2003 Kia Spectra Consumer Review: First purchases

2003 Kia Spectra - Consumer Review

GSX 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

First purchases
By Jilly O on

2003 Kia Spectra GSX 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My first car. About $7500 at a Ford dealership. To work, to school, to play, it gets you there comfortably and in style. It isn't just a tool of transportation, it's a great ride. I'm 18 and as a first car, I am impressed. Only one blind spot (on every car) and great handling. I honestly love my little Kia and get compliments on it. For a small car, there is a ton of room (unlike Honda Civic coupe). Haven't had an engine problem at 60,000 miles. Kia isn't "established" so my insurance was a pain to get. Recommended for teens or first purchase.

Favorite Features

Great sound system. Comfortable drive. Very stylish and fun. Good handling. Brakes. Good pickup. Hatchback trunk/folding backseat (one seat folds back or the whole thing - handy).

Suggested Improvements

Have to manually turn lights off or good bye battery - better if automatic, but there is an alert sound. Sunroof would be nice. Child lock on doors. Keyless entry. Light on mirrors. Somehow larger glove compartment. Better carpeting (looks cheap). Driver's side foot heating is insufficient.