Used 2004 Kia Spectra LS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Kia Spectra - Consumer Reviews

2004 Kia Spectra Sedan

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:

Great first time car!
By Rob Richter

2004 Kia Spectra Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my Spectra for 2 years now and not once have I been to the mechanic for any problems. I've put about 13,000 miles on it and so far so good. City mileage is about 22-23 not bad but could be a little better. Transmission is kinda rough shifting from third to fourth gear sometimes. If you can find a low mileage Spectra (the newer models are even better in my opinion) you will not be dissapointed!

Favorite Features

Quiet interior, a lot of hard plastics but they are all put together well, clear visibility out of the rear view mirror.

Suggested Improvements

Only knocks are a lack of cupholders (no back ones? what were they thinking?, new spectras have more though) and for some reason the windows get fogged up easy even if I'm the only one in the car on a nice fall day.

2004 Kia Spectra
By LLBinHOU

2004 Kia Spectra Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this Kia used 8 months ago and I LOVE this car! It has smooth manual shift, feels sporty, great on the mileage and very fun to drive! No complaints. None!

Favorite Features

Oddly, my favorite feature is the cute little sunglass holder above the review mirror.

Cannot Align?
By tommywebb

2004 Kia Spectra Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

When I got the car it needed an alignment, should have made them fix it then. We loved the car. We paid cash for it. Well.........I took it to get new tires and an alignment in Oct. of '07 and the alignment tech told there is no camber adjustment on the KIA so he could not align the car. WHAT? He then proceeded to tell me I had to buy an aftermarket kit and it would cost $200 to install so my car could be aligned. I thought they were just fishing for money. So I called the dealer and sure enough I had to buy an aftermarket kit. WHAT?I bought a car you can't get aligned! KIA said it adjusts, the dealer and the tech says no. Now I am stuck with a car I can never get aligned. Never buy another!

Favorite Features

Interior/Exterior design. I love they way the car looks. But not worth the money if you can't align it. Don't buy one.

Suggested Improvements

A car that can be aligned. I am so disappointed KIA does not want to fix this. They have lost a customer.

I bought a Lemon
By Garcia

2004 Kia Spectra Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This would have been great, especially for the price. Unfortunately, I bought a lemon. The car needed an alignment when we test drove it. That should have been a sign. But we liked the car and what it had to offer compared to the other compact cars. So that was the first thing wrong with this car. The O-2 sensor has gone out twice in the car. The odometer messed up so the whole dash had to be replaced. Countless times the check engine light has come on supposedly because the gas cap was not closed right. When you'd think we'd learn the by the second time how to put on a gas cap. Now to top it off right now our car is in the shop because the transmission needs to be replaced. LEMON!

Cool But needs some Enrichments
By Mustapha Selim

2004 Kia Spectra Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

It is a verywell car. but its interior materials r not so rich.... a cute exterior .. good Engine but some kinda heavy.. actually i got a 1600 C.C one .. but it is soooo Convenient