Used 2006 Kia Spectra Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Kia Spectra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:

Cute But
By Margie

2006 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The car handles nicely and has great acceleration. It has great leg room for passengers in the back seats as long as the front seats are not all the way back. You can pack a lot of items in the back and with the seats down it's even better.

Favorite Features

The way the car handles and the ability to pack a lot of items in a small area.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage. I get 25 mpg and 26 mpg with three quarters freeway and one quarter city and 28 mpg straight freeway. The suppose to be fuel mileage is the one reason I bought the car. I also think all the cars should come with an extra outlet for electronics.

Loving It!
By whatitis

2006 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car. Bought it used a few days ago and I am very pleased. Just had my first child and wanted something economical at a good price and good on gas. Had 21,000 miles on it when purchased. I couldn't be more satisfied with the feel of the vehicle and comfort of my little one in the back with his car seat and the 3-point buckle system that keeps him safe. Found a very good car with all the extras included (ground effects, bug shield, tinted windows, power windows/locks, etc.) Absolutely love the sporty look and for the price it beats Mazda3, Suzuki Reno, and all the other guys. Most importantly still has all factory warranties included!!

Favorite Features

-Safety (air bags - front and side, 3 point buckle system for child seat) -MPG -Sportiness -Folding/Split back seat which allows me to fit my golf clubs in the car comfortably!

Suggested Improvements

Not a big deal but on other models of Kia, read reviews that consumers were disappointed with the quality of the paint. You can kind of see this issue on my car - but nothing out of the norm with a 2 year old car. Just a minor scratch or knick here and there. Keep up the good work.

great value
By Kevin

2006 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car new and it now has 35,000 miles on it. I have not had any problems at all. When I first got the car I was getting about 32 MPG, but it has actually been getting better now around 36. Fun to drive although it is surely not a race car.

Favorite Features

Good price and quality

Suggested Improvements

Needs supercharger to get it up to civic SI horsepower

Pleasantly surprised
By ktown

2006 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car nearly 2 years ago. I traded my 2005 Amanti due to gas mileage. It was a bit of an adjustment at first but this has been a great car. I have performed all of the maintenance up to the 24,000 miles that are on it and I haven't had any trouble out of it which is a shock compared to my previous 2005 Chevy Malibu and 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix which were both in the shop all the time. I will definitely continue to buy Kia.

Favorite Features

Body kit and Reliability

Suggested Improvements

Plain interior design compared to other small cars and needs a little more power.

My Spec 5
By therepokid

2006 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Spectra. I have done a couple of performance modifications to it and it will run with just about any other import on the road. I had a bad outlook on Kia in general when I bought it but it has changed my mind. It has been the best far I have ever owned. It has almost 50,000 miles on it an has never had to go to the dealer for service. Kia is coming up in the world.

Favorite Features

I love the ride and agile handling.

Suggested Improvements

All I could ask for is maybe all-wheel drive and maybe a little more power (turbo?)