Used 2002 Kia Spectra Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Kia Spectra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:

A great car
By drummajorgeek1

2002 Kia Spectra Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

My Spectra an 02' and has 178,000 miles and I'm shocked to say it is still running great. My dad and i bought this car over two years ago for about 2K as i was finishing high school. Everything in the interior and exterior still functions. I couldn't ask for a quicker and cooler AC, it works very well. The only set back is that mine has no CD player, but the radio and speakers are good and running. My father and I were a bit skeptical prior to purchasing a Kia, let alone a Used uncertified one, but it has definitely given us a lot to think back on. I'm going into my third year of college and doing just well with this auto. It is a very reliable car and hasn't had any mechanical errors.

Simply that it runs great at 178K miles.

I would include a CD player.

The Engine Fine, the Rest.....
By Jenn's

2002 Kia Spectra Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This Car Runs great, only downer for my car was all the electric when out on it, and repairing it was not fun. Right now I have no Speedier, the mileage is wrong, and I have no idea how much gas I have. My heater/ac stop working about 2 year ago. It a great starter car, had a good monthly price when I bought it, and keeps it value, but now my entire repair's are worth more than the car. Their now warping on the dash board and the arm rest was just crap, I had it replace once and it fell apart on its own.

Great mileage, engine stays alive.

Parts in the Car would be nicer.

Not bad
By Have tons of kias...

2002 Kia Spectra Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car after owning a 1988 Toyota Corrolla Wagon with 205,000 miles on it. This was a huge upgrade. We have 3 other kias, and we like them quite well. So this was a time to see if Kia's little cars were any good? Well, I'm happy! I've only had to get some belts replaced, and get new tires, other than that, its been a very reliable car. The people who owned it before me had to replace the transmission, and that was it. So I'm happy. There are just a couple of rattling noises, but nothing that the radio turned up really loud cant fix. Gas mileage is so so, should be better in my opinion, but it is far from being bad. I plan on getting 200,000 on this. It currently has 156,100 on it.

Comfort of seats, visibility, smooth ride, and overall looks

Well, this is pointless because they discontinued the Spectra for the 2010 Kia Forte, which looks pretty cool too! LOL!

It's a college student car but not!!!
By Monica

2002 Kia Spectra Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

The only great thing about this car is that it only cost $26 to fill her up. My AC stop working at a certain point now my heater stop working and also my trunk is leaking water which is causing my car to smell like mildew and also my dashborad is rising!!!

GAS $$$

ALL PARTS!!!

Mixed Bag
By LJM

2002 Kia Spectra Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been good to me, but it has also caused me a LOT of undue stress and financial burden....I have replaced so many parts-my bumper literally just fell off while driving one day, has never been in a collision (to my knowledge) and it just fell right off...was expensive to replace, and then the driver side came loose 2 weeks later, have had to have the alignment redone far too often as it pulls very hard to the right and the heater breaks regularly. The inside of the car has just fallen apart as well, the bolt holding the seat in place fell out and i had to play over $400 to get it fixed, and then told it was not "the perfect fix, but the best they could do..." don't buy..

gas mileage

less crappy interior, higher quality electrical wiring, better suspension, better heater/AC unit (one that won't come unhooked when you change from panel to defrost) overall, it needs a TON of improvements