2003 Kia Spectra Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:
Dont buy this car
By Harald Wheeler on 07/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Kia Spectra Hatchback GSX 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I was looking for a cheap car. And I found it. My friends said pay just a little more and buy the Hyundai Elantra. I wish I would have listened. This car has been in the shop twice a month for check engine lights, stalling when hot, broken window regulator and shuddering when braking. The resale is not too far off from being a write off. I am going to bite the bullet and get rid of it first chance.

Buy one!
By Mononeo on 06/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Kia Spectra Hatchback GS 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My sister wanted me to find her a good value car, and this is what she ended up buying. The Spectra was actually cheaper than the Rio, so why not get it? We went and drove it around town (same exact one). The dealer paid for gas and didn't care how far we wanted to drive it. They fell in love with it. It rides smooth, doesn't lean too much in turns, and has lots of room. Dollar for dollar, you will be happer with a Kia than a BMW though. ONE FINAL NOTE: Buy the hatchback!

its a decent car
By Malik on 06/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Kia Spectra Hatchback GS 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

ride it to believe it .. its a nice car .. interior should be made better

Good deal.
By braedyn on 04/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Kia Spectra Hatchback GS 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Don't pay attention to the editors. They think everyone can afford a BMW. I have a 2002 Spectra GS, with air, auto and a nice sounding cd player. With incentives, I paid less than $13000 for the car out the door. I've put over 18000 miles on the car and have not had a single problem. The car is comfortable to drive, handles quite well, and looks very nice inside and out. If you don't have alot of money to spend, but need a new car, I highly recommend looking into a Kia.

Perfect Car for the Perfect Price
By Damia on 03/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Kia Spectra Hatchback GSX 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

locked my self out of the car already in 2 months. Both times Kia sent some one with in an hour at no charge under the roadside assitance warranty.

Impressed
By Happy KIA owner on 01/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Kia Spectra Hatchback GSX 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Having owed several makes and models of cars that fall into the same category as this KIA, I have to say that KIA is the best hands down. The features are arranged comfortably and ergonomically. The power and punch at take off is impressive and the warranty can’t be beat for the price I paid. Finally, I have to say that if you’re looking for a car and you don’t at least test drive the KIA you get what you deserve

KIA Spectra GSX : A Pleasant Surprise
By EarlA on 11/14/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Kia Spectra Hatchback GSX 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased a 2003 for my daughter, who was moving to Arizona. She flew out, but I drove the KIA, hatch loaded to the gills and a fully-stuffed roof carrier, 2500 miles from NJ to AZ, averaging 31 MPG at speeds of 70-80 MPH. Had to downshift a few times going over the Continental Divide, but generally the power was adequate. I think the 2003 model has more torque than the 2002. The car was comfortable, too. Only request would be for a little more "grunt" from the AM side of the AM/FM/CD player; max volume was overwhelmed by road noise at 70 MPH! The hatchback design is very versatile. Car has performed flawlessly so far.