2005 Kia Spectra Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:
Great little car!
By Sandra W on 07/28/05 17:00 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my Spectra 5 for one month and continue to be impressed with it. I have had not one issue thus far. Whether in the city, on the highway or even on a gravel road, the car is comfortable & much fun to drive. It handles extremely well, the sport suspension is great. So much bang for the buck, it's surprising that there aren't more of them on the road.

Kia Pet
By srm858 on 07/26/05 16:58 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have not driven the car for too many miles yet, but it does handle well, great A/C, excellent mileage, very roomy interior. I bought it for a winter car while my Mazda RX8 sits in the garage. It's no RX8, but it will hold my bike and go through the snow, which were my primary requirements. The price was very reasonable at $12,500 and I like the look. Just hope it holds up as well as our old '92 Saturn which still looked and ran great after 12 years and 175,000 miles.

My Kia
By Jeromy on 07/18/05 13:54 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought mine May 7 and have put over 7k miles on it, I love the way it handles and drives, and that there is enough storage to put whatever I need in the back. My only problem and concern is that my front spoiler fell off during my test drive and I am still waiting on the dealership to figure out how to reinstall it and keep it on the car. My dealers service is really bad and I will not go to them even for the smallest things, like an oil change. Overall on the car, as my girlfriend would say..... IT ROCKS!!!

My Spectra 5
By Julia on 07/09/05 13:13 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought this car in April. I love it! Its fun to drive. Good brakes, speeds up quick. Great stereo system and factory speakers. Great car for your first time driving teen too. Very reliable and sporty looking too!

One sweet import.
By Devin on 07/07/05 02:40 AM (PDT)

2005 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After looking at Civic, Corolla, Cobalt, Mazda 3, and Spectra5, it was a pretty easy choice. Cheaper, more features, better warranty, and a hot looking car to boot. And it's always nice to be able to pull up along side some little punk in a Corolla or Civic, and blow him away off the line. They don't seem to appreciate it as much as I do though....

I love it.
By Nicodemus on 06/26/05 15:53 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I bought our Spectra5 after falling in love with it at the dealership. It has not failed to meet our expectations. It is reliable, runs like a dream, has great power for its class, enough room for 4 comfortable adults, handles well in corners at speed and performs well in city traffic. Cornering is helped and body roll minimized by the stock (yes, stock) strut tower brace, and the sport-tuned suspension performs as advertised. There is plenty of cargo space, especially with the rear seats folded flat and the rear deck removed. The engine sounds nice and the car is reasonably quiet. I have nothing bad to say about this car at all.

500 Mile Review
By First Time KIA Buyer on 06/24/05 17:15 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I drove a regular Spectra and wasn't impressed. The Spectra 5 has a sportier suspension, and the ground effects and trim rival the Toyota Matrix and Pontiac Vibe (For >$3000 Less). First mileage check at 500 miles is 28MPG hard highway driving. Stereo is mediocre, and more suseptible to power line interference on AM than others. It's easy to make the speakers buzz, as they haven't been matched with the stereo. Low-end torque is small, and it takes a while to get going, but once you do car has plenty of pick up. Brakes are quick, transmission is smooth, although it's too easy to shift from Park to 3rd, going past Drive. Wipers are smooth, both front and rear have intermittent.

Spec5 is 5 speed FUN!
By KiaSpec5 on 05/30/05 20:19 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I traded a 8 month old Suzuki Forenza for my Spec5 and couldn't have made a better decision. Having driven both manuals and automatics of many competitors I found the most fun in the 5 speed Spec5. If you're not having fun you're wasting the gas!

Great Car
By cpaguilar on 05/23/05 20:08 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great car at a great price.

KIA SPECTRA 5
By SPOILED007 on 05/19/05 19:48 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I LOVE MY NEW 2005 KIA SPECTRA 5 (5 SPEED 2.0). I bought it with every option you could have and its a head turner. People stop me everywhere and question me about my car and where I bought it from.....