Used 2005 Kia Spectra SX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Kia Spectra - Consumer Reviews

2005 Kia Spectra

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:

Better than expected
By erns

2005 Kia Spectra SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Have just over 22,000 miles and the cars still feels solid, no rattles. 29 mpg in mixed driving!

Favorite Features

Good fuel economy, quiet, remote trunk release.

Suggested Improvements

No MP3 player

Kia changed my mind
By Laura

2005 Kia Spectra SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I owned a Kia years ago and swore I would never buy one again. We were looking for an inexpensive car and decided to try Kia again. This time I was very pleased at the value for the money. I haven't had any problems in the year and a half I have owned the car. Kia has come a long way in my book. I enjoy my Kia and would recommend one to all of my friends and family.

Favorite Features

CD player, air conditioner, comfortable seats and overall looks of the car from the outside.

Suggested Improvements

Offer more upgrades to the mid models; like cruise control or other bells and whistles.

review
By justen

2005 Kia Spectra SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

All around good commuter; you're not going to win any car shows but you know you'll get to work on time and might even have some fun doing so.

Favorite Features

Suspension, handles corners much better than lesser equipped models.

Suggested Improvements

Higher gearing 6th gear feels necessary around 70 mph.

Great car all around!
By human

2005 Kia Spectra SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I never thought I would consider a Kia. But on paper, this car beat everything else in its class so I thought it was worth checking out. After the test drive I was sold! The ride is smooth and solid and the interior is quiet. Easily the best bang for the buck especially with the $1750 rebate. Image conscious drivers will have to pay thousands more for a similar performing car. "Reliability" = 9 because I haven't owned it for too long. "Fuel Economy" = 8 because Corollas and Civics have better MPG ratings.

Favorite Features

Price, power windows, power door locks, remote entry, quiet interior, AC, CD, 6 speakers, 5yr/60K bumper-to-bumper warranty, SX features: 16" AND alloy wheels, excellent balance between handling and ride comfort, did I mention price?

Suggested Improvements

Moonroof starts too far back and is barely noticeable from the front seats. Larger side mirrors would be nice to improve side visibility when changing lanes.

My Kia
By Ms. Amy

2005 Kia Spectra SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I did not think this car would fit my needs but me and my son are having fun with it and it is very good on GAS. As we all know how expensive it is to fill up a tank now. This car is excellent for a college student, it's roomy and has a nice size trunk. I am very happy with my Kia.

Favorite Features

The mileage for gas is great and the pick up is awesome. The drivers seat is nice and roomy, very comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

All Spectra models should come with cruise control; that is the only dislike that I have. It is not an expensive car so they should come with some extra perks.