Used 2005 Kia Spectra Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Kia Spectra - Consumer Reviews

2005 Kia Spectra Sedan

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:

Kia lover
By Tony

2005 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Fun to drive, great gas mileage getting 38 on the highway. lowered my insurance by almost half. good car for first time buyer.

Favorite Features

Safety features, spoiler.

Suggested Improvements

Radio controls on steering wheel, upgraded stereo with multi-disc player.

I love my Kia!
By misgapeach

2005 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a Kia Spectra in July and have driven it for almost 2 months. It handles well on the road and the fuel economy is great! I am a tall person, and the Kia has plenty of head and leg room. I like the rear spoiler and the tail lights. I didn't get a sunroof, but I wish I had. This little car is perfect for commuters and anyone trying to save money on fuel without compromising on style. I also like the fact that it has several airbags, since I have 3 children who ride with me. I recommend giving the Kia Spectra a test drive. The rebates were a nice incentive also!

Favorite Features

The rear spoiler, the tail lights, and the stereo.

Suggested Improvements

I suggest a sunroof on every EX model.

Lovin' It
By Misser

2005 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought a Spectra EX, with the moonroof, rear spoiler, and alloy wheels and I'm lovin' it. My husband is 6'5" and we were replacing my Chevy Lumina and looking for something I liked but he could fit into. All other cars this size (Ford Focus, Hyundai Elantra, Toyota Camry) all very uncomfortable for him. We went to look at a Sportage and while at the dealership I saw the Spectra, love at first sight, he got in and had LOTS of room. Took it for a test drive, loved the pick up it has for a 4 cylinder. Interior very comfortable, TONS of space, large trunk. The car is an optical illusion, so much interior space in a smaller car. Love the warranties, can't beat them.

Favorite Features

With winter arrives in Ohio, I am sure I will love the heated outside mirrors. The overall look with the the spoilers & fog lights. Keyless entry, doors will lock after 30 seconds if you don't open a door after unlocking. Lights will turn off after you turn car off, for those of us who use auto lights.

Suggested Improvements

I would love for them offer radio controls on the steering wheel, and a better concept radio/cd player. Some new cars show artist/song title which is nice. Offer satellite radio. All very minor but nice touches.

My Kia
By Ms. Amy

2005 Kia Spectra Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I did not think this car would fit my needs but me and my son are having fun with it and it is very good on GAS. As we all know how expensive it is to fill up a tank now. This car is excellent for a college student, it's roomy and has a nice size trunk. I am very happy with my Kia.

Favorite Features

The mileage for gas is great and the pick up is awesome. The drivers seat is nice and roomy, very comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

All Spectra models should come with cruise control; that is the only dislike that I have. It is not an expensive car so they should come with some extra perks.

My Kia
By kwinn

2005 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought mine on July 5th. Overall I am happy with the car. However I must say it lacks thigh support. After an hour on the highway my legs were begging for a break. The fuel economy is not that good either. I am averaging 26 on the highway on my automatic. Since I don't drive in the city that much I don't know what that's like. Its got a decent stereo and enough room in the back. Trunk is spacious and a great value over all. But if you have long legs buy something else. Cabin is very quiet on the highway, however tire noise is very prominent. It has ample power for a 4 cylinder. A/C is overworked and takes a long time to cool down on an 85 degree day.

Favorite Features

Remote trunk.

Suggested Improvements

Driver's seat needs thigh support and fuel economy needs major improvement.