Used 2007 Kia Spectra Consumer Reviews - 69 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Kia Spectra - Consumer Reviews

2007 Kia Spectra

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:

Love this car!
By Landon Stauffer

2007 Kia Spectra LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I absolutely love the 2007 Kia Spectra LX. I bought it as my first car, and was absolutely amazed. It has a good amount of pep, and handles extremely well. Drives well at high speeds, accelerates pretty quickly, and is fun to drive. I am 5'8" and when i sat in it I felt like a hand in a glove, perfect fit. Great gas mileage, and very reliable. I had the car for two years, from 88,000 to 107,000 miles. I replaced the timing belt when I bought it, but other than that all I had to do was oil changes. I would have loved to keep the car forever, but the LX version does not have air conditioning, and I am soon moving to a hotter climate. Mine was manual, and I did have some problems down shifting into second, as it would grind, and I don't know if that was standard among this model or not. I had to slow down a lot more than normal standards in order to shift into second gear smoothly. Overall this car was amazing and after buying, I was extremely impressed with Kia, and this Spectra. From some other Kia's that I have been in and this one, I see that Kia does a great job at making comfortable vehicles. Very reliable, comfortable, cost efficient, and just an overall great car!

sweet ride
By riley ed

2007 Kia Spectra EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Not overwhelmed with power , but awesome on gas.

BEST CAR EVER!
By Alex H

2007 Kia Spectra EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought our 2007 Kia Spectra EX with only 4,000 miles on it. It is currently just shy of 170,000 miles and is still driving like a dream! I have never had any issues with this car, its been beyond dependable since I bought it 8 years ago. We have done regular maintenance (oil changes, tires, brakes, etc) the only thing we had to do was replace 1 front-end tie rod. This car is such a beast (in a very miniature package) that the factory brakes and rotors lasted 155,000 miles before they needed replacing. I was very skeptical about Kia when I was initially car shopping but couldn't beat the price and dependability.

The car is overall comfortable, I am 5'5 and have more than enough room; however, I will admit that my 6'2 husband driving it does make it look a little bit like a clown car! My only complaints I have about this car is that it doesn't have cruise control and the front seats feel more like cinder blocks than the cushy seat facade it gives off!

To sum it up: If you find a Kia Spectra, buy it! Its the best money you will spend...and now they are classics!

Still Going!
By M D Wright

2007 Kia Spectra EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased my Kia Spectra brand new in Sept of 2007. Over 417,000 later, Still Going Strong! Standard reccomended maintenance.

Good car
By Kevin

2007 Kia Spectra Spectra5 SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Very small car(Im 6'0) but reliable, mines had the navigation system, fast to go around small/tight corners, felt like a sports car! so those was the best part.. had issues with the brakes(pads, disc, etc) but once i got them fixed it was great again! also had problems with the power steering but it was just one of the belts was to tight. Surprised how WELL it drove in the snow also (Live In Massachusetts).. Had a couple more issues with bearings and control arms and stuff like that but it was because of all the potholes around my area and sometimes my crazy driving when late to work, etc.. GREAT MPG ALSO!
Overall its a great car but for people that arent to big/tall or even with family of four, to crowded/small and uncomfortable especially going on long trips!
Bought this car when i was single so it helped out big time! Now having a family of four had to get rid of it and get something bigger!
I would definelty recommend this car but only if single or just in a relationship with no kids lol...
(Had it for 2 full years)