Don't Do it
By Gen on
2002 Kia Spectra 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)
I got a brand new 2002 Kia Spectra. And b/f I was off the lot a headlight was out, it should have been an omen. The windows never worked right, and there was a weird knocking when it rained. And, the alternator was going after only 6 years. Last week, the transmission just went out! We were not going anywhere. $2000.00 worth of repairs on a car with only 136000 miles on it. I have a Subaru Impreza with 196000 miles on it that is 13 years old that is still working great! I only got 400.00 for the car b/c it was just so broken down! My two cents is if you want a car that will give you your moneys worth, buy a Subaru. I had only paid the car off one year b/f it died. Never again!
Favorite Features
It was a relatively nice car, but a short life span. And the tires were always going flat. It does not have any perks. So if you want heated seats and power windows try again. I thought it would go farther and give me more. Instead I got a poor man's car and didn't even get my moneys worth.
Suggested Improvements
It is made for tiny people. Seat belts are useless if you weigh more then 200 lbs. If you are a big guy, you will be strapped in tight. Windows always came off track! Headlight covers yellowed. A mechanic friend told me the life of a trans on a Kia is only 140,000 not long enough!