2007 Kia Spectra 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Excellent Car!

2007 Kia Spectra - Consumer Review

2007 Kia Spectra LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

LX Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Excellent Car!
By kiadriver on

2007 Kia Spectra LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The car was given to me as a loaner while my Chevy was in for service and I was so impressed with how much better it was than my own car I wound up buying it. The ride is GREAT, even over potholed northern IL roads. I was very impressed that it comes with all-wheel independent suspension. Handling and ride are excellent. The interior is nicely thought out and very comfortable on long trips, and the car does well in the winter. Only issue was it needed a new radiator at 54000 miles. Kia fixed it under warranty for no charge despite the fact I purchased it used from a Chevy dealer. No other problems at all (knock on wood!).

Favorite Features

Great ride, excellent handling, good pickup, great gas mileage, very good interior, nice looking car, more airbags than you can shake a stick at.

Suggested Improvements

A five speed automatic would be cool, but the four speed that comes with the car does fine. The car is smart enough to turn off the headlights when you turn off the engine, but it doesn't turn off the dome light--I haven't had an issue with that, but it would be nice.