2007 Kia Spectra 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Reviews

2007 Kia Spectra - Consumer Reviews

Spectra5 SX Wagon (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:
Snappy
By griz on 08/28/08 01:13 AM (PDT)

2007 Kia Spectra Spectra5 SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car as a commuter car. Drive 25 miles daily to work. It is so comfortable and fun that we now use it almost exclusively. Took it on vacation this year and drove 2600 miles in 2 weeks averaging 36 mpg at 67 mph. At 80 mph it averaged 31 mpg. Snappy does not like 91 octane gas but does best with 87 octane.

Spectra 5 is a nice ride
By shelbyguy on 01/02/08 18:03 PM (PST)

2007 Kia Spectra Spectra5 SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This has been a good car so far. I am not thrilled with the gas mileage, I get about 32. Somtimes that dips to 29 mpg. I had a 94 Escort wagon 5 speed that got 36 no matter how you drove it. It would keep up with the KIA too! Otherwise I have really enjoyed the car, runs great and is comfortable even with all the seats full. Stereo is really nice. Insturments and extra features are really nice. Really has the other companies beat on added features I think. No problems mechanically and I am at 20,000 miles today. Some times if it is really low on gas it does not start on the first try. If you turn the key off and try again, it starts everytime, wierd but not a problem.

Great Little Roomy Family Car!
By mndjansen on 09/06/07 19:02 PM (PDT)

2007 Kia Spectra Spectra5 SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have only had this car for a little while. However my husband and I are amazed over the comfort of the car. We love how quick it handles and how much fun it is to drive. The gas mileage is one of the best options as well! Overall it is exactly what we were looking for.

Two words: Fun and Practical
By Lucas on 08/15/07 00:11 AM (PDT)

2007 Kia Spectra Spectra5 SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Kia Spectra5! The Kia is sporty to drive and responsive in its handling. No complaints. The 5 speed manual is smooth, and the engine is surprisingly powerful. I like that the look is understated and not so in your face. It grows on you after while and I look forward getting in the car and drive to my next destination. Fit and finish and attention to detail is first rate. Very roomy for a car this size. Lots of storage and handy appointments, even "secret" compartments. Last but not least is value for money. This car costs considerably less than similarly appointed cars, like the Mazda3, Honda Civic, Nissan Sentra, VW Golf. Highly recommended! 5 Stars *****. :)

Great car for the money
By from david on 06/25/07 03:27 AM (PDT)

2007 Kia Spectra Spectra5 SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Plain and simple I love this little car. First time buyer of Korean car. Rides nice, love the mileage, no problems so far in the 6 months I've had it. The sunroof package is great. I noticed some small amount of road wander though, but it's still worth the money. I bought some Kia accessories to really make the car look sharp. I get lots second looks on the highway. I got the car in red, love it, plus it passes a lot of gas stations. I am averaging about 34 mpg. So far, so good, no real complaints. It's a quality built car that I think you should test drive. I got the 5 spd. I think Kia is on track to surpass Japanese quality or at least equal it for far less money. I would buy this car again in a heart beat.