2000 Kia Spectra Sedan Consumer Reviews 2

2000 Kia Spectra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2000 Kia Spectra GS 4dr Sedan

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:
Don't Buy any Kia
By tattoohank on 10/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Kia Spectra Sedan GSX 4dr Sedan

As soon as I drove it off the lot, my troubles began. I have returned this car 8 times for repair. Mainly because of cheap materials. I still have to take it back for 3 more repairs. Most recently the dashboard came unglued, sounds like there is a screw rattling around in the steering wheel, and the paint is peeling. My nightmare continues. I only get 22 MPG. Do yourself a favor and don't buy one.

THE choice in affordable 4-dr Hatchbacks
By S. U. Potter on 09/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Kia Spectra Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

I had been looking at used '94-98 VW Golfs for a Hatchback before I realized Kia started making one in 2000. Lacking refinement compared to a Honda or Toyota, but has an excellent 4-Door Hatchback layout, and for the price, it's good enough.

Spectra not a favorite
By Rootzy on 08/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Kia Spectra Sedan GSX 4dr Sedan

This car had multiple problems right after buying it brand new. I sent it to the shop three times for exhaust problems. It is cheaply made and the interior is drying and cracking. All the air conditioning vents broke and fell out about a year ago.

basic transportation
By trotter on 12/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Kia Spectra Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

not a bad car as some magazines rate it.good basic transportation very reliable so far 40,000 miles as on car has not had any problems at all,ride is somewhat noisy comfort level is fair a good second car for back to back. somewhatunderpowered but not unbearable.

Recently Purchased
By Zebulund on 08/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Kia Spectra Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

I recently purchased a Kia Spectra 2000 yr. model, and so far I'm impressed with the car for the price. Not too many people could tell me about them, but so far everything I've found on the Internet is far from negative. I think that Kia will continue to catch on in the States. It's affordable and a basic little car, but it's been great for the gas mileage. I'm going to college, and I drive back and forth. It's perfect for what I needed.

Great Buy
By Avian on 06/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Kia Spectra Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

I have had this auto for almost two years now and have no complaints. I have driven it from Florida to Canada, and have been on numerous long trips and it has exceeded my expectations for a auto at this price.

SURPRISINGLY GOOD
By alfisti1 on 05/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Kia Spectra Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

The Spectra GS is a terrific economy car that offers a lot for the money. It is fun to drive and has real sporty styling. The paint quality of the Jade Green is outstanding. I like the spacious cargo area under the hatchback, and the excellent reliability of the car. It has also given me 34-36 mpg on long trips. Overall the car has exceeded my expectations.

gsx
By gsxpress on 05/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Kia Spectra Sedan GSX 4dr Sedan

I am extremely pleased with my KIA Spectra, The car performes well and is a nice sports car with only minor adjustments. the car has nice styling and many people do not relize it is a 4 door when they first see it. This car gives the performance of a two door with the practicality of a 4 door.

fun stuff
By byron on 04/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Kia Spectra Sedan GSX 4dr Sedan

Wow, what a thrill! You get some good stuff in small package!! I like that there is room for stuff by folding down the back. The sound system is pretty good. It's almost set as a low-rider. I'll keep it.

second car
By jacky on 04/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Kia Spectra Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

I have driven this car for a year now and have no complaints Its a good second car for work or just traveling around town I would not recommend this car for long trips.The comfort level is average but a bit tiresome after driving for 3-4 hours but I would say a very reliable car.