2005 Kia Spectra Sedan Consumer Reviews 2

2005 Kia Spectra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2005 Kia Spectra LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:
Kia review
By bepell on 02/13/08 07:54 AM (PST)

2005 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Overall a quality vehicle. May not be a popular brand, but gas, comfort and reliability is very good. My wife hit another car, messed his car up pretty good and all we messed up was our bumper, which can be replaced. After the accident, the car doesn't shimmy, shudder or ride funny. It's a well built car. I haven't had one problem mechanically. I even went more than 6 months without changing oil to see what would happen and the car didn't skip a beat. Maybe a more sleek design, but that's stretching.

Better than expected
By erns on 01/22/08 00:39 AM (PST)

2005 Kia Spectra Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Have just over 22,000 miles and the cars still feels solid, no rattles. 29 mpg in mixed driving!

Very Good Experience. I really like it!
By Robert at Texas on 09/11/07 15:24 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The driving is excellent especially considering its affordable price. It moves fast all the time, acceleration and in the highway. The CD-radio and speakers are real good. Quality interiors, soft and supportive; six cupholders and several bins to carry a lot of stuff. Good A/C. All of this makes my wife and three children ask for a ride for shoping or just fun pretty often, even though we have a van and mid-size sedan. We've had even a long 2200 mile round trip with fun and joy! No problems after 2 years driving it.

2 years with the new Spectra
By Hans on 02/20/07 19:36 PM (PST)

2005 Kia Spectra Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got the 2004.5 in March of 2005. The paint is easily marked with fingernails at the door handles. Visibility is excellent with the height adjustable drivers seat. The 4-wheel disc brakes are very good. The manual shifter is a bit sloppy, and takes some getting used too. Service at the dealer has been very good. I also got a very good deal without having to negotiate, paying the advertised price with several thousand dollars off the sticker.

Come on performance parts!
By azsnow on 10/03/06 12:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car for better mpg, and received a whole lot more! I have only had it for a year and have had 29,000 trouble free miles. It doesn't hold its resale value very well, but when you compare it to other cars in its class, you get way more for a lot less.

Kia changed my mind
By Laura on 08/09/06 09:21 AM (PDT)

2005 Kia Spectra Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I owned a Kia years ago and swore I would never buy one again. We were looking for an inexpensive car and decided to try Kia again. This time I was very pleased at the value for the money. I haven't had any problems in the year and a half I have owned the car. Kia has come a long way in my book. I enjoy my Kia and would recommend one to all of my friends and family.

Good Car/Sorry Mileage
By singnchef on 07/27/06 08:18 AM (PDT)

2005 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We really like most everything about this car except the mileage. We only get 28-29 mpg on the highway and 21-22 in town. Dealer says there is nothing wrong and nothing they can do. I get better mileage out of my 91 Taurus with a 3.0 six. This is a good car, but Kia needs to do something about the mpg's.

Is that a Kia!
By wessam ka on 07/04/06 09:06 AM (PDT)

2005 Kia Spectra Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned it for 10 months now. This car cost $14k! It will still be convincing if it cost $20k. It is so hard to criticizing my car. It is smooth, powerful, stylish, well equipped and cheap. That's a good deal. BUT... it's noisy and needs a stronger engine.

Kia
By Anita on 05/01/06 11:19 AM (PDT)

2005 Kia Spectra Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my very first new car ever! I just love it. It's easy to maintain--great on gas and easy to wash. Cleans up fast and interior is easy to keep clean also. Mine is ice blue -- sometimes it looks grey and sometimes it looks blue -- really neat!

Dependable
By Ben Marcus on 04/16/06 19:44 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Spectra Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Good car for the price. Very dependable, great warranty. Not the best gas mileage, but definitely for the price. I'd have to say this is the best sedan under $15k that you can find. Handles well. 2 liter engine gives it a little pep and it handles nicely on the highway and just around town. Good interior and spacious back seat (as far as a backseat in a sedan goes). I'm 6'3" and there is plenty of head and leg room in the front seat. Revs up a little much when switching gears, especially when going fast.