2006 Kia Spectra Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:
It's money in your wallet
By Blackstealth on 07/22/06 19:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a 2006 Kia Spectra manual, ABS, sunroof, black. For a foreign car it's great. Of course it is small but everything else is great. This car is the greatest on turns buta little slow on the go. The dealer though ripped me off!

Quite a Value....And Fun, Too.
By John S on 06/17/06 13:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I highly recommend this KIA, especially considering the cost. Something I never thought I'd say. Ride and steering is nice and tight. Comfort is very good, though a taller person has nowhere to fully straighten out the right leg when on cruise control. A minor concern. Car looks sharp, good clean lines/curves. Brakes feel solid. The interior looks very nice. Climate controls are easy to use. Keeping in mind that this is not a sports car; the engine has no power issues, unless you have more than one passenger, and are going up a steep hill. Overall, this car is a terrific value. Add in the incredible warranty, and I couldn't pass it up. More than a commuter car, it's a fun ride.

Great car for the money!
By Sam_Adams on 06/13/06 20:22 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I previously owned a 98 Kia Sephia and all I can say about this new Kia is WOW. What a great deal. I got a great incentive on the car; $1500 off the MSRP (owner loyalty and other bonuses). I was going to buy it in February, but decided to wait. I looked at a few others, the Corolla, the Civic, even the new Yaris. The Kia, of course, had the best overall package. The outstanding warranty, good looks, lots of room, and it's really fun to drive. For those of you considering this car, DO NOT buy the automatic. With all small 4 cylinder cars, it tends to drain the fun to drive factor out of the vehicle. I couldn't be happier with my purchase. Oh, and the dealership had outstanding service as well.

Great, economical car with style.
By Steve on 06/08/06 14:21 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The car is great. Has wonderful acceleration, comfort, affordability, and handles great. Great gas mileage, and offers wonderful standard features including cruise control, AM/FM/CD, automatic windows and door locks, AC, and a 2.0 liter engine. Gets about 38 miles on the highway and currently getting 29-30 around town. Also great safety features and warranty. I compared this with the Matrix and it is a much better value.

carpe diem
By your ol pal randy on 06/08/06 09:46 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Have been trying to get my wife to look at this car. Once I got her into it, it was a done deal. Quality, price, handling and only 1 trim level = everything. If other cars are a better value, why can't the manufacturers offer a decent warranty? Because they want to nail you for the post warranty work thatÂ’s why. Also, msrp =$13,900.00 on other cars. Oh, you want wheels with that? Ends up at $18000.00+. Particularly the Dodge Caliber. Am very, very pleased.

Excellent car
By Shahed on 05/21/06 16:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Better than any of its class. Warranty is best. Why worry if you are backed by KIA. Lot better than Corolla or Honda. Low price compared to options you are getting. Nowhere can you find the safety or this class.

Awesome Car
By Paul in Hickory, NC on 05/19/06 13:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I really did a lot of homework before I decided to make a purchase. I compared it to the Toyota Corolla, the Honda Civic, and the Nissan Sentra. For the money and the warranty, I could not have gotten a better car. I really enjoy driving my Spectra5, it turns a lot of heads. It is in the red color... and I will be having the windows tinted on it with vent visors. I highly suggest this car to anyone. A very fun car.

great sporty car for the money
By Favian on 05/18/06 18:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first Kia that I have ever purchased and I'm pleasantly impressed. Build quality is great and so far reliability is excellent. The gearing configuration in the automatic could use some improvement as well but overall the car is an excellent value in looks, safety, options, warranty and reliability.

Fun car to drive!
By Liz on 04/03/06 15:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought this car a couple of days ago and it's so much fun to drive. I love it! It's comfortable inside and stylish outside. It drives really smooth and has great gas mileage. Plus the dealership has been great to me and they are super friendly. I am very satisfied with my purchase.

fun to drive, excellent rear headroom
By Tim on 03/31/06 12:27 PM (PST)

2006 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

With the manual transmission, the Spectra5 is a fun car to drive, with decent acceleration & handling. (I thought the automatic was a little underpowered; maybe it just needed to be shifted into Low sometimes. But isn't the point of an automatic to do that automatically?) I ended up with power windows/locks (std), side air bags (std), ABS (opt), and sunroof (opt) for $1000 less than I'd have gotten another car for -- without those features. It's amazing how many cars I ruled out because of too little rear headroom (my son & I are both >6'); we both easily fit in the back of the Spectra5. (The headroom in the Spectra is the same, but I wanted something other than a basic 4-door sedan).

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.