2005 Kia Spectra Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:
Great New Car!
By Pink Panda on 09/20/05 13:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My husband and I just bought our new Kia Spectra 5 and love it. We didn't really want a Kia, but when we test drove the Spectra 5, we changed out minds. I love the look of it and the extras we got like sunroof and cruise control. It drives really well - smooth and quiet. And best of all, it's fun to drive! And let's not forget the warranty we have on it, we don't have to worry about costly repairs. We also purchased the gap insurance which is great in case the car gets totaled. Whatever the insurance won't pay, the gap insurance will cover the rest. Great piece of mind!

Fun car to drive
By Greg on 09/03/05 12:04 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Very fun car to drive. Am getting about 28 mpg city/hwy. Will improve as engine gets broken in. Seats four very comfortably & has lots of storage. Need to offer a upgraded sound system as an option. Standard stereo is nice but would like a little more power.

My Third Love
By YoDa6669 on 09/01/05 15:10 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I call it my third love after my wife #1 and son #2. I bought a black Spectra 5 back on January and compared to my old Hyundai Accent '96 I traded-in, is like floating on a cloud. I love this car! It has more standard featured that the Focus, the Mazda3 or the Matrix (I compared all 3 by total price with the extra goodies). It's fast, roomy, and best of all, stylish. As soon as I get out, people compliment my car. That makes me real proud! It still works perfectly, no breakdowns, good on fuel economy, the a/c cools like a freezer. It's a shame that I don't see more of them on the road but that's good too in a way.

The Blue Streak
By WickedMobile on 08/28/05 14:03 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I love my "5". I bought this vehicle based on MPG, price, storage capacity, safety, and comfort for the two of us. It's very devious in how small it looks outside, but how big on room it is inside. My fiancé is 6'3", 300lbs and isn't cramped. Knee room good. Passengers in the back have great room too. There are a lot of places to put stuff. Strong A/C. Handling is great for this compact car (dry). I went from a V6 to this 4 cylinder, and the only difference I see is that one needs a lot more oomph to accelerate rather quickly (It does use more gas in hillier areas.) Use the cruise! It took me a week to get used to no ABS. Sound system plays better with CDs than on AM/FM.

New Spectra
By usaf207cwf on 08/28/05 01:06 AM (PDT)

2005 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The car is great. The performance is superb for a 4 cylinder. Quick off the line and if you learn quickly how to get it into its best power range of 4000-4500 RPM and keep it there, acceleration at 50+ is spirited and quick. Comfort is good, the seats fit you and keep you in place. Fuel economy is what you would expect, again, from a 4 cylinder. The car is extremely fun to drive. The stiff setup really lets you feel the car through the turns. The car is very responsive to steering input, and therefore drives where you want it to go instead of going where it wants, while you try to correct. The interior design, exterior design, build quality, and reliability are first rate.

Satisfaction at its best
By Eric on 08/21/05 08:18 AM (PDT)

2005 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I am a proud owner of Kia Spectra5. We were sold on its great looks. The dealer was the selling point too, he gave me the keys and said he'll see us in a few minutes. We drove it and fell even further in love.

Good deal, great car, terrible mileage
By skk5635 on 08/11/05 01:23 AM (PDT)

2005 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Mileage on highway on my last trip was 24 mpg! OUCH. Everything else about the care I love.

Whoa ...
By adventuresome63 on 08/06/05 21:56 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

What were they doing when they figured this thing with auto-tranny gets 34 mpg, towing it?? 28 mpg on the highway. Disappointed with that. Otherwise it appears to be a solid car. No problem so far. Lots of stuff for $16k.

KIA Spec V
By KIA Spectra 5 on 08/01/05 16:46 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

First, this car has been great to drive. I've had one big issue with the car and its due to the ground effects on the vehicle. The ground effects are too low for my area in Wyoming. I only have 1200 miles and I'm going to have to replace the ground effects. I've contacted KIA and the regional manager won't replace the part which is going to cost 365. I think they should reconsider this because the car hasn't been driven abusively or in any manner of the performance range of this type of vehicle. I've owned many cars and truly take car of them explicitly. This is the first KIA I've owned and I hate that a cosmetic part of the car is taking away from the experience of owning this KIA.

a decent car for a decent price
By b wirsing on 07/30/05 01:12 AM (PDT)

2005 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle drives better than a Corolla, Honda, and any other import car. It is as spacious as a van or SUV yet gets killer gas mileage and fits in those hard to get places. I am 6 foot and 230 pounds and took this thing camping; folded the seats back and was able to sleep comfortably in the back. I couldn't believe it. I also got 160 miles on an 1/8 of a tank.