2002 Kia Spectra Consumer Review: Great Car

2002 Kia Spectra - Consumer Review

LS Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Great Car
By SAY iT on

2002 Kia Spectra LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

OK, So i bought this car used at about 25k and have had it for 22k. I probably can say that this car is a better performing car than my friend's Civic (in power that is). Great gas mileage, little trouble, except when I had to change my front wheel bearings [covered under warranty even @45K). I am little concerned with the brakes; they tend to be needing readjusting every so often to fix the weak braking power. As second owner I have the 5 year/60k warranty which I have used 3 time's when I locked myself out :-). Mine is a LS 5 speed with everything except the ABS. I LOOOOVE the car. I believe the KIA's need to be taken more seriously.

Powerful engine, engine roar, great looks, reliable, good mpg, great sound system (6 speakers).

Interior coated so won't stain easily, driver seat needs more structure, brakes need attention. Needs more sound insulation (I think that where the engine noise comes from) under the hood.