Used 2007 Kia Spectra Spectra5 SX Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Kia Spectra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:

Good car
By Kevin

2007 Kia Spectra Spectra5 SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Very small car(Im 6'0) but reliable, mines had the navigation system, fast to go around small/tight corners, felt like a sports car! so those was the best part.. had issues with the brakes(pads, disc, etc) but once i got them fixed it was great again! also had problems with the power steering but it was just one of the belts was to tight. Surprised how WELL it drove in the snow also (Live In Massachusetts).. Had a couple more issues with bearings and control arms and stuff like that but it was because of all the potholes around my area and sometimes my crazy driving when late to work, etc.. GREAT MPG ALSO!
Overall its a great car but for people that arent to big/tall or even with family of four, to crowded/small and uncomfortable especially going on long trips!
Bought this car when i was single so it helped out big time! Now having a family of four had to get rid of it and get something bigger!
I would definelty recommend this car but only if single or just in a relationship with no kids lol...
(Had it for 2 full years)

I love my Kia Spectra 5 SX
By Swiffy

2007 Kia Spectra Spectra5 SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car new in 2007, and I did not regret it. I have now 120000 miles on it and all I basically had to put in was money for new tires and brakes. I have done oil changes regularly and lately replaced all the belts, just in case, but it runs just fine and it has done so from day one. No recalls, no faulty airbags, no nothing. Good customer service from a dealer ship and easy handling - I am very satisfied with my car. It drives when it is dry, when it rains, through ice and snow, good traction, nothing to worry.

I have to laugh when I see commercials for all the 'most bought' and 'most reliable' cars, still 'on the road after 10 years' etc and I think of all the recalls all of the big automakers constantly have. No matter how old you car or truck is, there is a recall. I had none and that pretty much satisfies me. And no exploding faulty airbags to worry about, even better.

Snappy
By griz

2007 Kia Spectra Spectra5 SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car as a commuter car. Drive 25 miles daily to work. It is so comfortable and fun that we now use it almost exclusively. Took it on vacation this year and drove 2600 miles in 2 weeks averaging 36 mpg at 67 mph. At 80 mph it averaged 31 mpg. Snappy does not like 91 octane gas but does best with 87 octane.

Roomy, quiet, fun to drive and so far very reliable. We now have 23,400 miles on it.

Tires that do not wear out so fast. They hold the road very well but will be worn out by 25,000 miles.

Spectra 5 is a nice ride
By shelbyguy

2007 Kia Spectra Spectra5 SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This has been a good car so far. I am not thrilled with the gas mileage, I get about 32. Somtimes that dips to 29 mpg. I had a 94 Escort wagon 5 speed that got 36 no matter how you drove it. It would keep up with the KIA too! Otherwise I have really enjoyed the car, runs great and is comfortable even with all the seats full. Stereo is really nice. Insturments and extra features are really nice. Really has the other companies beat on added features I think. No problems mechanically and I am at 20,000 miles today. Some times if it is really low on gas it does not start on the first try. If you turn the key off and try again, it starts everytime, wierd but not a problem.

6 CD stereo is super, cargo compartment very nice, alloy wheels are great, mirror and rear defoger with wiper is very nice. Roomy cabin is very comfortable, 5 speed tranny is responsive and smooth.

Needs to get 35 MPG consistently.

Great Little Roomy Family Car!
By mndjansen

2007 Kia Spectra Spectra5 SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have only had this car for a little while. However my husband and I are amazed over the comfort of the car. We love how quick it handles and how much fun it is to drive. The gas mileage is one of the best options as well! Overall it is exactly what we were looking for.

Some of my favorite features include the comfortable seats, roomy feel, gas mpg and the electric orange color!

The suggested improvements that I can think of are minimal. One would be the location of the cruise control switch. I accidentally hit it all the time. Oh and the sun visors could be a bit longer.