2005 Kia Spectra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:
not bad
By listed on 04/07/06 12:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Overall good. Good noise reduction. Good build quality. EXTREMELY poor FUEL ECONOMY -- only about 26 on the highway and 21 in city. Radio stinks.

The Korean Works
By benji1 on 03/28/06 15:55 PM (PST)

2005 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Overall quality rating = excellent. Fit and finish surpasses any of the big 3 by miles. Have convinced 2 neighbors to investigate Kia models to suit their needs. Had fuel consumption problems at the outset; these have been resolved with the help of both the dealer and Kia Canada.

Great Economical Car for Tall People
By Kirsten on 03/07/06 12:01 PM (PST)

2005 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car so much, I would recommend it to anyone with long legs and a long torso! I have plenty of head room, elbow room, and leg room, and I'm a 5'9" woman. My passengers always ride comfortably in the back seat. The stereo is very impressive as well. It has a very good turning radius and handles curbs well.

review
By justen on 10/12/05 01:44 AM (PDT)

2005 Kia Spectra Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

All around good commuter; you're not going to win any car shows but you know you'll get to work on time and might even have some fun doing so.

I'm Loving It
By trisha on 10/10/05 16:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Was shopping for a car for about 4 months. Never really paid much attention to the Spectra. Was looking at Toyota and VW and Honda. I fell in love with this car. My husband has an Accord, loves my car better. Both cars are garage kept and when my car is parked in the garage beside his, it doesn't even look like a compact car. I would recommend this car to anyone not just first time buyers. Because I'm not a first time buyer and I will get another Kia when it is time for another one. Now my husband wants a Kia. And you get all of that bang for your buck. So get it now before Kia realizes they are giving away too much.

Koreans have caught up
By Robert on 10/07/05 14:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Did a lot of research before buying. Largest interior in the class. Good air bags and safety features, awesome warranty. So far averaging 28 MPG in town. Very quiet interior, and the VTI sends out good amount of torque to get moving well. Good on the highway and works well in town. It is a heavier car than its competitors, but this is good in my book. It is a pleasant car to drive and we are looking forward to our first road trip in it.

outstanding
By james b on 10/07/05 11:30 AM (PDT)

2005 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Quality, warranty, performance and comfort; totally awesome for low priced vehicle. So good my wife and I purchased another one a week later.

Best Value on the Road
By cubbyk on 09/07/05 19:32 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Spectra Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I am a big man. There is tons of space. Got 24 mpg in the city for the first 700 miles. Now I am getting 27. The secret?. I never go over 3,000 on the rpms. My son has an '05 Hyundai Elantra and this little Kia blows it away. Can't go wrong.

Great car all around!
By human on 09/06/05 21:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Spectra Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I never thought I would consider a Kia. But on paper, this car beat everything else in its class so I thought it was worth checking out. After the test drive I was sold! The ride is smooth and solid and the interior is quiet. Easily the best bang for the buck especially with the $1750 rebate. Image conscious drivers will have to pay thousands more for a similar performing car. "Reliability" = 9 because I haven't owned it for too long. "Fuel Economy" = 8 because Corollas and Civics have better MPG ratings.

Not worth it
By Jesse on 09/05/05 11:42 AM (PDT)

2005 Kia Spectra Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This vehicle depreciates so fast the only reason to buy one new is if you plan on driving it until it needs to be junked (which probably won't be more than a few years)! You will NOT be able to trade this vehicle in at ANY point in its life. Ask ANY other dealership than a Kia dealer. I was guaranteed that I could trade this car in after a year, went back to the dealership and they wouldn’t do it, depreciated almost $10,000 in 1 year! More than half the cost of the car! If I could do it over again I would buy a Toyota or a Honda; better gas mileage (don't expect over 25 highway on this car) and better reliability. My car has gone back to the shop 3 times for the same problem in a year.