Used 2005 Kia Spectra Sedan Consumer Reviews - 64 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Kia Spectra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2005 Kia Spectra Sedan

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:

Works for me
By Rich

2005 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this 2005 Spectra EX new and now have 60,000 miles on it. I change the oil every 3-4K miles. My front tires wore out after about 25,000 because I never rotated them, so I put new ones on just the front. At 60,000 I should probably just change all 4 now. I haven't had so much as a head lamp go out on this car. Original battery and this car has never failed to start or run smoothly. Granted I maintain it well and keep it garaged, but still it has exceeded my expectation for an economical car. Comfort is not bad considering I over 6ft tall and the upholstery has no tears, cracks, or worn spots.

Dependability, Low initial cost, ease of maintenance. 6 air bags. Haven't used them and don't want to. Hope they work if I need them though.

Gas mileage at 30 mpg highway is a little disappointing for such a small car. The radio has really weak reception. They could have spent a few more dollars on a better audio system.

Not bad for a cheap car
By Cheap Car

2005 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Bought it used for my wife to commute in with 44K on it. It now has 86K on it and is still running strong.That pesky check engine light goes on and off when it feels like it.It must be something minor because it has no effect on performance or gas mileage.Other than normal maintenance I have had no problems with it. I did notice that in hot, hot weather the speedo and tack go wacky for a while. I have changed the transmission oil twice and have had no problems with it after reading about transmission problems other owners have had. I must have got a descent one because I do not have all the problems that other Kia owners have.

Radio,easy to drive.Lots of power for a Cheap car.Good A/C

Does not matter.They do not make it anymore.

Very Pleased, Fun to Drive
By Happy Camper

2005 Kia Spectra Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2005 Spectra SX Feb. 2006, I've been very pleased with this little car. Maintenance low. Everyone at the dealership is great. I am very pleased with the performance and looks of the car. I get a lot of comments how cute or cool it looks. I love this car. It's my third Kia. I would definitely buy another Kia.

It's black with tinted windows, rain guards and spoiler, Also love my sunroof.

Great Car
By TLS

2005 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Love this Car. Had to replace a belt after 4 years, but no other problems. We have taken several trips both the the hot south New Mexico area and up to the high mountains in Colorado.

Gas Mileage, peppy, comfortable. Great a/c heating system.

Nothing.

third car
By k/dan

2005 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

well i have bought alot of cars but this seem to be a fun car to drive even though it is just a third for the winter still liking it

snappy feel

should have had abs brakes