2003 Kia Spectra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:
Spectra 2003 LS
By Jack Napeles on 10/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Kia Spectra Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car about a month ago. I have had no problems with it. Power is sufficient and ride is comfortable. The car has easy to use controls and I think the looks are great. If you review cars for a living apparently this is not the one for you. To those of us who don't I think this is an excellent choice.

great car
By Kia fan on 10/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Kia Spectra Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I traded in my 2001 Honda Civic for a 2003 Spectra and I'm so glad I did. The Spectra handles better than my old honda and it comes with a cd player and more ammenities such as vanity mirrors. I owed quite a bit on old car and my payments are $10 a month less!!! Obviously the "professional reviewer" is name brand guy. I wish I looked at Kia before I bought the civic!!

spectra
By matt haynes on 09/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Kia Spectra Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

The car is nice for an economy car. The thing it needs the most is a bigger motor for trying to pass somebody.

I love this econbox that rides like air
By Michael Easton on 09/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Kia Spectra Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

No complaints---steering wheel is too ruberry, but wheel cover (9.95) fixed that. Also too plain, but $175.00 wood kit fixed that. Rides like a luxury sedan. Rides nice at 78-90 mph unlike a small car--the gas milage is unbelievable, this car does not know how good it is, for such little money

bad car
By furball on 09/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Kia Spectra Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

We bought our spectra in january 2003.we have had nothing but problems with it this is the list of problems we have had.(the tires were bad, the sterio didnt work,paint is peeling,front seat broke,glovebox was broke,mirrors broke,gas tank recall,check engine light the car shakes when we get to a certain speed) There is No room in the car for any thing i would not buy another spectra.

Perfect and Light on the Wallet
By Little Red on 09/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Kia Spectra Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I am very pleased with my new Kia.I went to other name brand dealers,and was not happy with what they offered at the pice and payments that fit me.The dealership people were great,friendly and a very at home feeling.I will tell all my friends about my car and it's people,who stand behind their product 100 percent and the people who buy them.

Good Disposable Car
By vader716 on 09/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Kia Spectra Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I was putting a $100 here and a $100 there fixing my old 92 escort. Kia ran a special buy one get one free or one for 50% off. I decided to pick one up for a daily commuter. I paid $8200 +taxes and tags and have been very happy so far. It is a great little car for commuting. Nothing special nothing terrible. I'd buy it again. Heck $130 a month for a brand new car? Can't beat it. I'll run it into the ground and then get rid of it.

my kia
By cindy medlin on 09/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Kia Spectra Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I got my first NEW car last week. I hadn't planned on getting one but due to the wonderful price and style of the car I couldn't say no. The salesperson was so helpful and was able to answer all of my questions. I plan on my next car being a kia also.

very nice are for the price
By darkdrone on 09/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Kia Spectra Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought my first new car a month ago and it was the 03 kia. I have really enjoyed driving it and not to mention what i am paying for it was also very nice of the wallet.

Satified Mom
By Lynn Green on 08/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Kia Spectra Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Even though I just purchased the car. I thought that the ride was comfortable and it handled it self good on the road. It is a good car if you don't have a lot to spend but you want something reliable with a excellent warrenty.