2006 Kia Spectra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:
And we just keep rollin...
By jenners1 on 11/16/14 08:11 AM (PST)

2006 Kia Spectra EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2006 kia spectra brand new with 53 miles on it. I change the oil every 4000 miles, change the transmission fluid every 80,000 miles. I didn't have to put new brakes on until 120,000 miles. At 150,000 miles I had her tuned up. I decided at 185,00 miles I should put new belts on it. The check engine light came on at around 85000 miles still under warranty took in for new O2 sensor. The check engine light came back on just after 100,000 miles and its been on ever since, sooner or later its gotta burn out right? still waiting for that but she runs like the day I bought it. We are currently at 265000 miles and still rolling

7 years & 90k miles- still feels like new!
By pakialover on 04/02/13 10:56 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Spectra SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I drive about 12k miles/year with a good mix of city and highway. I have had no maintenance issues with this car whatsoever. I just do the regularly scheduled preventative maintenance and that's it. I sometimes forget I bought this car way back in 2006. It still feels brand-new after all this time. American car companies could learn a thing or two about quality from Kia. I will be a Kia customer for life, for sure.

Never had a problem
By christinea on 10/30/12 18:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Spectra Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I loved this car. I had it for 5 years, and I never had ANY issues. I did have to take off the front spoiler because it scraped on the driveway. I never had any work done on it in 5 years (other than oil/brakes/tires). I averaged 25 mpg till the last day. I was in an accident on the highway at lower speed, and the airbag deployed right away, BUT my head never hit ANYTHING. I came out 99% okay, just some minor whiplash. I 100% recommend this car. Turns great, isn't very noisy, accelerates nicely, quality interior, efficient.

Still love the car, not a fan of customer service
By weezul on 11/01/11 14:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Spectra EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Reviewed the vehicle 3 1/2 years after buying, has now been 5 1/2 years. 2 issues since the last review for the vehicle. Started to experience a stiff pinging noise in the front driver side sometime last summer when the vehicle was cold and taking hard left turns slowly. Contributed it to a failing shock, my service manager misdiagnosed twice as brake pad backing plate that needed adjusting. They finally tightened down the shock's cap nut, which stopped the noise. The other issue started two months ago, my passenger mirror and driver side door handle are both peeling the clear coat. Falls out of the 3yr/36 month warranty, but I wrote to express my concerns to corporate, with no results.

My best car yet.
By williametc on 12/07/10 17:00 PM (PST)

2006 Kia Spectra SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car certified pre owned in august of 2009 and I loved everything about it. I bought it to replace my 99' GMC jimmy which honestly, I drove to hell and back. The spectra went right along with me as well; it was reliable, comfortable, and quick. Albeit, I only owned this car for a little over a year not once did anything go wrong with it. I am a 20 something guy, you can imagine how I drove this car and it held up every mile. It held all of my friend comfortably and the sound system was plenty loud enough for even myself. When someone eventually plowed right into me I came out only jostled and a few bruises, the car held up a lot better than you would think a KIA would.

Great car
By Coty2000 on 08/14/10 09:39 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Spectra EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Travel 50 miles each way with this roller skate. Absolutely reliable! Not a thing wrong in 3 years and 72,000. Change the oil 3500 and put gas in it and away you go. Have a 2994 sorento as well. Another great car. 82k and not a thing wrong, ever. Also have a 2006 Audi a4. Forgetaboutit! Never again!

Great little ride
By 2006 kia great car on 06/04/10 20:09 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Spectra EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Drove from NY to AZ in 2 days average speed of 80. took it up to 105 a few times with confidence. Great car for the money. Good gas mileage. $20 bucks get u at least a half tank! 400 miles to a tank.

wont get burned again
By cobbra2000 on 04/22/10 21:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Spectra EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my spectra used with about 20,000 miles on it, so this reduced my warranty to 60,000. as soon as I hit about 70,000 it started to happen. My airbag light came on, check engine light, catalytic converter went out, and that is 800 dollars before installation, knocking on the front end, the motor has a bad knock, alternator, and a rear brake light that goes out once a week, and the cam shaft sensor, and crank sensor. This was the worst mistake of my life. First I would say do not buy a kia, and if you do, get rid of it before the warranty runs out. They sell it to you cheap and then stick it to you when it breaks down, what ever you get fixed will cost about a quarter of the car cost.

100+K miles later still love this car!
By trina1987 on 04/20/10 03:24 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Spectra EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Kia brand new with only 51 miles on it. I've had no major mechanical problems whatsoever with it. Just keep up with routine maintenance :) I do drive way more than the average person (mostly from road trips of 300+ miles round trip), thus my poor baby has 114,400 miles (and counting) - and yet no break downs to date. Several of my friends have driven my car from time to time, and always ask to buy it from me should I ever sell it. But unfortunately for them, I plan to keep this car for good. I only paid about 16K and it was worth every penny! I recommend any Kia, but especially the 2006 Spectra <3

Radiator
By S.Ryt on 04/15/10 05:13 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Spectra EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I truly love my Kia but I had a Radiator that went bad at 56,000 miles, lucky this was still under the Warranty. Since I put the car I kept on hearing water moving couldn't understand this. Ever since they replaced the radiator the noise went away. So the problem must have been there since I bought the Car new.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.