2004 Kia Spectra Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:
Good value
By K on 08/17/08 18:18 PM (PDT)

2004 Kia Spectra Hatchback GSX 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my gsx used and I have had no problems at all with anything. Now has over 90,000 miles and still runs great. The performance is a little slow, but I have been adding some parts to it and they are making a big difference. I would highly recommend this car as a commuter or for performance car that you do not see very often although the part are only available from a few places.

horrible service/vehicle
By cjhammen on 07/26/06 21:17 PM (PDT)

2004 Kia Spectra Hatchback GSX 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Not only have we had to fork out over $1000 on repairs but Kia finally decided to put a new transmission in at only 58K, but that took 25 payments for them to do that. There is NO power to the vehicle. The seats are uncomfortable and if I didn't drive 50 miles each way to work and needed something to use as a "throw away vehicle" I would never have bought this piece of JUNK. I will not even give it to my 16 year old son to drive.

Careful: The Bear Wants Christmas Money!
By Jake on 12/28/04 23:29 PM (PST)

2004 Kia Spectra Hatchback GSX 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The compact hatchback is styled "right". The day I purchased my Spectra I had the check engine light reset. It has been back to the dealership two other times for the same thing, but I have been out in less than an hour each time. As a former line mechanic, I have reset the computer twice myself: once at high altitude above Sante Fe and the other on a foggy morning. It has a dash rattle which I may not get fixed unless it gets louder. I change my own oil and keep all receipts, but I really don't expect problems with the warranty. It is a great second generation vehicle which I rate behind a Corolla or Civic, but I paid an exceptional price-$3600 below MSRP-they met my earned interest rate!

kia gsx
By darrell19712 on 09/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Kia Spectra Hatchback GSX 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

added a power sunroof and keyless entry which makes this vehicle fun to drive and practical, actually quite a value for the dollars notwithstanding the extended warranty

Under-rated car, 5speed GSX is KING!!
By natedawg on 05/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Kia Spectra Hatchback GSX 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Very fun, economical, practical and sporty car. I really am pleased with the car. The hatchback GSX allows me to throw whatever I need in there. I've had a few electrical problems with the cruise control and dash lights but both are fixed now. The car warms up quick in the winter, very economical to drive (40+mpg) driving it nice. No transimisson problems with the 5 speed!

Great Card for money
By rogerr on 04/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Kia Spectra Hatchback GSX 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

great car for the money, cheap yeah, but i like it, and unique in its look.

KIA go back to making Bicycles
By msiriodis on 04/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Kia Spectra Hatchback GSX 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Not worth the Money, service is null and even the service provider told me that we live and learn when I told him the car I had purchased.

AWSOME
By SherryBaby on 03/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Kia Spectra Hatchback GSX 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Its a wonderful car. I have not one complaint what so ever. I owned the Kia Shepia prior to my Spectraand im a Kia gal all tha way.

Just a piece of my mind
By Omy on 01/31/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Kia Spectra Hatchback GSX 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

While the car is beautiful in the outside and all I had to rate it low on performance because since I got the car, which by the way I bought it with only 21 miles on it, it has been giving me problems with the driver's side door window. The car has power everything and so the window opens by itself and many times while driving in the Highway, which scares me half to death.

Poor quality and brake system
By tootsietwo on 12/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Kia Spectra Hatchback GSX 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle which I own 2001. The rubber seals around all doors was falling off when the car was 3 months old. The plastic inside door handles (can you believe plastic) have broken and I have replaced brakes around 10X and still are not good. I will never by this car again. Good price but I have put almost as much $$$$ in this car as what I paid for.