Used 2005 Kia Spectra Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Kia Spectra - Consumer Reviews

2005 Kia Spectra Wagon

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:

A lot of fun for the value
By Iceman

2005 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Spectra5 for 8 months now and have found it to be a "steal". It is fun to drive and has a lot of value. I did research similar vehicles when I purchased it, but for the warranty and price, I could not turn it down. It has a lot of "Pep" and as pretty quiet at highway speeds.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive, roominess, warranty, safety features.

Suggested Improvements

Make cruise control standard equipment.

Kia Spectra Spectra5
By john waugh

2005 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am happy I chose to buy my new Spectra5; first Kia l have owned. I have been driving for 53 years so I consider myself as a fair judge of cars. I have had my Kia for a year now and enjoy it. I am in my senior years and this car, with its sporty appearance etc., makes me feel young ... well younger!

Favorite Features

Looks and comfort. Excellent mpg.

Suggested Improvements

Trunk access could improve.

A dream ....
By bfrazer05

2005 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this to save a little money on gas and for the warranty as I put 20k on a car a year. I love it; most surprised by Kia's awesome features, especially for the low low price. I'm sure I will be purchasing another Kia product in the future.

Favorite Features

Sleek style and performance.

Suggested Improvements

Perhaps changing the airbag indicator to inside/outside temp gauge. Disc changer would be a nice option, and can you get a sun/moon roof ?

An Excellent Value!
By OmahaOwner

2005 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

If buying a car is about value, then this car will satisfy. Good handling, extremely quiet interior, great looks and good gas mileage. Not a lot of power but more than adequate for highway cruising and plenty of torque for around-town driving. I've put 15,000 miles on it and still appreciate the excellent value I received for the cost of ownership!

Favorite Features

Outstanding handling and very quiet interior! Large radio display reduces time spent staring at radio/cd player.

Suggested Improvements

Rear hatch sometimes requires too much effort to latch.

New blue ride
By 004TJK

2005 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Trust Edmunds, I did. Good things from Kia do come in blue packages. Engine is smooth and pulls well in normal driving. Seats are very comfortable, finding a comfortable driving position was a snap. All of the controls are within easy reach and the buttons are intuitive. Handling is very good; it handles bumps and ruts in the road nicely. It's a great commuter. The radio/cd is not as bad as the reviews seem. Just don't try to thump the base too loud. Getting 30-32 mpg. I'm having a blast driving the car and my son's friends think it's "cool" to boot. Not bad for less than $15k!

Favorite Features

Great handling, smooth engine, comfortable seats.

Suggested Improvements

Shifter is notchy. Make ABS and cruise standard. Add aux input to radio for MP3 player.