100,000 miles
By not_a_yob on
2005 Kia Spectra EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
I've read through plenty of reviews, and the one thing I am noticing is that people are putting automatics in with the manual transmission, don't be daft please. The 2.0 DOHC 5spd standard transmission is great. I have over 100,000 miles on my car as it sits now still with the original clutch, and trust me when I say I haven't been overly kind to my car. I have beat on it, driven long distances and over all drvien this car as if it were a rally car or enduro car, including some slight off roading and it still starts up with out arguement and gets up and goes like a propper little sprinter. I unexpectedly fell in love with the little bugger, and I expect the romance to continue on for awhile.
Favorite Features
Excellent little motor, its peppy, it sprints off unexpectedly fast and handles well at high speeds. The transmission/clutch/drivetrain is also pretty rugged and has held up to teaching 3 different people how to drive a standard transmission, and more so, has held up against my rude treatment of it. I am somewhat surprised at the amount of room in it aswell, I am 6'4" and there is ample room for my long legs, I feel relaxed and comfterble driving.
Suggested Improvements
I don't like the rear brakes, thats about it really. They are rubbish, why give me a handbrake if it doesn't actually lock up the rear tires? The pads in the back also wear out a bit too quickly...