Used 2005 Kia Spectra Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Kia Spectra - Consumer Reviews

2005 Kia Spectra Wagon

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:

Too new to really tell
By Renee McClain

2005 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought my Kia Spectra 5 and it's too new to really tell if I'm going to have any problems, but I do love the feel of the car, the style, the interior leg room and comfort. My only negative comment is the high whining at higher rpms. Once the car gets up there she really goes, but getting her there takes longer than I'm used to. From what I can tell, thus far I love it. Its got a great warranty which tells me that Kia is confident in their car, you don't see that often!

Favorite Features

The exterior is so sporty and cute, great trunk space and easy to read dash.

Suggested Improvements

Insulate the door better, I feel a draft at the opening to the door and work on that whining at higher speeds.

Great Value!
By mike

2005 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Got rid of my FORD Lemon and looked around. Was turned off by rude salesmen at Honda and went to Kia. Took the car for a test drive, loved it and bought it. Got a great deal. It gets better every week. Rides great and the gas mileage is above average. I recommend it highly (my kids think it's cool!).

Favorite Features

Hatchback design and all the air bags.

Suggested Improvements

Give it a real horn, it's WIMPY!

My Spectra Wagon
By John Parish

2005 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Spectra wagon because they were having a sales drive here in Dallas. The car was far more than I expected. The fit and finish were flawless and the attention to detail in assembly were very good (none of the electrical was taped, but encased in tubing). I drive 80 miles to and from work 6 days a week and the car is fun and comfortable to drive. The ergonomics are good (I weigh 240# and am 5' 8" tall and the car fits me just fine). All and all, I am very pleased with my purchase!

Favorite Features

16" Tires, CD / radio and sound system, easy access for my mother who is crippled with arthritis. The room when rear seats are folded down.

Suggested Improvements

More colors available, more ABS availability, more options, (hid lights, leather interior.

my Kia
By ilovemykia

2005 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I LOVE my Kia Spectra 5. It has cut my fuel consumption and costs in half; it has more room inside than one would think it has; it operates well; and SO many people have stopped me to ask about it! I LOVE MY KIA.

Favorite Features

GREAT ON GAS!

Suggested Improvements

Thermometer on rear view mirror.

Lovin my Spectra 5
By Robin G

2005 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I looked for about 3 months, mainly at Corolla's, Civics, and Mazda's. The minute I got in my Spectra, I knew that was the car for me. This car is sporty, corners well, looks great, gets great mileage, and the standard features are incredible. The interior design was the nicest I saw during my car searching, and since I have children, I was thrilled with the 6 air bags. I have received so many compliments on the look of my car. What more could you ask for?

Favorite Features

It's hard to choose because I love everything. I guess I would say the airbags, and I love my sun roof. Also interior design, and roominess. And gas mileage!

Suggested Improvements

I can't think of anything I would improve.