2007 Kia Spectra LX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Kia Spectra - Consumer Reviews

2007 Spectra Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:

Sort Reviews by

Great little sedan
By joshatl

2007 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

What can I say? I'm impressed by the overall performance of my 2007 Spectra. I had driven Honda Civic, Toyota Corolla and Hyundai Elantra in the past until I decided to try Kia Spectra. This car handles well, engine is strong and very responsive, also great on gas. Based on my experiences, I would say it drives better than Corolla and Elantra, and somewhat similar to Civic. The only difference is probably in the material quality used to build the interior. But considering the price I paid for my Spectra, I feel okay about it. It has now 112K miles on it, and I just got the drive and timing belts, water pump and engine mount replaced. I will at least drive this car until it reaches 200K.

Suggested Improvements

Better paint for the exterior and better plastic quality for the interior.

GREAT CAR
By selbone1

2007 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

97000 and still going i am the only owner and i have put full synthetic everything since new i plan on getting 300000 or more out of this car.

Favorite Features

gas mileage

Very Happy
By Peter

2007 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my '07 Spectra for $7000 with only 34,000 Km on the clock and use it for my daily commute (half hr each way). It has performed without flaw since August and I haven't had a moment of regret. Seats are comfortable, heater is good and the radio/CD player provides great sound. Performance is more than adequate for highway commuting.

Favorite Features

Simplicity, comfort and reliability. Fold down rear seats allow long items to be stowed from the trunk and into the passenger area.

Pleasantly Surprised
By MMcD

2007 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car with 34k miles to replace my 05 Honda Civic, which was totaled in a highway accident. I loved my Civic, and was very squeamish about getting a replacement that could live up to its reputation, but my little Spectra has been amazing! I average 28 mpg city, 35 highway. I've put 30,000 miles on it in a year and a half, and it hasn't had one single problem whatsoever. Regular oil changes every 3k miles, tires and gas are all the money I've put into it, and it runs beautifully in every condition - snow, ice, 110* heat, torrential rain (that's St. Louis weather for you).

Favorite Features

Fantastic stock sound system. The MP3 jack is awesome, I just plug my iPod in and go. Great gas mileage. Very comfortable seats, especially for long distance trips. And of course the reliability!

Suggested Improvements

The EX model didn't come with cruise control, and I had to get it installed afterward. Not a big deal but it would've been nice to have originally.

Rear suspension problems
By jamie

2007 Kia Spectra Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have only 38,300 miles on my 2007 Kia Spectra and last week developed a wobble in my left rear tire. A bolt apparently vibrated loose and after six days in the shop with nothing done I am told that it is not under warranty because this problem is "Human error." I have never had an alignment on the car yet that is what is being blamed for the problem so Kia has decided that they will not cover the repair. The tech stated that this part "Never comes loose on its own" so "I must have done something wrong." I am furious with Kia and will never purchase another car from them if they do not make this right. I have 2 warranties on this car and this is the response I get from them.Shameful service

First car in 40 years
By jharrelson

2007 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

So Far So Good, averages 28/30 mpg in town, has quick response with good acceleration. Iím amazed at roominess. At 6 ft and 200+ pounds, I am very comfortable with lots of head room to wear my Stetson when driving. Back seat is large and roomy, passengers can stretch out their legs and relax even with front seats slid back all the way. The one thing that convinced me to get the Kia was the number of Air Bags in it so in an accident, driver and all passengers are surrounded by air bags. Traded 1993 truck and got 2007 Kia for $7000.00 and monthly payments of $150.00

Favorite Features

maneuverability ... it zips around in traffic and parks in a small space

Suggested Improvements

a larger trunk without losing interior's roominess and also a full sized spare tire. Don't like "Donuts"

A Great Little Car!
By Tammie

2007 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Only 1 problem in 3 years--had to get the Catalic Converter replaced but it was under warranty. Took numerous visits to the dealership to get this done--to run all the necessary tests when the check engine light kept coming on. They got it fixed and it's been running fine for 8 months since.

Favorite Features

I love the way this car drives. Even though it sets low to the ground, it rides good.

Excellent Car!
By kiadriver

2007 Kia Spectra Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The car was given to me as a loaner while my Chevy was in for service and I was so impressed with how much better it was than my own car I wound up buying it. The ride is GREAT, even over potholed northern IL roads. I was very impressed that it comes with all-wheel independent suspension. Handling and ride are excellent. The interior is nicely thought out and very comfortable on long trips, and the car does well in the winter. Only issue was it needed a new radiator at 54000 miles. Kia fixed it under warranty for no charge despite the fact I purchased it used from a Chevy dealer. No other problems at all (knock on wood!).

Favorite Features

Great ride, excellent handling, good pickup, great gas mileage, very good interior, nice looking car, more airbags than you can shake a stick at.

Suggested Improvements

A five speed automatic would be cool, but the four speed that comes with the car does fine. The car is smart enough to turn off the headlights when you turn off the engine, but it doesn't turn off the dome light--I haven't had an issue with that, but it would be nice.

A Great Buy !
By Brandon

2007 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This car is well worth every penny. bought this car at 16k. Still like new.Very great design. great fuel mpg.around 32mpg at 75 per hour. I put 600 miles on my car a week, and love every mile of it. great get up and go for a 2.0 If I keep up with the maintenance this car should get 300k miles on it.

Favorite Features

Sterio looks cool and sounds good. MPG is great. exterior of car looks cool and sporty. cruise easy to use.

Suggested Improvements

1 inch more leg room for taller people

AMAZING gas mileage
By RICK

2007 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my Spectra the day after Thanksgiving, and I definitely have no complaints. I just calculated that I'm getting an average of 35mpg in a mix of city/highway driving, which is a big step up from my old Cavalier that I traded in. The seats are comfortable, I like the way the dash is designed, and the ample trunk space. The AUX jack makes life easy too. All in all, this is a great economical car, and I hope to have many years with it!

Favorite Features

Gas Mileage, the Interior Design and trunk space

Suggested Improvements

A little longer wheelbase and leather seats would be nice, but I think the Forte offers that and more...