Used 2007 Kia Spectra Sedan Consumer Reviews - 51 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Kia Spectra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2007 Kia Spectra Sedan

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:

Third set of tires
By salon1616

2007 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Im the only owner with 13700 miles on it,started with 75. The car is eating up tires. Im on my 3rd set with 5 alingments. I dont think they know whats wrong. I want a full refund for the car and tires.

roomy

i love my kia
By dalec

2007 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

i am in my 50's and my 2007 kia spectra ex is the best car i have ever had. purchased new in 07 now has 91000 miles and not one bit of trouble. still going strong. would i buy another kia. no doubt about. keep up the good work kia.

stereo system performance. excellent gas milage. everything is great

none

2007 Spectra
By clintsusername

2007 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I first test drove my kia initially as a joke. I needed a fwd car to commute for school even when the roads where covered in snow, so it was time to say good-bye to my rwd firebird. I also needed something low-mileage considering I now drive 600 miles a week. I was surprised while test driving the spectra. It was more powerful than i expected, quiet, subtle yet well controlled body and suspension movements, packed with tons of standard features, great stereo, ergonomically correct controls, mid- sized interior room and driving dynamics, and the overall sophistication of the entire package. All for $7300 that included the remainder of the factory warranty. More than "basic" at a "basic" price.

Visibility, crome accents, ease of controls, interior room, no squeaks or rattles, driving refinement compared to most domestic cars, mp3 stereo, 30city 38hwy mpg, lively 2.0L, smooth shifts, quiet, 6 standard airbags, great brake feel, gauge cluster, air filtration, power heated mirrors, TPMS.

A 5 speed auto would boost mpg even more, back seat cup-holders are too shallow to function, ABS needs to be standard, a bit more passion in the design inside and out, seat bottoms need to be longer, dealer added cruise control looks dinky, horn sounds dinky, speedometer is over-ambitious.

Skeptical At First, A Believer Now
By Gil A

2007 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've always owned Hondas so when it comes to the Kia, it had to go a ways to measure up. It has. It has 27,500 miles on it, purchased it with 24,000 but it looked and drove like new. I'm pleased with it. Now, if it lasts as long as my Hondas did (200,000 or more miles with regular maintenance), I'll be happy. Resale isn't worth anything but I always buy to keep for many years, hopefully. I really like this car. It's as good as my last Civic. And used, it was about half the cost with this low mileage.

It's responsive. The trim and interior measures up. And it's not a bad car for the highway. Quieter than I expected after reading former reviews...

Needs an extra cubic foot or two of trunk space.

Great car , even better for the price!
By Joey P

2007 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I just want to help others looking for a car and are interested in a Kia Spectra EX. First off, Highway miles is excellent, but the all around town use could be better. I love this car. The outside style is nice. The inside is great. Everything is power. The only this car didnt come with, was a sunroof. On the highway this car can move. and around town as well. I'm 6'0, and I have no problem. It is roomy for me and my three kids (two 6 year-olds and a 20 yo). When I originally went to buy this car, I compared it to the Corolla, the Civic and the Sentra. Out of all the cars, this offered the most for the buck and how can you argue with the 100,000 mile warranty. Dealer maintained.

I love the inside comfort and the ride. It is a little loud at times, and when the AC is on, you can feel the car "push." All power. This is the PERFECT car for an all around car for the price. Hopefully the Kia name will gain popularity like Honda, Toyota and Nissan.

My problems with the car is the light color of the material. I would suggest a darker color. Stains will easily show, however, they do clean off fairly easy. An outside temp gauge would be nice, and a larger holder for sunglasses. The holder is nice, but on the small side