then seriously, nothing. Of course, if not, who would mind stuff like better look, more power, more accessories, more steel, bigger and the best if it prints money.

2nd Time Around
By cph0857

2008 Kia Spectra EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I totaled my '07 Spectra about 3 weeks ago and was heartbroken. This car had been flawless with no problems. My collision was at 40 mph, with an immoveable object. (Tree) Yes, I was sober. My Kia took great care of me in the accident, crumpled all around me with no serious damage to the passenger compartment. I wish the exterior panels had not been so damaged, but I will trade the totaled exterior for the protected interior any day. I walked away with just a tiny cut on my finger from the broken glass. I found an 08 with 5,000 miles and we are settling in nicely. I expect to have a long and happy life with my new Spectra.

Lemon
By Disappointed

2008 Kia Spectra Spectra5 SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car less than a month ago and has already been in the shop twice. First mistake was buying used but I guess they saw a sucker coming. I got a lemon. Service dept. tells me its bad spark plug wires and spark plugs. Really every two weeks. They cannot replace them all until defective if under warranty. Really? Bet my warranty runs out first.

Disgusted
By Tony

2008 Kia Spectra SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Do not believe any favorable since they must be written by all of the useless salesmen who cannot sell the Kia Brand. Tires horrible, front end struts and steering arm, water sloshing, bad paint job, rear end noise. Never again. Buying Chevrolet.