Used 2005 Kia Spectra Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Kia Spectra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:

Kia review
By bepell

2005 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Overall a quality vehicle. May not be a popular brand, but gas, comfort and reliability is very good. My wife hit another car, messed his car up pretty good and all we messed up was our bumper, which can be replaced. After the accident, the car doesn't shimmy, shudder or ride funny. It's a well built car. I haven't had one problem mechanically. I even went more than 6 months without changing oil to see what would happen and the car didn't skip a beat. Maybe a more sleek design, but that's stretching.

Favorite Features

Comfortable seats. Decent sound system, and has good control when darting in and out of traffic.

Suggested Improvements

MP3 player.

Better than expected
By erns

2005 Kia Spectra Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Have just over 22,000 miles and the cars still feels solid, no rattles. 29 mpg in mixed driving!

Favorite Features

Good fuel economy, quiet, remote trunk release.

Suggested Improvements

No MP3 player

Very Good Experience. I really like it!
By Robert at Texas

2005 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The driving is excellent especially considering its affordable price. It moves fast all the time, acceleration and in the highway. The CD-radio and speakers are real good. Quality interiors, soft and supportive; six cupholders and several bins to carry a lot of stuff. Good A/C. All of this makes my wife and three children ask for a ride for shoping or just fun pretty often, even though we have a van and mid-size sedan. We've had even a long 2200 mile round trip with fun and joy! No problems after 2 years driving it.

Favorite Features

The look is just great, particularly with the alloys!! And I like to drive a car loaded with safety features: 6 airbags, 4 disc-brakes, collapsible front and rear ends, safety belts with force limiters and much more, besides the 5 years warranty bumper to bumper and 10 years for powertrain.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage could be better. Front seats a little small for big bodies.

2 years with the new Spectra
By Hans

2005 Kia Spectra Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got the 2004.5 in March of 2005. The paint is easily marked with fingernails at the door handles. Visibility is excellent with the height adjustable drivers seat. The 4-wheel disc brakes are very good. The manual shifter is a bit sloppy, and takes some getting used too. Service at the dealer has been very good. I also got a very good deal without having to negotiate, paying the advertised price with several thousand dollars off the sticker.

Favorite Features

Remote trunk release, 6 standard air bags, adjustable seat height.

Suggested Improvements

Exterior paint, and or clear coat.

Come on performance parts!
By azsnow

2005 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car for better mpg, and received a whole lot more! I have only had it for a year and have had 29,000 trouble free miles. It doesn't hold its resale value very well, but when you compare it to other cars in its class, you get way more for a lot less.

Favorite Features

Good looks, fast around town, and very reliable.

Suggested Improvements

There needs to be more performance parts for this car! The 1st to 2nd gear ratios need to be a little closer.