2001 Kia Spectra 1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Hercules Unchained

2001 Kia Spectra - Consumer Review

GSX 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Hercules Unchained
By Mr. GSX on

2001 Kia Spectra GSX 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this Spectra GSX in August of 2001, I received a strong rebate of $1500.00 cash back, along with a strong warranty, i.e., 100K or (10)yrs., this really eased my apprehension of purchasing a Korea Made Car. Now! The performance suits my liking, 125HP is sufficient for freeway driving. The 5sp manual works well for controlling the vehicle. The GSX Trim level gives an abundance of goodies to enjoy while you drive. Overall I have had very few problems, some shifter Buzz while in third gear, this was corrected with new parts after two visits to the Kia Dealer. After I drive another 50k in this car I will know if I have received my monies worth. I do enjoy this car.

Favorite Features

5-doors, the fast back look and good gas mileage. The front and rear stabilizers really do their job on the curves. The dash board is well thought out and good looking.

Suggested Improvements

Larger console for storage along with a larger cupholder for oversize drink containers.