Used 2007 Kia Spectra Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Kia Spectra - Consumer Reviews

2007 Kia Spectra Wagon

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:

2.5 years 72000 miles running strong
By dons

2007 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

K so I bought this new.. Wanted a hatchback because of the fact the rear seats fold completely flat.. Wanted room without sacrificing gas mileage and getting a suv. Exterior is soft tho.. As all vehicles are nowdays. All dings and bumps show up, and the plastic front bumper not so great with 6 or more inches of snow on the ground.. In effect it became a plow during the winter, but with studs got around great anyway. Interior roomy. Wife and 3 kids and me fit great. Car headliner easily stainable oddly enough not sure what happened there. Car has been across country from Washington to Texas and back with no real issues.

Favorite Features

The killer aftermarket stereo I put in this thing.. 2 amps and the electrical system holds up with no problem lights don't dim at all and I'm pushing over 900 Watts continuous! Also zippy around town. Gonna end up driving it til it dies!

Suggested Improvements

Car had problems locking right away after you unlock with keyfob took 3 times to fix, skin of car could use thicker paint.. Overall I abuse the heck out of this lil bugger and it runs as strong as the day I bought it even though I only do oil changes like every 5000 miles (book says u can go 7500)

THE WINNER IS.....
By P00T

2007 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My daughter's first car - she wanted the Spectra5 from the start but I made her check out ALL other makes and models first. Long process but worth it since the Spectra5's value is far superior: vibrant styling inside and out, standard equipment that is optional on others, superb warranty, excellent safety features and of course, great gas mileage. Go ahead and check out the others but you'll end up in the Spectra5 when you're done!

Favorite Features

Styling and safety features

Suggested Improvements

Standard ABS

Snappy
By griz

2007 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car as a commuter car. Drive 25 miles daily to work. It is so comfortable and fun that we now use it almost exclusively. Took it on vacation this year and drove 2600 miles in 2 weeks averaging 36 mpg at 67 mph. At 80 mph it averaged 31 mpg. Snappy does not like 91 octane gas but does best with 87 octane.

Favorite Features

Roomy, quiet, fun to drive and so far very reliable. We now have 23,400 miles on it.

Suggested Improvements

Tires that do not wear out so fast. They hold the road very well but will be worn out by 25,000 miles.

Good Car - Bad Dealer
By mrstan

2007 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My tire pressure sensor system did not work for 5000 miles after I bought this car. This car is an excellent car with power and excellent gas economy (rare combination indeed). The dealership really did suck though. There was a graduate incentive, and this was not followed up on by the dealer. Lost my 500.00.

Favorite Features

I like the handling and the power this car has. This really surprised me and especially for the gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Get the cars checked out before delivery. It took 5000 miles for anyone to figure out why my TPMS sensor light was on all the time.

Press missed the boat on this one
By John K

2007 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I believe in best for the money. I had a 2002 Passat before this car and love everyday in my Spectra 5. The car handles great, almost as well as my Miata. The interior is excellent, the seats are supportive and the room is amazing. It feels better built than a Corolla, is faster than a Matrix and has almost as much interior room as my Passat. In crash tests it gets two excellent and two good scores, so Edmund's is wrong in that department. The engine has guts and gets great mileage. I loaded it to where I could not see out the rear window and drove it half way across the country and averaged 37 mpg. Take into account the cost, equipment and warranty and I had no problem deciding to get it

Favorite Features

Better car than the press lets on. Handles very well, responsive brakes, great ride. The room inside surprised my 6+ foot tall friends. Edmund's says the engine is noisy but it has a great 4 cylinder growl when accelerating and its not all that loud. If Toyota sold it the press would love it.

Suggested Improvements

Any car can use more power. It is not slow and with up to 38 mpg on the highway with an auto trans, who can complain? The engine can ping on regular gas at high rpm. I wish I could have found this car with ABS and manual trans (This is my first car with an auto trans). I am extremely happy.