Used 2006 Kia Spectra Wagon Consumer Reviews - 32 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Kia Spectra Wagon - Consumer Reviews

2006 Kia Spectra Wagon

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:

Perfect Fit!
By Sarah

2006 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Every time I get in a drive this car, I'm glad we bought it. It's fun to drive, easy to park, good on gas, and we've had no troubles with it whatsoever. We're planning on a longer road trip next week, and I am reassured that we'll be taking this car with us. It's comfortable (not too big, not to small) and has plenty of cargo space for a family of three.

Fun to drive, good fuel economy, comfy

A little more spunk to the engine

Best Bang for Your Buck!
By LR

2006 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The Kia Spectra5 is by far the best small wagon in its class. Great styling and looks, practical and fun. I love the way it handles - it turns on a dime. It's a zippy little wagon, with just enough get up and go. Excellent on gas mileage. Pretty good choice of exterior colors.

I like the way it looks. For the price, it's a pretty sharp little car. It fits a LOT of cargo (albeit not large, wide objects). I can actually fit my folded trade show canopy in it! I love the 60/40 back seat!

Hatch opening too narrow/small. I can't fit my folding trade show table thru the hatch or the back doors. As such, a roof rack would have been nice. Fabric on seats is coarse, difficult to clean. Cheap floor mats. Would like another choice of interior color (gray/black is ugly, hot, shows lint).

I'd buy another one!
By Jonny

2006 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car and would buy another one. Great car for customizing and modding. Gas mileage is 30 MPG. I'm 58 yrs old and have owned Jags, MGs, Triumphs, Sunbeam Alpine and Tiger, Austin Healey 2+2, Piper GT to name a few and this car is just as much fun to drive as any of those. But you don't have the high maintenance on it. Just get in and drive the Kia. Most reliable car I have ever had. I recommend Kias to everybody I meet. And it will outrun some of the Hondas, Mazdas, Toyotas, and Nissans.

Low maintenance and 100,000 mile/10 warrantee.

Needs more horsepower. 138 HP isn't really enough. Needs to be 200 HP or more.

Pleasantly Surprised
By Pleasantly Surprised

2006 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was super impressed with this car. I always swore I would never drive a 4 cylinder. Well when gas prices began to rise I changed my mind. In the past couple of years I've owned a 2004 Grand Prix GT, a 2005 Malibu,and a 2006 Amanti. I traded my Amanti for the Spectra due to gas mileage. It is so much fun to drive and it has a lot more pep than I would have thought. I also have to say something for Kia because neither my Amanti nor my spectra had or have been in for any warranty work.

Sunroof, front interior room, sporty exterior.

Interior styling, radio, more interior options such as leather.

Fun and Economical Hatchback
By Cheongyei

2006 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had looked at the new Dodge Caliber and the PT Cruiser, but found the Spectra5 to be superior in every category: fit, finish, fun, fuel economy, warranty, handling, standard features. The 5 has a sporty suspension with extra low-profile tires, alloy wheels, front and rear sway bars. Tight turning radius, no problem taking tight corners. Point it where you want it, and it goes. The nicest handling small car I've owned, and I have had Toyotas, Hondas, Audis, Capris, Neons. Kia has improved the appearance of the interior for 2007, and fixed the too-low front air dam as well, so the two biggest problems of 2006 are now history. If you are looking for the right 2007 hatch, try the Spectra5.

Alloy wheels, stereo, aluminum pedals, dead pedal for the left foot, remote entry & lock, and great zippy handling. Inexpensive, but will not disappoint the driver who wants a little fun. Peppy engine, too.

2006 interior fabric is too cheesy. 2006 front air dam is too low. Both of these challenges are fixed in 2007. If only they had a charcoal grey paint color, instead of only basic silver & black, they would have the perfect hatch. Almost as nice as a Rabbit, for $1000's less and similar features.