Used 2006 Kia Spectra Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Kia Spectra Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:

Better then a used car...
By david

2006 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I only have the car three weeks - much too early for complete honest report but so far I am extremely happy with the car, especially when I pull into the gas station and fill up. Average fuel economy is about 34mpg. I think it's a much better alternative to a used car you know nothing about. I did all my research on Edmunds and got even a lower price then I expected. $15,000.00 - that includes sun roof and abs. I got it in red and that includes tax and tags. If you're looking for a car that rides like your 1970 Olds 98 forget it but I would have no problem taking the car on a long trip. The seats are comfortable. I am impressed so far. No negative comments right now but stay tuned.

Love the sun roof and the fuel economy. Easy to read dash. Love the standard features. Love the price. It's fun to drive. If you have large family it's not the car for you. Great for single person or and older couple. 35 or so mpg. I can live with that. So far so good. Great heater, I live in PA where it's cold.

Honestly I am 100% satisfied right now but too early to tell only have the car a month with about 1,000 miles on it.

road trip with a brand new car
By trish

2006 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought my Spectra 5 a week before taking it on a 2,000 mile road trip. I am 5'3", my husband is 6'3". Surprise, he loves it as much as I do; he wasn't cramped and I wasn't wore out after driving it for 2 days and 1,000 miles on the return trip. Had no problem with acceleration through the mountains or keeping up with traffic and passing on the highway. Fuel economy was fantastic, almost 39 miles to the gallon. So far there is nothing i don't love about my new car.

Seat comfort, acceleration, fuel economy and interior layout.

Rain gutters on front windows.

Kia Spectra 5 - a serious competitor
By Jim G

2006 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

One of my first trips was from Atlanta to Charleston SC. Five + hours on the road and still comfortable (I'm 6'2"). The ride included some quick maneuvers and high speeds (80 plus to keep up with traffic). Engine power & response were great, even with the AC on. I averaged 33MPG highway! The versatility of being able to flip the seats gives it SUV versatility. The fit & finish are great. More room & power than a Matrix, at a much lower price. With the price of gas, this style car should be seriously considered.

Styling & versatility. Interior room is amazing for a small car. The car handles like a little sports car. Great gas mileage.

Modify the rear bumper skirting to allow for a tow hitch. Add radio options such as a MP3 player connection. Add the "auto-stick" feature like the Hyundais to allow you to shift the automatic transmission like a shift model.

Kia Spectra5
By KentuckyRanger

2006 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased the Spectra 5 about 2 months ago and so far the car has performed excellent. The performance is what you'd expect from a 2L 4 cylinder engine but as far as the drivetrain, everything runs smooth as silk. The power band of the engine is quite linear and the transmission shifts are smooth and precise. It's taken about 4k miles for the millage to come up and so far with about 5k miles it's averaging 31 mpg, not too bad. The ride is superb and the noise level rivals much bigger luxury cars as well. If you close your eyes while riding down the interstate you'd swear you where in a much bigger car. The Spectra 5 also has a stout secure feel to it while driving, very solid with excellent feedback.

The Spectra 5 is a blast to drive! I love the little touches like placement of the cruise control, loads of storage spaces and the handy gas cap holder built into the cover. I also love the storage bins located in the spare tire compartment with access doors on either side of the trunk.

Kia could have put power outlets for the back seat passengers and the quality of the carpet is on the cheap side. Maybe Kia's idea was to make it more of a sporty short nap or something. The material of the seats could be a little more sturdy as well. Lack of light up controls for the sunroof.

Fun Little Car
By smartie pants

2006 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We were downsizing due to rising gas prices with no end in sight, and the current Middle East crisis. We are both tall, hubby 6'6" and me 6' and we fit well with room to spare. The latch lock and rear anchor tether system for child seat is great. With all of us in the car, it is not too quick off the mark, but it is great for what we use it for, commuting to work. The hatch back has a ton of room. I managed to fit 2 big boxes and a black bin bag full of recycling in there the other day and I could still see out of the rear view mirror! For the price this car is a lot of fun to drive and has all we need for a comfy ride to work.

Safety features, side airbags, tethers for child seats. Easy logical controls. lots of storage and very roomy.

ABS standard.