2004 Kia Spectra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:
Questionable reliability
By FASV on 09/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Kia Spectra EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I still like this car; however; only after 55,000 miles the alternator failed and at 67,000 the ac compressor had to be rebuilt. The alternator repair was covered by the warranty but the ac I had to pay for it. Recently I replaced the brakes for the first time and the timing belt and engine belts. Tires twice and battery twice as well. Other than that I still like the car but will think twice again of buying another Kia. The 60,000 miles warranty is for a reason.

Cheating on GAS Mileage
By Unhappy user on 12/05/04 22:06 PM (PST)

2004 Kia Spectra EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

For gas price over $2/g. Gas mileage is one of the most important factor when I buy car. Its sticker shows 25- 34 miles/gallon. But after driving 13,000 miles, I am only getting 27 miles/g_freeway. Is it only me or just like some Kia dealers say, need to break in. After 13,000 miles???

Nice
By Trent a on 10/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

We love the car

Lots of kit for less dollars
By Good value on 09/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Kia Spectra EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

haven't had my Spectra long but I'm satisfied with it. The engine provides reasonable power but the automatic transmission could shift smoother. Good cabin materials and nice exterior. Some might have trouble finding a fully loaded model however.

Great Car
By Happy Kia Owner 2 on 09/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Kia Spectra EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

So far this has been a great car! The redesigned Kia Spectra is built solid, and the new motor is much better then the old 1.8. It's quiet, and gets great gas mileage. The inside is quite roomy front and back. Adults actually can be comfortable in the back!

Kia vs Honda
By DCH60 on 09/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Kia Spectra EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Many more features vs the Honda Civic. I'm a Honda owner (2003 V6 Accord), but the civic's features vs the Spectra came up way short. And the warranty doesn't come close.

Safety Warning!
By Endangered Consumer on 08/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Kia Spectra EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have a safety warning for petite people or anyone who loves a petite person. The 2004 Kia Spectra has an airbag sensor for the front passenger seat that has a lower weight sensitivity limit of 125 pounds, which means the airbag may not engage during an accident if anyone who weighs under 125 pounds is sitting in that seat. Unfortunately, the local Kia dealership didn’t forewarn me of this situation before I bought the car, and a Kia company consumer affairs representative stated that “there is nothing we can do to ‘fix’ the condition.” So, buyer beware!

Best value compact sedan
By Choon I. Lee on 08/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Kia Spectra EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This new Spectra rocks. I needed a small econmic car for commute rather than driving my Suburban everyday. I got the most for my money compared to Mazda 3, Civic, Corola, and Elantra. It cost thousands dollors less with lots of standard features like side curtain air bags. This is a very important safety feature for me because I have two kids. It handles good on the freeway and the engine is powerful enough for the size. The body design looks good and the interior offers a large passenger space.

Great Car for a Great Price
By johndoend on 08/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Kia Spectra EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I was very hesistant about buying a Kia, but after having this car for a month, I'm not sure there's many better vehicles in this price range. The vehicle has awesome safety features and has a very quiet ride. I am 6'4" and my legs can actually move underneath the steering wheel, something I can't even do in a Subaru Forester. The interior and exterior are well designed and almost make the car look European. The EX model comes with several key features, like remote entry and power windows. This vehicle does well on the interstate and gets at least 30 miles to the gallon. The warranty is awesome. Kia has done an amazing job in making this car.

good
By darchey on 08/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Kia Spectra EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

: o) Solid, reliable car for a good price.