Used 2006 Kia Spectra Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Kia Spectra - Consumer Reviews

2006 Kia Spectra Wagon

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:

Never had a problem
By christinea

2006 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I loved this car. I had it for 5 years, and I never had ANY issues. I did have to take off the front spoiler because it scraped on the driveway. I never had any work done on it in 5 years (other than oil/brakes/tires). I averaged 25 mpg till the last day. I was in an accident on the highway at lower speed, and the airbag deployed right away, BUT my head never hit ANYTHING. I came out 99% okay, just some minor whiplash. I 100% recommend this car. Turns great, isn't very noisy, accelerates nicely, quality interior, efficient.

Love My Spectra 5
By david

2006 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Hello. I bought my 2006 Spectra 5 brand new. I never owned a Korean made core but I am sold on them now. As long as they are made in Korea I would buy another Kia at the drop of a hat. If its made in USA I would have to give it some serious thought about purchasing it. I still don't think I would buy one if manufactured in USA sorry to say that but I just don't think the build quality will be the same. Look at Toyota its a nightmare. As for my Kia its never been back once to the dealer for any problems what so ever. I got the sunroof and its a five speed. I paid just about 15k and it was worth every penny. Love this car to death. If you're a single person it will work well for you!

Favorite Features

Sun roof, fuel economy, very comfortable for a small car. Quiet, shifts like butter I got the 5 speed. Nimble and fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Paint quality can use some work. Chips easily but I guess that's true with any car. Absolutely no other complaints about this KIA.

My last new car before I retire.
By Huibert Venema

2006 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I was in the market for a new compact station wagon. I drove by a KIA dealer and saw a red Spectra 5 on display, it was love at first sight. Test drove and purchased it within a half hour. The sales transaction was flawless. My Spectra 5 fits my lifestyle perfectly. I enjoy camping and drive the back roads with gusto, never a squeel or out of control. 30,000 miles and 3 years later, I still hand wash it (2 bucket style) with love and care. Thank you KIA.

Favorite Features

The suspension is perfectly tuned for all road and load conditions. Interior Lack of interior road noise. Fit and Interior quiteness and finish. Fuel economy. Practical and well thought out features. Spacious interior for a compact vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Exterior temperature guage and thicker exterior paint.

My Blue Kia Spectra 5
By Peter Glenn White

2006 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Kia Spectra 5 from the dealer used with 4000 miles on it. The color is a very beautiful blue; people have asked me about it, very impressive. It is very roomy, I take my two dogs with me to a lot of different places, and they love it.

Favorite Features

It is very fun to drive, holds the curves and very maneuverable. I have had it up to 125 and still had power left. Also it is very comfortable on long trips.

Suggested Improvements

You have to change the timing belt out at 60,000 miles or it voids your warranty. They should made a timing belt that lasts for 100,000 miles. I have to say having it replaced is reasonable, around 400 dollars, as other cars cost near 1000.

Long Term Review
By Kentucky Ranger

2006 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

After driving this Car for 2.5 Years and 40k Mi I can say it was well worth the Money. Pros: Still very quiet and runs very smooth. No rattles or squeaks. Very roomy and comfortable on long trips. Flawless operation of the Drivetrain with no abnormal Fluid usage. Still very tight handling with no sign of any wear in Suspension or slop in the Steering linkage. Exhaust system still very quiet and resisting Rust. Cons: Not even close to the advertised Fuel economy. As of now 23/29 Cheap Carpet and Seat material already showing signs of wear. Windshield Weather Stripping had to be glued to keep from coming lose. Horn was not hooked up at Factory. Clock intermittently shuts off.

Favorite Features

Good looks, lots of Leg room, great features for the price.

Suggested Improvements

More attention to Q&A. Better Carpet and Seat Material. More honest posting of the actual EPA Millage.