2006 Kia Spectra Wagon Consumer Reviews 2

2006 Kia Spectra Wagon - Consumer Reviews

2006 Kia Spectra Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:
Perfect Fit!
By Sarah on 04/20/08 18:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Every time I get in a drive this car, I'm glad we bought it. It's fun to drive, easy to park, good on gas, and we've had no troubles with it whatsoever. We're planning on a longer road trip next week, and I am reassured that we'll be taking this car with us. It's comfortable (not too big, not to small) and has plenty of cargo space for a family of three.

Best Bang for Your Buck!
By LR on 07/08/07 19:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The Kia Spectra5 is by far the best small wagon in its class. Great styling and looks, practical and fun. I love the way it handles - it turns on a dime. It's a zippy little wagon, with just enough get up and go. Excellent on gas mileage. Pretty good choice of exterior colors.

I'd buy another one!
By Jonny on 06/05/07 19:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car and would buy another one. Great car for customizing and modding. Gas mileage is 30 MPG. I'm 58 yrs old and have owned Jags, MGs, Triumphs, Sunbeam Alpine and Tiger, Austin Healey 2+2, Piper GT to name a few and this car is just as much fun to drive as any of those. But you don't have the high maintenance on it. Just get in and drive the Kia. Most reliable car I have ever had. I recommend Kias to everybody I meet. And it will outrun some of the Hondas, Mazdas, Toyotas, and Nissans.

Pleasantly Surprised
By Pleasantly Surprised on 04/23/07 17:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was super impressed with this car. I always swore I would never drive a 4 cylinder. Well when gas prices began to rise I changed my mind. In the past couple of years I've owned a 2004 Grand Prix GT, a 2005 Malibu,and a 2006 Amanti. I traded my Amanti for the Spectra due to gas mileage. It is so much fun to drive and it has a lot more pep than I would have thought. I also have to say something for Kia because neither my Amanti nor my spectra had or have been in for any warranty work.

Fun and Economical Hatchback
By Cheongyei on 03/07/07 00:15 AM (PST)

2006 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had looked at the new Dodge Caliber and the PT Cruiser, but found the Spectra5 to be superior in every category: fit, finish, fun, fuel economy, warranty, handling, standard features. The 5 has a sporty suspension with extra low-profile tires, alloy wheels, front and rear sway bars. Tight turning radius, no problem taking tight corners. Point it where you want it, and it goes. The nicest handling small car I've owned, and I have had Toyotas, Hondas, Audis, Capris, Neons. Kia has improved the appearance of the interior for 2007, and fixed the too-low front air dam as well, so the two biggest problems of 2006 are now history. If you are looking for the right 2007 hatch, try the Spectra5.

Better then a used car...
By david on 03/05/07 03:14 AM (PST)

2006 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I only have the car three weeks - much too early for complete honest report but so far I am extremely happy with the car, especially when I pull into the gas station and fill up. Average fuel economy is about 34mpg. I think it's a much better alternative to a used car you know nothing about. I did all my research on Edmunds and got even a lower price then I expected. $15,000.00 - that includes sun roof and abs. I got it in red and that includes tax and tags. If you're looking for a car that rides like your 1970 Olds 98 forget it but I would have no problem taking the car on a long trip. The seats are comfortable. I am impressed so far. No negative comments right now but stay tuned.

road trip with a brand new car
By trish on 11/18/06 06:30 AM (PST)

2006 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought my Spectra 5 a week before taking it on a 2,000 mile road trip. I am 5'3", my husband is 6'3". Surprise, he loves it as much as I do; he wasn't cramped and I wasn't wore out after driving it for 2 days and 1,000 miles on the return trip. Had no problem with acceleration through the mountains or keeping up with traffic and passing on the highway. Fuel economy was fantastic, almost 39 miles to the gallon. So far there is nothing i don't love about my new car.

Kia Spectra 5 - a serious competitor
By Jim G on 08/12/06 05:44 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

One of my first trips was from Atlanta to Charleston SC. Five + hours on the road and still comfortable (I'm 6'2"). The ride included some quick maneuvers and high speeds (80 plus to keep up with traffic). Engine power & response were great, even with the AC on. I averaged 33MPG highway! The versatility of being able to flip the seats gives it SUV versatility. The fit & finish are great. More room & power than a Matrix, at a much lower price. With the price of gas, this style car should be seriously considered.

Kia Spectra5
By KentuckyRanger on 08/05/06 15:32 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased the Spectra 5 about 2 months ago and so far the car has performed excellent. The performance is what you'd expect from a 2L 4 cylinder engine but as far as the drivetrain, everything runs smooth as silk. The power band of the engine is quite linear and the transmission shifts are smooth and precise. It's taken about 4k miles for the millage to come up and so far with about 5k miles it's averaging 31 mpg, not too bad. The ride is superb and the noise level rivals much bigger luxury cars as well. If you close your eyes while riding down the interstate you'd swear you where in a much bigger car. The Spectra 5 also has a stout secure feel to it while driving, very solid with excellent feedback.

Fun Little Car
By smartie pants on 08/03/06 19:52 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We were downsizing due to rising gas prices with no end in sight, and the current Middle East crisis. We are both tall, hubby 6'6" and me 6' and we fit well with room to spare. The latch lock and rear anchor tether system for child seat is great. With all of us in the car, it is not too quick off the mark, but it is great for what we use it for, commuting to work. The hatch back has a ton of room. I managed to fit 2 big boxes and a black bin bag full of recycling in there the other day and I could still see out of the rear view mirror! For the price this car is a lot of fun to drive and has all we need for a comfy ride to work.