2005 Kia Spectra Spectra5 Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Kia Spectra - Consumer Reviews

2005 Spectra Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:

Sort Reviews by

Great Car
By Southernmsboy

2005 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The Spectra 5 is a great car. It offers class leading interior room and great build quality. Every one of my friends who drive the car are surprised to find out it was a KIA. I traded my '03 Optima on this car. KIA has come along way. It deserves a look.

Favorite Features

The hatchback comes in handy.

Suggested Improvements

The radio system could use some improvement.

My Car Is My Office
By Mike

2005 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I spend any where from 10 to 17 hours a day in my vehicle due to my job. Fun to drive car with the sports car feel without the sports car cost. Roomy for passengers or cargo.

Favorite Features

1. Ease of reaching all controls 2. Low Cost to maintain .

Suggested Improvements

1. Turbo Charge or Super Charger option 2. 18" Wheels 3. Telescopic Wheel 4. More after market parts.

Awesome car
By redban

2005 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had a Honda Civic for 10 years. And this was the only car that could replace it, since Honda has gone down the hill and they don't have any good cars anymore.

Favorite Features

Great looks. Fun handling. And very quiet inside the car. Better then a BMW.

Suggested Improvements

Need to fix the check engine light coming on when you don't get the gas cap on right. And let you can reset the check engine light yourself. Or just reset the light by turning the car off.

Fun to zip around!
By Elaine

2005 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Have not had any trouble getting up hills, keeping up with traffic. Love the ease of parking. The CD player is great. When I turn the heat or air conditioner on there is no long wait to feel comfortable. Most of all, the mileage is excellent.

Favorite Features

I love all the cubbyhole spaces and extra cup holders. Helps a lot with kids.

Suggested Improvements

Have a clicker for the trunk to open instead of key only.

2005 Kia Spectra5
By Josh

2005 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Thoroughly impressed with the build of this vehicle. Very fun to drive. After researching all of the cars in the class, the Spectra5 definately has the most for your money. Stereo is mediocre, and the engine could benefit from a bump in horsepower, but everything else is great.

Favorite Features

Great design 16 inch Alloy wheels

Suggested Improvements

More Horsepower Better Sound System.

Spectra is build for life
By Joe Gagner

2005 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought a Spectra 5 Hatchback. This car is sweet. This car is fast looks good and has a standard spoiler how cool is that. Toyota and Honda charge 500 for all standard. Safety must be first when it comes to this car 6 Airbags plus an automatic airbag that shuts off when someone under 75 or no one is sitting in the passenger seat. Great suspension

Favorite Features

Airbags, Moonroof, Alloy wheels, standard spoilers ground effects and side skirts.

Suggested Improvements

Wish the alloys where 17-inch or 18- inch or have the option available.

2005 Kia Spectra5 5 speed FABULOUS!
By Joe's

2005 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I drove the new 2005 Kia Spectra5, 5speed, Red with a limited graphics package! Smooth shifting, good on gas, lots of leg room (I'm 6'3"), and a great combination car for city and hwy. travel. I drove the Mazda3, Scion XA LTD, Scion XB, Elantra, and looked at a Civic. My office is 150 miles from my home, so my wife and I needed a good car for my travel and something sporty and fun. Turns heads with the graphics package, alloy wheels, and neat design. We traded our 2000 Dodge Interpid (great car, but our needs changed), I'm switching off this car with our 93' Protege w/150k miles on it to prolong the life of both. We also own a 2004 Kia Sedona Minivan.

Favorite Features

Sporty design, alloy wheels, sport seats, 5 speed, lots of leg room (I'm 6'3"). Fun for my wife and I to go around town, lots of looks with it's ltd. graphics package. Great in traffic, highway noise is a little loud, but otherwise a fantastic car with great features, warranty.

Suggested Improvements

Lots of great standard features, but would be great if speed control was standard. Work on the RPM noise at higher speeds. I travel quite a bit to my office 150 miles away from my home, great on hwy. but engine could be quieter. Nothing I wouldn't buy the car over, but my suggestion

Love it but needs better MPG
By JasonPate

2005 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Car looks great, inside and out. Seats might be a little tight if your on the fat side like me 260ish. But it handdles great, its fun to drive. But so far I am only getting about 20 miles per gallon, I can only hope that impoves, a Hybrid version is my dream version of a car.

Favorite Features

Power Windows, Power Door locks rearview mirrors have built in defrosters, power moon roof.

Suggested Improvements

Hybrid.Better gas mileage please at over $2 per gallon we need it.