Used 2003 Kia Spectra Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Kia Spectra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:
Even the base model is a good deal!!
By travisp11 on 01/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Kia Spectra Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

After getting tired of paying GM for spare parts for our 1996 Olds' wagon...we decided to go Korean. We bought our base-trim 2003 Spectra for $11,000(Automatic with A/C and a CD player)after rebates and feel like we got a great deal. It is impossible to find another car, brand new, for this price with this great of a warranty (aside from Hyundai which is similar). A friend of mine bought a Sephia in 2000 and after 60,000 miles his is still running strong and if ours should not be doing so well in a few years, who cares...Kia fits the mechanic bill on major components!!

Very disappointed!!!!!!!
By Denise Abel on 12/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Kia Spectra Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought 2 2003 spectras in May 2003 and am very shocked at the depreciation of these vehicles. We have two identical cars but they both drive differently. Mine has looser steering and my husband's feels like manual steering. We were told by the Kia place when my husband took his car in that this was normal. We paid $13,200 for each car (in trade) and now cannot get over $6000 for them in trade. Have not been able to sell the cars to private party because no one wants to buy them!!!! Very cheaply made! My husbands whole front bumper cover fell off and cost $1400 to fix. We are getting rid of both by this Friday.

The worse vehicle I have ever owned
By silky99x on 12/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Kia Spectra Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I mistakenly gave this vehice a good rating back in June 2003. Now just 6 months later, I'm about to take it in for a warranty repair for the 2nd time. The brake Master Cylinder went bad in NOV 2003. Now the Power Steering unit is leaking. So far, all is covered under the warranty. I gave the local service center a poor rating since it took them 4 days to get and replace the Master Cylinder. They told me to take my care somewhere else in the future to get warranty work. How bad can a major car dealer be. The worse. Never again, will I buy a Kia. I should have stuck with a Toyota.

Great Around Town OR Highway Car!
By gmhummer03 on 11/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Kia Spectra Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

If you are looking for Point A to B travel. This car will do it for you. The A/C will freeze you. The Radio / CD player will knock your socks off. Transmission shifts like a sports car. AND it looks sporty!

My Kia
By jenpal88 on 11/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Kia Spectra Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle for the price. After driving it off the lot, I realized the horn didn't work. I took it back the next day and they fixed it. The check engine light comes on constantly. I take it to the dealership and correct the problem, only to have it turn on again later.

Short Ride
By Chiefmelissa on 11/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Kia Spectra Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car on October 7, 2003 and totaled it out on October 8, 2003. I took the car through 4 ditches, with 3 culverts. I can only honestly rate the safety of this car. I was able to walk away with only a bruise and some stiffness. This car was my first brand new car and as soon as the paper work from the insurance company catches up I have all intentions of buying another. Price was great, and it did look wonderful. Steering was a little touchy compared to the 1994 Chevy Cavelier I was driving.

Kia Spectra
By Pfri12 on 11/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Kia Spectra Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This was my first new car. Iwasn't sure if I would like a small car. I'm used to driving a full size van. After driveing it for a few weeks I love it. The interior is nice and roomey.Everything that Edmunds has said I would have to disagree. I have had no trouble with my brakes at all.

Wish I didn't
By WoodyBD on 10/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Kia Spectra Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I wish I didn't buy this 2003 Kia Spectra. This car doesn't have much pep, especially going up hills. Warm air sometimes can be felt coming out of the vents with controls in cool and off positions. My ac didn't work after haveing it for 2 hrs after purchase. Cd player broke after a week(only used it 3 times, a small reset button needed to be pushed). Doesn't seem to have the good fuel economy they claim. Sorry Kia!

i love my kia
By lisa steinbach on 10/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Kia Spectra Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

i love driving my kia. i had a buick centry before and this is so much more fun to drive and easier. i feel like i'm in a sports car.

Great Car - Love driving it
By Puddgomez2 on 10/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Kia Spectra Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I saw an ad online for an '03 spectra for $8995, went just to check it out. This car is great. The sales people at Schaumburg Kia were really great, no pressure at all. I had a '01 Focus, this thing blows the doors off that car. It has pretty nice pick-up, its really not even that bad with the A/C on. I do alot of heavy driving and it keeps up on the Chicago express ways pretty well. I'm think after a few years I might just get another kia...