Used 2003 Kia Spectra Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Kia Spectra Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:

Corolla VS. Spectra--2 months later
By vallet1

2003 Kia Spectra Hatchback GS 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Ok, I have to admit--I was wrong. I have had nothing but problems with this car. It has been in the shop 3 times (the closest dealer is 60 miles away). Luckily it has all been covered under the warranty. But, it is a hassel to be without a car and to beg for rides to pick-up the car from friends. I think that I can claim this car as a lemon soon.

warranty

Offer a loaner car program like Suzuki

Corolla VS. Spectra
By vallet1

2003 Kia Spectra Hatchback GSX 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I won a 2003 GSX on E-bay for only $5000. The car had only 13,000 miles on it. I thought that I would try to "turn a fast profit" by selling it locally for $8000. Well, I spent $200 in ads and brought it to a local car lot and after 3 months I could not sell it for even $7000. I had a 2003 Toyota Corolla and needed to get rid of ANY car I could. I wound-up selling the Corolla for $13,000 and used the profit to pay-off the Kia. I now own (free and clear) and have been driving the Kia for 3 weeks. I find the Kia to be a much better car than the Toyota. It rides better, looks better and is more comfortable.

Cheap to buy as a used car Nice warranty Sporty looking

Have more dealerships

Spectra GS
By sterlinco

2003 Kia Spectra Hatchback GS 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Has been extremely dependable though it does lack somewhat in comfort. Long distance driving can be tiring but all in all an otherwise excellent car

Dependablility

Increase size somewhat to improve comfort. More insulation to reduce road noise.

I like my Kia
By ds153

2003 Kia Spectra Hatchback GSX 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I think the KIA Spectra is a great driving vehicle. It has many good qualities, such as a sporty body style, interior has alot of leg room, and comfortable seating. I have the GSX Hatchback, which has extra trunk space. This car has alot of nice features and the reliability is near excellent, I would recommend this vehicle highly, and you can't go wrong with the excellent warranty and great price.

Sporty body style, hatchback, good road handling and roomy interior. And of course the warranty.

Gas milage could be better.

I LOVE MY Kia Spectra GSX
By Donna Gorham

2003 Kia Spectra Hatchback GSX 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Since I've had this wonderful gift from my hubby to drive, I've had *freedom* again. I can get out to do my shopping, errands, and other necessary tasks which involved driving around the city. I do not have to worry about it breaking down 2-3 times a week. The fuel use is so negligible, I'm using less than 1 full tank per month. And the back seats let down so I can haul as much as I need to. I't my little beauty and I am quite please with her.

Her color for one thing. A beautiful, deep teal. The ease of her automatice transmission. Her 6 CD changer and speaker system. Her "get up & go" for such a small engine.

I *do* wish I had gotten her with a sun roof, and the keychain automatic lock and unlock features. Other than that, no problems.