Used 2002 Kia Spectra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Kia Spectra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:

Great Car
By Dorine

2002 Kia Spectra 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car 4 yrs ago, with 55K miles on it. I drive over 100 miles a day and it has never gotten stuck in snow, it starts every time and only left me stranded once (needed a torque converter). It's a great car, has been hit by deer, broken into, and hit while parked, it's only let me down once. It's time to move on unfortunately as it is needing a lot more attention simply because of the miles I drive, it now has 156,000 miles and keeps on going.

Worst Car Ever
By MS

2002 Kia Spectra GSX 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This car has been nothing but issues since it was purchased. It had only 60,000 miles on it which is generally ok and since it wasn't a car for commuting, the mileage wasn't a big deal. After replacing the brake lights- needed new wiring harness, the brake system, the passenger side window that decided to not roll up one day. and various "check engine" lights and sensors later, the Kia WAS working. But alas, now the driver side window fell down by itself while parked in my driveway. It's not even worth the money that's already been dumped into it so at this point, I'm hoping the broken window gives someone some incentive to steal it.

Gas Mileage.

A working product would be nice.

Great Small car but can be pricey
By Benjamin

2002 Kia Spectra 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Recently i bought my 2002 Kia Spectra, so far its been a great little car and even with a 153,000 miles on it it still has a lot of its kick still in it, cant burn out but it tries like hell to, but the only things i have had to done lately is servicing when bought the car it had no air filter and the spark plugs were bad so changed all that and it seemed like it had a new life in it, but recently the front right tire seemed like it was going to fall off due to a tire shop so i had to spend 500 dollars to get all that fixed but ever since then best little car i ever owned and gas mileage is great get a 100 miles to a forth of a tank plus it tries to be sporty at times.

Feels like I'm driving a sports car, great looking very reliable, great turning radius, great mpg if taken care of, very responsive brakes

interior definitely needs to be built a lil better dash is warping and looks like crap needs cruise control

A great car
By drummajorgeek1

2002 Kia Spectra 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

My Spectra an 02' and has 178,000 miles and I'm shocked to say it is still running great. My dad and i bought this car over two years ago for about 2K as i was finishing high school. Everything in the interior and exterior still functions. I couldn't ask for a quicker and cooler AC, it works very well. The only set back is that mine has no CD player, but the radio and speakers are good and running. My father and I were a bit skeptical prior to purchasing a Kia, let alone a Used uncertified one, but it has definitely given us a lot to think back on. I'm going into my third year of college and doing just well with this auto. It is a very reliable car and hasn't had any mechanical errors.

Simply that it runs great at 178K miles.

I would include a CD player.

The Engine Fine, the Rest.....
By Jenn's

2002 Kia Spectra 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This Car Runs great, only downer for my car was all the electric when out on it, and repairing it was not fun. Right now I have no Speedier, the mileage is wrong, and I have no idea how much gas I have. My heater/ac stop working about 2 year ago. It a great starter car, had a good monthly price when I bought it, and keeps it value, but now my entire repair's are worth more than the car. Their now warping on the dash board and the arm rest was just crap, I had it replace once and it fell apart on its own.

Great mileage, engine stays alive.

Parts in the Car would be nicer.

• SUV