2004 Kia Spectra GS Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Kia Spectra Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:
Its a great little car
By mark frye on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Kia Spectra Hatchback GSX 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Its my wifes car for her work,but we took it for a little vac,& everything was fine.

I Didn't Like It
By friendstiltheend on 06/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Kia Spectra Hatchback GS 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

this car had little seats and was not the car i thought it was when i bought it. I thought it was a pretty color and thats about all. It was, in all, reliable, but it did not give me the feeling of safty when i drove it on the high way.

Under-rated car, 5speed GSX is KING!!
By natedawg on 05/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Kia Spectra Hatchback GSX 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Very fun, economical, practical and sporty car. I really am pleased with the car. The hatchback GSX allows me to throw whatever I need in there. I've had a few electrical problems with the cruise control and dash lights but both are fixed now. The car warms up quick in the winter, very economical to drive (40+mpg) driving it nice. No transimisson problems with the 5 speed!

Great Card for money
By rogerr on 04/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Kia Spectra Hatchback GSX 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

great car for the money, cheap yeah, but i like it, and unique in its look.

So far,so good
By No4Mk1 on 04/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Kia Spectra Hatchback GS 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought a new Spectra. First new car I have ever owned (was about time). So far, so good. Gas mileage has been consistently around 30mpg. Shifts very smoothly. I have now put nearly 3000 miles on it. Looks like it'll need a set of studded tires for the winter. Enough room for my kids in the back - better than a Rio.

KIA go back to making Bicycles
By msiriodis on 04/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Kia Spectra Hatchback GSX 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Not worth the Money, service is null and even the service provider told me that we live and learn when I told him the car I had purchased.

AWSOME
By SherryBaby on 03/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Kia Spectra Hatchback GSX 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Its a wonderful car. I have not one complaint what so ever. I owned the Kia Shepia prior to my Spectraand im a Kia gal all tha way.

Just a piece of my mind
By Omy on 01/31/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Kia Spectra Hatchback GSX 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

While the car is beautiful in the outside and all I had to rate it low on performance because since I got the car, which by the way I bought it with only 21 miles on it, it has been giving me problems with the driver's side door window. The car has power everything and so the window opens by itself and many times while driving in the Highway, which scares me half to death.

Wow
By lesan6 on 01/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Kia Spectra Hatchback GS 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I am impressed with this one! Gotta hand it to the Euro's; they can make a car; Kia's selling like hotcakes over there. My vehicle warm's up fast in the winter, idles quietly, handles well on the road, has good radio,sound quality! If the Koreans are offering a warranty like this, it tells me that they have engineered one heck, "see, we told ya' so!" of a car. Easy on the wallet! Maybe it's a "Honda clone."

Poor quality and brake system
By tootsietwo on 12/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Kia Spectra Hatchback GSX 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle which I own 2001. The rubber seals around all doors was falling off when the car was 3 months old. The plastic inside door handles (can you believe plastic) have broken and I have replaced brakes around 10X and still are not good. I will never by this car again. Good price but I have put almost as much $$$$ in this car as what I paid for.