2005 Kia Spectra Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:
Great Value!
By mike on 12/12/05 20:32 PM (PST)

2005 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Got rid of my FORD Lemon and looked around. Was turned off by rude salesmen at Honda and went to Kia. Took the car for a test drive, loved it and bought it. Got a great deal. It gets better every week. Rides great and the gas mileage is above average. I recommend it highly (my kids think it's cool!).

My Spectra Wagon
By John Parish on 11/29/05 10:14 AM (PST)

2005 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Spectra wagon because they were having a sales drive here in Dallas. The car was far more than I expected. The fit and finish were flawless and the attention to detail in assembly were very good (none of the electrical was taped, but encased in tubing). I drive 80 miles to and from work 6 days a week and the car is fun and comfortable to drive. The ergonomics are good (I weigh 240# and am 5' 8" tall and the car fits me just fine). All and all, I am very pleased with my purchase!

my Kia
By ilovemykia on 11/14/05 21:17 PM (PST)

2005 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I LOVE my Kia Spectra 5. It has cut my fuel consumption and costs in half; it has more room inside than one would think it has; it operates well; and SO many people have stopped me to ask about it! I LOVE MY KIA.

Lovin my Spectra 5
By Robin G on 11/05/05 21:08 PM (PST)

2005 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I looked for about 3 months, mainly at Corolla's, Civics, and Mazda's. The minute I got in my Spectra, I knew that was the car for me. This car is sporty, corners well, looks great, gets great mileage, and the standard features are incredible. The interior design was the nicest I saw during my car searching, and since I have children, I was thrilled with the 6 air bags. I have received so many compliments on the look of my car. What more could you ask for?

super ride and economy
By Art Katser on 10/21/05 00:36 AM (PDT)

2005 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

As the price of fuel goes up, my attitude toward this car goes up appropriately. It's fun to drive and my Spectra5 looks as great as it rides.

a lot of car for the price
By masterpaula on 10/20/05 13:12 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Have had the Spectra5 for little over a month. My wife and I are very impressed with the quality of the car. Fit and finish are excellent, the level of standard equipment found in the KIA is higher than its competitors and the price is lower. If you're looking for a small car with a lot room, great looks, a high level of standard equipment, an excellent ride and a decent price take a serious look at the Spectra5 and forget any preconceived ideas you might have had about KIA, it really is a great car.

Really awesome ride
By Ricardo's Ride on 10/18/05 02:12 AM (PDT)

2005 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I really did not trust Kia.. but let me tell you. They did a fantastic job with the Spectra5. It looks GREAT outside and the engine is totally reliable. I have not had any problem at all with the car and the way that it has been engineered ... great for college students or parents. This car is fast, secure (6 air bags, rear, front and side air bags), spacious, reliable, good looking and affordable. Totally recommended.

Fun to drive
By Jimmy on 10/16/05 23:41 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I traded my 2004.5 Spectra EX which I had 42000 miles on it, for Spectra5. It is really fun to drive. Perfect handling very nice, Interior design very stylish, CD player improved from earlier versions, lots of room for its size, Ground effects superb, keyless entry fog lights -- I mean you get everything you may get from a $26,000 car but $10K cheaper. And I have seen comparison chart. This car beats Mazda 3 and Chevy Cobalt But slower than Focus ZX4 ST and Corolla XRS but it is cheaper and has a better warranty. I say thumbs up.

KIA SPECTRA5 FIRST 700Mi
By SPECTRA5 on 09/28/05 23:53 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have a new Spectra5 2005 and I have had so many problems with this car. My first visit to the mechanic was for vibration/shaking in the steering wheel and vibration throughout the vehicle and a blown speaker. Second visit to the shop consisted of the front ground effects falling off due to faulty install and I still have not resolved the bad vibration in the vehicle. My third visit was a result of the vehicle's rear ground effects falling off, and another blown speaker and the bad vibration still not resolved; mechanics have no idea. Well I have not been back for the 4th time because now I am going into arbitration with this vehicle due to the rear ground effects falling off again.

Gotta Love It
By crowbar on 09/22/05 01:48 AM (PDT)

2005 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Right out of the gate, this car has curb appeal in spades. The sporty looks are fitting after experiencing the way this car handles, and it is indeed a fun ride. The additional features that come standard is impressive, and I couldnÂ’t help but be impressed with the headroom. Fact is, this car is roomy everywhere. The list of standard safety features is also impressive, and many are not even available from other manufacturers.