2005 Kia Spectra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:
Nguyenny
By nguyen on 06/29/05 14:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car to replace my 2002 Kia Spectra hatchback, plus I needed something a little newer. I travel alot and use of my car on the road is a must for everday usage. It ride an d handle very good, excellent fuel mileage, getting somewhere around 26 in the city and 35 on the highway. I have this car for almost one year and already have close to 24,000 miles on it already. Check engine light came on one time, took to dealer and they replace the sensor for me, but I did not break down anywhere. Check engine light will come on if you try to top this car off, I did this twice already. I have no bab say about it, I go to D.C. and Baltimore area almost every other week with no problem.

GREAT VALUE
By jack germain on 06/20/05 20:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Spectra Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The cost $9450. almost $2700 below invoice. Took a test drive and immediately bought it. People are saying it gets bad gas mileage. I put mobil 1 oil in it after having driven 600 miles. I get 40 mpg on the road and 32 mpg overall town. I happy with it except the high speed of the engine during shift changes.

Getting my second one...
By Amir on 06/01/05 20:34 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is my second car, after our first success with a Kia we bought from Canada, this is my second choice, getting another one the same make. it went over 1100miles one shot without a hiccup...topping 425miles per tank, during trips I only stop for gas if the trip is really long. pretty roomy and big on the inside, the biggest of it's class insidewise. As for performance, well don't expect to get much out of a 2 liter engine, 80-90mph isn't hard, and it won't say NO WAY, but I've seen cars do better at these speeds, it rides smoothly and brakes well, with 4 disc brakes ABS, and a cruise to forget about the pedals for a while. Heated mirrors are useful comparing ot a dodge neon. alloy wheels.

satisfied customer
By terry on 05/22/05 12:11 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Spectra Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

this is a very well designed auto . great pick up . the inside is as nice as the outside in design and comfort . the exterior even looks like a luxury car.

super little car
By mike on 05/15/05 13:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Kia has a winner on there hands.Test rode other cars in this class, all seemed sluggish or to cramped.After 5 minutes of test driving this all new Spectra i was sold.Very nice interior and good looks on the outside.Our ex came with moonroor,alloys,embroidered floor mats and a simple spoiler all under 17k.Go read the reviews on other cars websites,rave reviews!!!!!

Excellent
By Anita on 05/13/05 08:06 AM (PDT)

2005 Kia Spectra Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It's a great car and has a lot of pep for a mid size car. Love the color ice blue. Looks grey sometimes and blue sometimes. Gets really good gas mileage and the very first new car I've ever had.

nice car
By joe from rio rancho on 05/08/05 11:27 AM (PDT)

2005 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

nice car. I got the EX model. I think its fun to drive.Braking is really good,very peppy off the line.sound system is good 6 speakers.great for the money.

WHAT A GREAT CAR - KIA
By JACK FROM WA on 05/01/05 01:10 AM (PDT)

2005 Kia Spectra Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is great for the money. Paid $9450 for it brand new. Comfortable, fun to drive, good on gas, turns the heads from the "Honda Punks". People can't believe that it's a Kia. The quality and performance is what you would expect from a toyota/honda. A great Bang for the Buck.

My Kia Spectra
By Larry on 04/15/05 09:23 AM (PDT)

2005 Kia Spectra Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Even though I have only had the car for a few weeks, I found it to be a very fun car to drive. The fit and finish on this vehicle is better than I thought it would be. The seats are very comfortable compared to our Kia Optima. At 6'3 I find that there is plenty of head and leg room in this car.

great car
By nathan gerlt on 03/20/05 11:35 AM (PST)

2005 Kia Spectra Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great family car it has a sporty look and the speed , yet it has all the protection you would need for your family. I love the way this drives and handles!!!!