2003 Kia Spectra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:
A very good car
By Clark A. Nichols on 02/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Kia Spectra 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Last year I bought a new 2002 Rio and I found that I loved the car, only I wanted something that had a automatic shift. I turned in the Rio and bought a 2003 Spectra. I have been very pleased with the car's ability to keep up with other cars twice the price. My Spectra is fully loaded with just about everything a person could ask for. I like the fast response I get from a four cylender, as good as any car on the road. I have driven the car to Tucson, Arizona which is only a six hundred mile trip each way, but the car didn't disappoint me in it's preformance. I love the car as well if not more than The Rio that I first had.

kia's are more impresive from 02 to 03
By renee on 01/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Kia Spectra 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The kia spectra that i own now is being very good to me I have had no problems with it and when I purchase another vehicle I plan to purchase a kia optima sev6 only because I have four daughters and a wife so if you are in the market for a vehicle that is good on gas and reliable and has the biggest warrenty. If you think that kia is crap think again. They would not be able to stay in business if they always were brakeing down. Look at the quality workmanship that went into the new sorento and the price what more can you ask for and why would you.

fun new car experience
By duane.p on 01/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Kia Spectra 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Ive owned one other new car A 1997 mazda protage and and was disapointed with the mazda before the new car smell was gone. the kia spectra is a better car as far as Im concerned I felt scared at 80 mph in the mazda but the kia Ive had to 105 mph and felt safe the mazda got poor mpg until 13,000 miles the kia has been very good on gas 28mpg to 33mpg from day one 87 miles on odometer and $7600 less.

Impressed
By Happy KIA owner on 01/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Kia Spectra GSX 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Having owed several makes and models of cars that fall into the same category as this KIA, I have to say that KIA is the best hands down. The features are arranged comfortably and ergonomically. The power and punch at take off is impressive and the warranty canít be beat for the price I paid. Finally, I have to say that if youíre looking for a car and you donít at least test drive the KIA you get what you deserve

Good car for small budget
By Luthy on 11/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Kia Spectra LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I really like the way the engine accelorates. I have been having fun racing other people in much faster cars. People are so surprised when I keep at least a whole car length ahead of them for a quarter mile. The high red line sure helps out a lot.The fit and finish is just about par. You will see better in a Honda or Toyota. I think that this is a wonderful car for $13,000 loaded.We will see how it lasts.

OH YA BABY!!!!
By tw5051 on 11/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Kia Spectra 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

my last car was a sephia i needed an automatic...will always recomend a KIA.

KIA Spectra GSX : A Pleasant Surprise
By EarlA on 11/14/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Kia Spectra GSX 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased a 2003 for my daughter, who was moving to Arizona. She flew out, but I drove the KIA, hatch loaded to the gills and a fully-stuffed roof carrier, 2500 miles from NJ to AZ, averaging 31 MPG at speeds of 70-80 MPH. Had to downshift a few times going over the Continental Divide, but generally the power was adequate. I think the 2003 model has more torque than the 2002. The car was comfortable, too. Only request would be for a little more "grunt" from the AM side of the AM/FM/CD player; max volume was overwhelmed by road noise at 70 MPH! The hatchback design is very versatile. Car has performed flawlessly so far.