2005 Kia Spectra Wagon Consumer Reviews 2

2005 Kia Spectra Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:
Nice lil car
By silver bullet on 09/09/07 15:36 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

At 6'5'', 300 lbs I wondered at first if I could even fit in it, to my surprise I did. Now at about 45000 miles I can't complain much. It has good power and with the stick in it I really go if I need to, but I think it needs to have a sixth gear in it. I put an after market sound system in but left the factory deck in it and it sounds quite good. I had no problems other than the front spoiler is gone due to rubbing on parking ties and drive entries.

Fun to drive, very economical
By matchick on 09/05/07 18:03 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After 2 years and 52,000 miles, I still love this car. The seats could be more comfortable, but it is cute, runs great and is super fun to drive. I get about 32 miles to the gallon highway, so very easy on the pump. Non standard tires make replacements a bit pricey at about $125 per tire.

Excellent
By Nathanc on 05/07/07 21:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Good handling, good design both interior and exterior. Excellent reliability. Very good on gas mileage.

Major paint issues
By princessmeliss on 07/07/06 06:55 AM (PDT)

2005 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My Kia Spec5 was awesome for the first 8 months until the paint started chipping off. Kia refuses to take responsibility for it and I've seen 2 others with the same problem. Kia's rep told me that his is doing the same thing, but it's not a quality issue. Have since found other Spec5's with the same thing and found feedback on the web from owners experiencing the exact same issue. Kia isn't interested in hearing about it and has lost a customer as a result.

Shaken, not stirred
By Taken4ride on 07/03/06 21:11 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Car steering wheel shakes bad from 68mph and up; the dealership had car for a total of 19 days. They have replaced tires, wheels, had factor rep test drove my car, and now they are saying this is the way the car drives. When I bought the car they knew about shake and told me it would be fixed under factory warranty, not to worry. They kept the car and tried to fix the shaking problem, but now they are saying that it is just the way the car is designed. The service manager is now stating that they are no longer allowed to make anymore attempts to work on this problem as per the factory rep. They stated that it was only me who has complained about this shaking problem. The paint stinks, bumper too.

A lot of fun for the value
By Iceman on 03/11/06 17:01 PM (PST)

2005 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Spectra5 for 8 months now and have found it to be a "steal". It is fun to drive and has a lot of value. I did research similar vehicles when I purchased it, but for the warranty and price, I could not turn it down. It has a lot of "Pep" and as pretty quiet at highway speeds.

Kia Spectra Spectra5
By john waugh on 03/09/06 09:05 AM (PST)

2005 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am happy I chose to buy my new Spectra5; first Kia l have owned. I have been driving for 53 years so I consider myself as a fair judge of cars. I have had my Kia for a year now and enjoy it. I am in my senior years and this car, with its sporty appearance etc., makes me feel young ... well younger!

A dream ....
By bfrazer05 on 02/06/06 00:36 AM (PST)

2005 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this to save a little money on gas and for the warranty as I put 20k on a car a year. I love it; most surprised by Kia's awesome features, especially for the low low price. I'm sure I will be purchasing another Kia product in the future.

An Excellent Value!
By OmahaOwner on 01/27/06 12:09 PM (PST)

2005 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

If buying a car is about value, then this car will satisfy. Good handling, extremely quiet interior, great looks and good gas mileage. Not a lot of power but more than adequate for highway cruising and plenty of torque for around-town driving. I've put 15,000 miles on it and still appreciate the excellent value I received for the cost of ownership!

New blue ride
By 004TJK on 01/20/06 14:04 PM (PST)

2005 Kia Spectra Wagon Spectra5 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Trust Edmunds, I did. Good things from Kia do come in blue packages. Engine is smooth and pulls well in normal driving. Seats are very comfortable, finding a comfortable driving position was a snap. All of the controls are within easy reach and the buttons are intuitive. Handling is very good; it handles bumps and ruts in the road nicely. It's a great commuter. The radio/cd is not as bad as the reviews seem. Just don't try to thump the base too loud. Getting 30-32 mpg. I'm having a blast driving the car and my son's friends think it's "cool" to boot. Not bad for less than $15k!