2006 Kia Spectra Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:
Never had a problem
By christinea on 10/30/12 18:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I loved this car. I had it for 5 years, and I never had ANY issues. I did have to take off the front spoiler because it scraped on the driveway. I never had any work done on it in 5 years (other than oil/brakes/tires). I averaged 25 mpg till the last day. I was in an accident on the highway at lower speed, and the airbag deployed right away, BUT my head never hit ANYTHING. I came out 99% okay, just some minor whiplash. I 100% recommend this car. Turns great, isn't very noisy, accelerates nicely, quality interior, efficient.

Love My Spectra 5
By david on 04/04/10 04:36 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Hello. I bought my 2006 Spectra 5 brand new. I never owned a Korean made core but I am sold on them now. As long as they are made in Korea I would buy another Kia at the drop of a hat. If its made in USA I would have to give it some serious thought about purchasing it. I still don't think I would buy one if manufactured in USA sorry to say that but I just don't think the build quality will be the same. Look at Toyota its a nightmare. As for my Kia its never been back once to the dealer for any problems what so ever. I got the sunroof and its a five speed. I paid just about 15k and it was worth every penny. Love this car to death. If you're a single person it will work well for you!

My last new car before I retire.
By Huibert Venema on 08/20/09 10:22 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I was in the market for a new compact station wagon. I drove by a KIA dealer and saw a red Spectra 5 on display, it was love at first sight. Test drove and purchased it within a half hour. The sales transaction was flawless. My Spectra 5 fits my lifestyle perfectly. I enjoy camping and drive the back roads with gusto, never a squeel or out of control. 30,000 miles and 3 years later, I still hand wash it (2 bucket style) with love and care. Thank you KIA.

My Blue Kia Spectra 5
By Peter Glenn White on 02/19/09 18:04 PM (PST)

2006 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Kia Spectra 5 from the dealer used with 4000 miles on it. The color is a very beautiful blue; people have asked me about it, very impressive. It is very roomy, I take my two dogs with me to a lot of different places, and they love it.

Long Term Review
By Kentucky Ranger on 09/30/08 18:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

After driving this Car for 2.5 Years and 40k Mi I can say it was well worth the Money. Pros: Still very quiet and runs very smooth. No rattles or squeaks. Very roomy and comfortable on long trips. Flawless operation of the Drivetrain with no abnormal Fluid usage. Still very tight handling with no sign of any wear in Suspension or slop in the Steering linkage. Exhaust system still very quiet and resisting Rust. Cons: Not even close to the advertised Fuel economy. As of now 23/29 Cheap Carpet and Seat material already showing signs of wear. Windshield Weather Stripping had to be glued to keep from coming lose. Horn was not hooked up at Factory. Clock intermittently shuts off.

Cute But
By Margie on 08/20/08 08:32 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The car handles nicely and has great acceleration. It has great leg room for passengers in the back seats as long as the front seats are not all the way back. You can pack a lot of items in the back and with the seats down it's even better.

Loving It!
By whatitis on 08/05/08 14:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car. Bought it used a few days ago and I am very pleased. Just had my first child and wanted something economical at a good price and good on gas. Had 21,000 miles on it when purchased. I couldn't be more satisfied with the feel of the vehicle and comfort of my little one in the back with his car seat and the 3-point buckle system that keeps him safe. Found a very good car with all the extras included (ground effects, bug shield, tinted windows, power windows/locks, etc.) Absolutely love the sporty look and for the price it beats Mazda3, Suzuki Reno, and all the other guys. Most importantly still has all factory warranties included!!

great value
By Kevin on 06/10/08 18:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car new and it now has 35,000 miles on it. I have not had any problems at all. When I first got the car I was getting about 32 MPG, but it has actually been getting better now around 36. Fun to drive although it is surely not a race car.

Pleasantly surprised
By ktown on 05/17/08 18:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car nearly 2 years ago. I traded my 2005 Amanti due to gas mileage. It was a bit of an adjustment at first but this has been a great car. I have performed all of the maintenance up to the 24,000 miles that are on it and I haven't had any trouble out of it which is a shock compared to my previous 2005 Chevy Malibu and 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix which were both in the shop all the time. I will definitely continue to buy Kia.

My Spec 5
By therepokid on 05/15/08 10:13 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Spectra. I have done a couple of performance modifications to it and it will run with just about any other import on the road. I had a bad outlook on Kia in general when I bought it but it has changed my mind. It has been the best far I have ever owned. It has almost 50,000 miles on it an has never had to go to the dealer for service. Kia is coming up in the world.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.