Used 2007 Kia Spectra Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Kia Spectra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:

Nice Car
By thunderfootjk

2007 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car last week it had 24000 miles on it and still had a last of factory warrant lest on it. The car drives very nice, and handles well, very comfortable and great sound system. I'm glad I got this car.

keyless entry, sound system, map lights, comfortable seat, and very roomy.

smart buy
By mark

2007 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This was one of the smartest purchases I have ever made.Keeping my money in the bank instead of spending more for another car and getting less.It is a good feeling knowing I get a very reliable car,good looks,all the safety features,great gas mileage,and a low price tag.My bank account never looked better,and in this economy that feels great.

All of the above.

can't think of any,not at this price

Good so far
By balpho

2007 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I just purchased a 2007 Spectra with around 40k miles on it. Only problems so far are a blown speaker when I bought it (didn't realize it initially.) So far though the ride in the car has been great. I was coming from a 2000 Kia Sephia, and this is leaps and bounds better. Kia certainly has come a long way from when they started. My bf has an '06 Corolla, and the '07 Spectra is actually comparable which says a lot considering the prices between the 2 had a $3000 price difference on the used market at the least. The MP3 jack is a great addition and the interior is quite classy. Much better choice then a very old model Honda or Toyota.

MP3 jack. Nice interior with attractive fit and finish. Smooth ride. Quiet ride. Good acceleration. Nice keyless entry features on a super-low priced car.

Maybe a slightly better quality of cloth on the seats.

Pleasantly Surprising Car!
By Molly M

2007 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I got this car after my 2005 Honda Civic EX was (unfortunately) totaled. I bought it used with 35k miles and it now has 38k. Let me stress that I absolutely LOVED my Civic, so I wasn't exactly thrilled about getting a new car. But after 3000 miles, I've learned to love my Spectra almost as much as the Civic! It only has about 30 more horsepower than my Civic did, but it's very noticeable. The engine is extremely quiet upon acceleration, and I have to watch out or else I'll end up doing 80/90mph without even noticing. Fuel economy is great. I've gotten up to 430 miles on 12 gallons (close to 500 on a full 15 gal). The seats are very comfy (I drive long distances often). Great little car!

Noiseless engine, fuel economy, decent sound system, comfortable seats, front headlight design.

I had the cruise control installed after buying it, and it's in a strange position behind the steering wheel that's hard to reach. The climate controls are located a little low on the console.

Surprisingly good car
By Phil

2007 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

After hearing about safety issues with older Kias (side impact problems), I was a little wary of getting into one, but that has apparently been resolved with the new models. I have had my '07 for almost 2 years now, and it is one of the best, most dependable vehicles that I have ever driven. Smooth driver, but you have to watch your speed (my gf hit 93 MPH without realizing the first time she was on the HWay), I've personally gotten it up to 112 without struggling (I know, bad!). Fantastic fuel economy, good factory sound system with AUX input, intuitive cruse control paddle shifter, GREAT pickup and 0-60 acceleration. Solid feel to doors/trunk/hood.

FUEL ECONOMY! I cannot stress this enough, I spend about $30 a week on gas, and still put on about 30k mi a year. Constantly surprises people when I let them drive it, they are expecting a weak econobox, and get surprised by the pickup

Car has a mysterious problem sometimes where it thinks the key is still in and won't shut of running lights, draining battery. Possibly improve lumbar support(sore back after 4 hr drives), a day after I got it, the trunk opened too far and chipped the paint above it. Paint's pretty, but scratches easily