2002 Kia Spectra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:
Spectra LS is a great car...
By spectraboi2002 on 08/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Kia Spectra Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have just under 30,000 miles on it.I paid about $16,000 for this car and I got all of the goodies, Cruise, power windows and locks, XM radio. Another great thing that I like about the Kia's that most do not know Alpine makes their radios.Also I have had very little problems with my car.The most major problem that I had was the Cruise control switch broke,and it was not because of poor quality,but rather me letting others drive it on vacation and them not knowing how to use the switches and they broke one off.I am extremely rough on my car and It is still going very strong for highway passing. So it is fun to drive and alot of "Bang for your buck".

One good little car
By barkel on 03/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Kia Spectra Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

At first I was not sure about buying this car, but after the test drive I was excited about the power, handling, and above all the price. Kia really backs up their product as well. My wife has a Honda Civic, and the Kia on average get very close to the same gas mialage, and it has more spunk and comfort overall. The civic has had numerous interior problems which we had repaired under warrenty, but not a single problem has been had from the Kia.

Great Buy, Great Ride
By Sheila Ann on 12/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Kia Spectra Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my Kia Spectra for one year now and for the price, you can't beat it. Sure there were a couple of minor issues, however, I'm not sure why everyone has expected so much from a car with such a low price sticker. Basically, you get what you pay for. I'm very satisfied with the quality of my Kia and when it comes with a 10 yr, 100,000 mile warranty and 30 mpg on the highway, I can't complain! You won't go 0 to 60 in 1.2 so if you want that type of performance, write the check! I certainly would recommend a Kia to anyone who wants a sporty looking vehicle to get them from point A to point B.

its all good
By its all good on 10/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Kia Spectra Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

i think this car is a good little car, there is a place for the cd's. what most dealers will call a tape holder is also a cd holder. some of the kias come with out a radio so u can get ur own and as far as speakers u can always change those out. overall i think its a decent car for the money ur paying and its got a nice look to it. its affordable for most and can be fun to drive (espcially with a manual!). i've driven almost 7000 mi in less than 4 months of having the car and i havent seenanything yet. and i dont have any special features.

WORTH THE BENJAMINS!!
By CrazyJoe on 10/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Kia Spectra Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

LOOKIN' AT THE PRICE I'M THINKIN' "MAMA MIA" I GOTS TO GET MYSELF INSIDE THIS LITTLE KIA TAKE IT FOR A RIDE "IS THAT CARMEN ELECTRA?" NO! THAT'S JUST MY REFLECTION IN THIS LITTLE KIA SPECTRA IT MAY NOT TOP THE LIST BUT IT BOTTOMS OUT THE PRICE SO IF YOU LOOKIN' 'ROUND FOR A RIDE THAT'S REALLY NICE HOP INTO THE KIA AND TAKE A LITTLE SPIN CUZ THE RIDE VS THE PRICE WILL BE WORTH THE BENJAMINS!

To soon to tell, but
By Yas on 09/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Kia Spectra Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

at least no reviewers complaining about any major problems with this car. Recently paid 10,500$, taxes included for a 2002 Spectra LS with 5600 miles on it. First foriegn car ever and it's about what I expected. Bought it for my college bound daughter just for the warranty and I hope economy. Time will tell.

Impressed by this little car!
By Joel Dziak on 08/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Kia Spectra Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car as a price point issue. Little did I know what I was actually getting! It had plenty of zip under the hood and handled quite well! I was impressed most however when I recently had a very bad accident in my car. I Had a car pull out in front of me while I was traveling at 70 mph. I broadsided the car and suffered no more than a concussion and whiplash!. This car held up great! the passenger compartment was left fully intact. Well done!

Kia Spectra: The New Yugo?
By FLEECIV on 08/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Kia Spectra Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The Spectra brings the word cheap back to the world of inexpensive cars. From fit and finish issues to gas mileage that rivals an SUV, the Spectra was amazing in its capability to miss every expectation we had for it. Those expectations were not high, but we had been given hope after our Focus and Echo. The engine was loud and every bump was felt through the cheap seats. The car did start each time it was asked, a point that typically goes unnoticed in cars today. It is difficult to say anything else that could be considered positive.

Great Value/Not What I Expected
By Niteman on 07/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Kia Spectra Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I had a Ford Ranger for 5 years prior to this purchase. I must admit how wary I was to buy Korean, my doubts were proved wrong. This car has alot of 'bang for your buck'. If you're in the market for a small sedan you should definitely take this one for a spin. I fell in love with this car once I drove it. Whoever gave this vehicle a bad review must have either gotten a lemon or expected to get a luxury car on a small budget. For the price you just can't beat it! I expected an economy car, and got much more! p.s.- it's peppy too!

This is really a good car!
By lv2run on 07/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Kia Spectra Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I just drove it about 600 miles. I had no aches or pains when done- a major achievement on a 9 hour drive. The 5 speed is so responsive and I had no trouble at all with hills- even gained acceleration easily when needed. This is truely a lot of car for very little money.