Used 2007 Kia Spectra Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Kia Spectra - Consumer Reviews

2007 Kia Spectra Sedan

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:

Rear suspension problems
By jamie

2007 Kia Spectra Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have only 38,300 miles on my 2007 Kia Spectra and last week developed a wobble in my left rear tire. A bolt apparently vibrated loose and after six days in the shop with nothing done I am told that it is not under warranty because this problem is "Human error." I have never had an alignment on the car yet that is what is being blamed for the problem so Kia has decided that they will not cover the repair. The tech stated that this part "Never comes loose on its own" so "I must have done something wrong." I am furious with Kia and will never purchase another car from them if they do not make this right. I have 2 warranties on this car and this is the response I get from them.Shameful service

First car in 40 years
By jharrelson

2007 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

So Far So Good, averages 28/30 mpg in town, has quick response with good acceleration. Iím amazed at roominess. At 6 ft and 200+ pounds, I am very comfortable with lots of head room to wear my Stetson when driving. Back seat is large and roomy, passengers can stretch out their legs and relax even with front seats slid back all the way. The one thing that convinced me to get the Kia was the number of Air Bags in it so in an accident, driver and all passengers are surrounded by air bags. Traded 1993 truck and got 2007 Kia for $7000.00 and monthly payments of $150.00

Favorite Features

maneuverability ... it zips around in traffic and parks in a small space

Suggested Improvements

a larger trunk without losing interior's roominess and also a full sized spare tire. Don't like "Donuts"

A Great Little Car!
By Tammie

2007 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Only 1 problem in 3 years--had to get the Catalic Converter replaced but it was under warranty. Took numerous visits to the dealership to get this done--to run all the necessary tests when the check engine light kept coming on. They got it fixed and it's been running fine for 8 months since.

Favorite Features

I love the way this car drives. Even though it sets low to the ground, it rides good.

Excellent Car!
By kiadriver

2007 Kia Spectra Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The car was given to me as a loaner while my Chevy was in for service and I was so impressed with how much better it was than my own car I wound up buying it. The ride is GREAT, even over potholed northern IL roads. I was very impressed that it comes with all-wheel independent suspension. Handling and ride are excellent. The interior is nicely thought out and very comfortable on long trips, and the car does well in the winter. Only issue was it needed a new radiator at 54000 miles. Kia fixed it under warranty for no charge despite the fact I purchased it used from a Chevy dealer. No other problems at all (knock on wood!).

Favorite Features

Great ride, excellent handling, good pickup, great gas mileage, very good interior, nice looking car, more airbags than you can shake a stick at.

Suggested Improvements

A five speed automatic would be cool, but the four speed that comes with the car does fine. The car is smart enough to turn off the headlights when you turn off the engine, but it doesn't turn off the dome light--I haven't had an issue with that, but it would be nice.

A Great Buy !
By Brandon

2007 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This car is well worth every penny. bought this car at 16k. Still like new.Very great design. great fuel mpg.around 32mpg at 75 per hour. I put 600 miles on my car a week, and love every mile of it. great get up and go for a 2.0 If I keep up with the maintenance this car should get 300k miles on it.

Favorite Features

Sterio looks cool and sounds good. MPG is great. exterior of car looks cool and sporty. cruise easy to use.

Suggested Improvements

1 inch more leg room for taller people