2007 Kia Spectra Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:
2.5 years 72000 miles running strong
By dons on 01/30/10 20:51 PM (PST)

2007 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

K so I bought this new.. Wanted a hatchback because of the fact the rear seats fold completely flat.. Wanted room without sacrificing gas mileage and getting a suv. Exterior is soft tho.. As all vehicles are nowdays. All dings and bumps show up, and the plastic front bumper not so great with 6 or more inches of snow on the ground.. In effect it became a plow during the winter, but with studs got around great anyway. Interior roomy. Wife and 3 kids and me fit great. Car headliner easily stainable oddly enough not sure what happened there. Car has been across country from Washington to Texas and back with no real issues.

THE WINNER IS.....
By P00T on 11/16/08 11:29 AM (PST)

2007 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My daughter's first car - she wanted the Spectra5 from the start but I made her check out ALL other makes and models first. Long process but worth it since the Spectra5's value is far superior: vibrant styling inside and out, standard equipment that is optional on others, superb warranty, excellent safety features and of course, great gas mileage. Go ahead and check out the others but you'll end up in the Spectra5 when you're done!

Snappy
By griz on 08/28/08 01:13 AM (PDT)

2007 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car as a commuter car. Drive 25 miles daily to work. It is so comfortable and fun that we now use it almost exclusively. Took it on vacation this year and drove 2600 miles in 2 weeks averaging 36 mpg at 67 mph. At 80 mph it averaged 31 mpg. Snappy does not like 91 octane gas but does best with 87 octane.

Good Car - Bad Dealer
By mrstan on 05/27/08 18:43 PM (PDT)

2007 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My tire pressure sensor system did not work for 5000 miles after I bought this car. This car is an excellent car with power and excellent gas economy (rare combination indeed). The dealership really did suck though. There was a graduate incentive, and this was not followed up on by the dealer. Lost my 500.00.

Press missed the boat on this one
By John K on 04/28/08 14:27 PM (PDT)

2007 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I believe in best for the money. I had a 2002 Passat before this car and love everyday in my Spectra 5. The car handles great, almost as well as my Miata. The interior is excellent, the seats are supportive and the room is amazing. It feels better built than a Corolla, is faster than a Matrix and has almost as much interior room as my Passat. In crash tests it gets two excellent and two good scores, so Edmund's is wrong in that department. The engine has guts and gets great mileage. I loaded it to where I could not see out the rear window and drove it half way across the country and averaged 37 mpg. Take into account the cost, equipment and warranty and I had no problem deciding to get it

Spectra 5 is a nice ride
By shelbyguy on 01/02/08 18:03 PM (PST)

2007 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This has been a good car so far. I am not thrilled with the gas mileage, I get about 32. Somtimes that dips to 29 mpg. I had a 94 Escort wagon 5 speed that got 36 no matter how you drove it. It would keep up with the KIA too! Otherwise I have really enjoyed the car, runs great and is comfortable even with all the seats full. Stereo is really nice. Insturments and extra features are really nice. Really has the other companies beat on added features I think. No problems mechanically and I am at 20,000 miles today. Some times if it is really low on gas it does not start on the first try. If you turn the key off and try again, it starts everytime, wierd but not a problem.

Love My Kia!
By celticgirl on 09/08/07 08:24 AM (PDT)

2007 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I traded in a Pathfinder, yes, and I am glad I did, no regrets. Great gas mileage, car has pep, it's fun to drive. I've had no issues at all with car. I've been in for first service and they were awesome. I got the sports package and it beats all comparable cars hands down in styling and utility. I get compliments wherever I go and the cars actually turns heads. I think the sports package is worth the extra money for the features and styling you get.

Great Little Roomy Family Car!
By mndjansen on 09/06/07 19:02 PM (PDT)

2007 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have only had this car for a little while. However my husband and I are amazed over the comfort of the car. We love how quick it handles and how much fun it is to drive. The gas mileage is one of the best options as well! Overall it is exactly what we were looking for.

Two words: Fun and Practical
By Lucas on 08/15/07 00:11 AM (PDT)

2007 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Kia Spectra5! The Kia is sporty to drive and responsive in its handling. No complaints. The 5 speed manual is smooth, and the engine is surprisingly powerful. I like that the look is understated and not so in your face. It grows on you after while and I look forward getting in the car and drive to my next destination. Fit and finish and attention to detail is first rate. Very roomy for a car this size. Lots of storage and handy appointments, even "secret" compartments. Last but not least is value for money. This car costs considerably less than similarly appointed cars, like the Mazda3, Honda Civic, Nissan Sentra, VW Golf. Highly recommended! 5 Stars *****. :)

Who needs Zoom Zoom
By Jay on 08/14/07 20:54 PM (PDT)

2007 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Pros: Sporty, roomy, great mileage, comfortable ride, every option you would need, the fit and finish is great. Cons: A smidge noisy at higher speeds but to be expected in a smaller less expensive car. I am 6'3" and over 350 lbs and I have ample room on this car. I also have 2 young boys and they have stated that they have more room in the back seat then they did in my Nissan Frontier Crew Cab. I can fit my golf clubs and pullcart in the hatchback with out having to fold down the seats. This is a great car for someone looking for a gas sipper who is on a budget. It has the flexibility of a Mini-minivan, and the feel of a sportscar. I know Mazda has Zoom Zoom but my Spectra5 has zip zip.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.