2003 Kia Spectra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:
Great Improvements
By Skinnyspike on 04/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Kia Spectra Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased a 1999 Sephia and it was an okay car for the price so I checked out the 2003 Spectra. Wow, what a car for the price! Kia took care of the minor design problems with this model and added some nice touches.

Spectra is here to stay
By Spectra is the BEST on 04/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Kia Spectra Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

If you are in the market for a used car? THINK AGAIN! Why buy used, when you can buy NEW? Mine came with A/C, CD player, Auto all for around $13,000. Overall happy with the car, Good gas milage, Brakes work good, Performance is good, Kia has came a long way. & It doesn't cost a fortune to maintain! I highly recommend it to anyone.

I love my new Spectra!
By Diskjokk on 03/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Kia Spectra Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Yup, I read Edmunds report before I purchased my new 2003 Kia Spectra. And for those of us who have read it, we know it's not a favorable review. After spending a few days with the car, I will have to agree with the Edmunds report that the brakes seem a bit weak and the interior seems a bit "cheaper" when comparing it to a 2003 Focus or Neon. However, what my Spectra does provide me with is an awesome looking automobile with a 10 year warranty. The interior is very roomy and the seating is comfortable. The car does seem very responsive when driven. I think it's a pretty neat car and it has grown on me a great deal.

Good Car For The Price
By Navydad54 on 02/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Kia Spectra Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I think it's a good car with a killer warranty.

Very nice car/ tremendous deal!
By Kevinthelucky on 02/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Kia Spectra Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I was shopping for the cheapest car that would hold 4 decent sized adults. It had to have 4 doors/auto/air and a decent warrantee. I bought the car without checking road tests in magazines etc. . What a nice car! Good balance of fuel economy and speed. It looks nice. The GSX in black looks really nice! Rides pretty good. Doesn't handle like a sports car-more like a smaller Taurus. Feels solid, doors shut with a solid sound. Good controls and really nice standard drivers seat with some worthwhile adjustments. In short a smallish car that work well and doesn't fell cheap.

A very good car
By Clark A. Nichols on 02/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Kia Spectra Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Last year I bought a new 2002 Rio and I found that I loved the car, only I wanted something that had a automatic shift. I turned in the Rio and bought a 2003 Spectra. I have been very pleased with the car's ability to keep up with other cars twice the price. My Spectra is fully loaded with just about everything a person could ask for. I like the fast response I get from a four cylender, as good as any car on the road. I have driven the car to Tucson, Arizona which is only a six hundred mile trip each way, but the car didn't disappoint me in it's preformance. I love the car as well if not more than The Rio that I first had.

kia's are more impresive from 02 to 03
By renee on 01/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Kia Spectra Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The kia spectra that i own now is being very good to me I have had no problems with it and when I purchase another vehicle I plan to purchase a kia optima sev6 only because I have four daughters and a wife so if you are in the market for a vehicle that is good on gas and reliable and has the biggest warrenty. If you think that kia is crap think again. They would not be able to stay in business if they always were brakeing down. Look at the quality workmanship that went into the new sorento and the price what more can you ask for and why would you.

fun new car experience
By duane.p on 01/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Kia Spectra Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Ive owned one other new car A 1997 mazda protage and and was disapointed with the mazda before the new car smell was gone. the kia spectra is a better car as far as Im concerned I felt scared at 80 mph in the mazda but the kia Ive had to 105 mph and felt safe the mazda got poor mpg until 13,000 miles the kia has been very good on gas 28mpg to 33mpg from day one 87 miles on odometer and $7600 less.

Good car for small budget
By Luthy on 11/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Kia Spectra Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I really like the way the engine accelorates. I have been having fun racing other people in much faster cars. People are so surprised when I keep at least a whole car length ahead of them for a quarter mile. The high red line sure helps out a lot.The fit and finish is just about par. You will see better in a Honda or Toyota. I think that this is a wonderful car for $13,000 loaded.We will see how it lasts.

OH YA BABY!!!!
By tw5051 on 11/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Kia Spectra Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

my last car was a sephia i needed an automatic...will always recomend a KIA.