Used 2007 Kia Spectra Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Kia Spectra Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:

I love my Kia Spectra 5 SX
By Swiffy

2007 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car new in 2007, and I did not regret it. I have now 120000 miles on it and all I basically had to put in was money for new tires and brakes. I have done oil changes regularly and lately replaced all the belts, just in case, but it runs just fine and it has done so from day one. No recalls, no faulty airbags, no nothing. Good customer service from a dealer ship and easy handling - I am very satisfied with my car. It drives when it is dry, when it rains, through ice and snow, good traction, nothing to worry. I have to laugh when I see commercials for all the 'most bought' and 'most reliable' cars, still 'on the road after 10 years' etc and I think of all the recalls all of the big automakers constantly have. No matter how old you car or truck is, there is a recall. I had none and that pretty much satisfies me. And no exploding faulty airbags to worry about, even better.

2.5 years 72000 miles running strong
By dons

2007 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

K so I bought this new.. Wanted a hatchback because of the fact the rear seats fold completely flat.. Wanted room without sacrificing gas mileage and getting a suv. Exterior is soft tho.. As all vehicles are nowdays. All dings and bumps show up, and the plastic front bumper not so great with 6 or more inches of snow on the ground.. In effect it became a plow during the winter, but with studs got around great anyway. Interior roomy. Wife and 3 kids and me fit great. Car headliner easily stainable oddly enough not sure what happened there. Car has been across country from Washington to Texas and back with no real issues.

The killer aftermarket stereo I put in this thing.. 2 amps and the electrical system holds up with no problem lights don't dim at all and I'm pushing over 900 Watts continuous! Also zippy around town. Gonna end up driving it til it dies!

Car had problems locking right away after you unlock with keyfob took 3 times to fix, skin of car could use thicker paint.. Overall I abuse the heck out of this lil bugger and it runs as strong as the day I bought it even though I only do oil changes like every 5000 miles (book says u can go 7500)

THE WINNER IS.....
By P00T

2007 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My daughter's first car - she wanted the Spectra5 from the start but I made her check out ALL other makes and models first. Long process but worth it since the Spectra5's value is far superior: vibrant styling inside and out, standard equipment that is optional on others, superb warranty, excellent safety features and of course, great gas mileage. Go ahead and check out the others but you'll end up in the Spectra5 when you're done!

Styling and safety features

Standard ABS

Snappy
By griz

2007 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car as a commuter car. Drive 25 miles daily to work. It is so comfortable and fun that we now use it almost exclusively. Took it on vacation this year and drove 2600 miles in 2 weeks averaging 36 mpg at 67 mph. At 80 mph it averaged 31 mpg. Snappy does not like 91 octane gas but does best with 87 octane.

Roomy, quiet, fun to drive and so far very reliable. We now have 23,400 miles on it.

Tires that do not wear out so fast. They hold the road very well but will be worn out by 25,000 miles.

Good Car - Bad Dealer
By mrstan

2007 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My tire pressure sensor system did not work for 5000 miles after I bought this car. This car is an excellent car with power and excellent gas economy (rare combination indeed). The dealership really did suck though. There was a graduate incentive, and this was not followed up on by the dealer. Lost my 500.00.

I like the handling and the power this car has. This really surprised me and especially for the gas mileage.

Get the cars checked out before delivery. It took 5000 miles for anyone to figure out why my TPMS sensor light was on all the time.