Used 2005 Kia Spectra Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Kia Spectra Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:

Nice lil car
By silver bullet

2005 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

At 6'5'', 300 lbs I wondered at first if I could even fit in it, to my surprise I did. Now at about 45000 miles I can't complain much. It has good power and with the stick in it I really go if I need to, but I think it needs to have a sixth gear in it. I put an after market sound system in but left the factory deck in it and it sounds quite good. I had no problems other than the front spoiler is gone due to rubbing on parking ties and drive entries.

Really great lights you really see at night, price tag and the warranty.

The hatchback is somewhat hard to put anything big in and the passenger air bag light is a joke.

Fun to drive, very economical
By matchick

2005 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After 2 years and 52,000 miles, I still love this car. The seats could be more comfortable, but it is cute, runs great and is super fun to drive. I get about 32 miles to the gallon highway, so very easy on the pump. Non standard tires make replacements a bit pricey at about $125 per tire.

I put window tinting like an SUV and the car is bright red, so I love the sporty look and have had many people ask about it. Love the gas mileage.

More comfortable seats and better adjustments for the seat.

Excellent
By Nathanc

2005 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Good handling, good design both interior and exterior. Excellent reliability. Very good on gas mileage.

Smooth power, excellent handling, excellent braking, excellent manueverability Easy trunk access and room.

Major paint issues
By princessmeliss

2005 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My Kia Spec5 was awesome for the first 8 months until the paint started chipping off. Kia refuses to take responsibility for it and I've seen 2 others with the same problem. Kia's rep told me that his is doing the same thing, but it's not a quality issue. Have since found other Spec5's with the same thing and found feedback on the web from owners experiencing the exact same issue. Kia isn't interested in hearing about it and has lost a customer as a result.

Location of controls, driver's seat adjusts up and down.

Paint quality is garbage, customer service is also terrible, rear spoiler is gapping.

Shaken, not stirred
By Taken4ride

2005 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Car steering wheel shakes bad from 68mph and up; the dealership had car for a total of 19 days. They have replaced tires, wheels, had factor rep test drove my car, and now they are saying this is the way the car drives. When I bought the car they knew about shake and told me it would be fixed under factory warranty, not to worry. They kept the car and tried to fix the shaking problem, but now they are saying that it is just the way the car is designed. The service manager is now stating that they are no longer allowed to make anymore attempts to work on this problem as per the factory rep. They stated that it was only me who has complained about this shaking problem. The paint stinks, bumper too.

I looked good in it. The moon roof.

Fix the shaking and stop telling people only they have the problem with it.