Used 2003 Kia Spectra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Kia Spectra - Consumer Reviews

2003 Kia Spectra

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:

Spectra GS
By sterlinco

2003 Kia Spectra GS 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Has been extremely dependable though it does lack somewhat in comfort. Long distance driving can be tiring but all in all an otherwise excellent car

Favorite Features

Dependablility

Suggested Improvements

Increase size somewhat to improve comfort. More insulation to reduce road noise.

I like my Kia
By ds153

2003 Kia Spectra GSX 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I think the KIA Spectra is a great driving vehicle. It has many good qualities, such as a sporty body style, interior has alot of leg room, and comfortable seating. I have the GSX Hatchback, which has extra trunk space. This car has alot of nice features and the reliability is near excellent, I would recommend this vehicle highly, and you can't go wrong with the excellent warranty and great price.

Favorite Features

Sporty body style, hatchback, good road handling and roomy interior. And of course the warranty.

Suggested Improvements

Gas milage could be better.

I LOVE MY Kia Spectra GSX
By Donna Gorham

2003 Kia Spectra GSX 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Since I've had this wonderful gift from my hubby to drive, I've had *freedom* again. I can get out to do my shopping, errands, and other necessary tasks which involved driving around the city. I do not have to worry about it breaking down 2-3 times a week. The fuel use is so negligible, I'm using less than 1 full tank per month. And the back seats let down so I can haul as much as I need to. I't my little beauty and I am quite please with her.

Favorite Features

Her color for one thing. A beautiful, deep teal. The ease of her automatice transmission. Her 6 CD changer and speaker system. Her "get up & go" for such a small engine.

Suggested Improvements

I *do* wish I had gotten her with a sun roof, and the keychain automatic lock and unlock features. Other than that, no problems.

Great Around Town OR Highway Car!
By gmhummer03

2003 Kia Spectra 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

If you are looking for Point A to B travel. This car will do it for you. The A/C will freeze you. The Radio / CD player will knock your socks off. Transmission shifts like a sports car. AND it looks sporty!

Favorite Features

It starts every time.

Suggested Improvements

Better Gas Mileage Mine gets about 275 Miles Per Tank. Maybe a V6 model with sunroof?

Kia Spectra
By Pfri12

2003 Kia Spectra LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This was my first new car. Iwasn't sure if I would like a small car. I'm used to driving a full size van. After driveing it for a few weeks I love it. The interior is nice and roomey.Everything that Edmunds has said I would have to disagree. I have had no trouble with my brakes at all.

Favorite Features

I like the sound system,and the seat are confortable.

Suggested Improvements

Should have more extra then what it does.