Used 2007 Kia Spectra Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Kia Spectra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:

Things I Wish I Knew
By kam2901

2007 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car used in 2014. It only had 49k miles on it and was a one owner car. I thought I had a great deal since it had such low mileage for the age and that it was a one owner car so I bought it after my mechanic looked at it. About a month after purchase I filled my tank and it began stalling (its an automatic) and releasing black smoke out of the exhaust. I immediately got it towed to the dealership and they replaced all of my spark plugs and fuel lines and the problem was fine. Now a year later at 59k miles I filled my tank to only 3 quarters of a tank and the same problem is occurring. I wish I knew what I was getting into or else I would have gotten something reliable.

The interior of the car is nice, I like that it is clean and simple. That is about it though.

I wish that Kia would begin building decent quality vehicles. No matter how many reviews you see it seems that around 60k miles they just begin breaking down and become money pits. If you purchase a Kia don't plan on it being reliable. I'd suggest spending the extra few grand to get in something reliable rather than buying an inexpensive Kia and having to pay thousands later on.

Great little sedan
By joshatl

2007 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

What can I say? I'm impressed by the overall performance of my 2007 Spectra. I had driven Honda Civic, Toyota Corolla and Hyundai Elantra in the past until I decided to try Kia Spectra. This car handles well, engine is strong and very responsive, also great on gas. Based on my experiences, I would say it drives better than Corolla and Elantra, and somewhat similar to Civic. The only difference is probably in the material quality used to build the interior. But considering the price I paid for my Spectra, I feel okay about it. It has now 112K miles on it, and I just got the drive and timing belts, water pump and engine mount replaced. I will at least drive this car until it reaches 200K.

Better paint for the exterior and better plastic quality for the interior.

GREAT CAR
By selbone1

2007 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

97000 and still going i am the only owner and i have put full synthetic everything since new i plan on getting 300000 or more out of this car.

gas mileage

Very Happy
By Peter

2007 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my '07 Spectra for $7000 with only 34,000 Km on the clock and use it for my daily commute (half hr each way). It has performed without flaw since August and I haven't had a moment of regret. Seats are comfortable, heater is good and the radio/CD player provides great sound. Performance is more than adequate for highway commuting.

Simplicity, comfort and reliability. Fold down rear seats allow long items to be stowed from the trunk and into the passenger area.

Pleasantly Surprised
By MMcD

2007 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car with 34k miles to replace my 05 Honda Civic, which was totaled in a highway accident. I loved my Civic, and was very squeamish about getting a replacement that could live up to its reputation, but my little Spectra has been amazing! I average 28 mpg city, 35 highway. I've put 30,000 miles on it in a year and a half, and it hasn't had one single problem whatsoever. Regular oil changes every 3k miles, tires and gas are all the money I've put into it, and it runs beautifully in every condition - snow, ice, 110* heat, torrential rain (that's St. Louis weather for you).

Fantastic stock sound system. The MP3 jack is awesome, I just plug my iPod in and go. Great gas mileage. Very comfortable seats, especially for long distance trips. And of course the reliability!

The EX model didn't come with cruise control, and I had to get it installed afterward. Not a big deal but it would've been nice to have originally.