Used 2000 Kia Spectra Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Kia Spectra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:

KIA 2000
By BOB

2000 Kia Spectra Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

I have gotten this Kia new. It was a good car. Had some prob. But Kia fixed I have taken to a Harold Chev. Where they were only Kia mech. I gave the car to my Kia . A few later started to have prob. When about 70,000 miles car started to sound bad. Kia dealers tried to fix it every time but it always comes back like Kia just gave up. My other daughter has a Kia. 2000 hers is after 7 years she had this car. It is have fallen a part. Kia has had this in shop. Many times. Just runs bad/now they say has a bad cylinder/I have a Kia Sedona new bought 2003 have warranty for ne to fix. Have no major prob. Kia been good to me. When I told daughter how good Kia is they will never buy one. Me ether.

long term info
By ripleymanor

2000 Kia Spectra Sedan GSX 4dr Sedan

bought new 2000. never had warranty repair. only recommended servicing. 32 m.p.g. a blast to drive. still looks like new. bought Sportage in 2001 same reliability. best you can get for the money.

great to drive, looks good

keep making them the same way

Still runnin' after 8 years
By ASHBURN VA

2000 Kia Spectra Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

I had been considering purchasing a '96 Camry used car but happened to see this Kia on the way to buy the Camry. The winning point was that the Kia was less than the used Camry and had an great warranty. Eight years out I have had no major problems with the car. The cv boots for left and right wheels had to be replaced in Aug '08 but it was covered under the warranty. It's a great commuter car. I have only taken it on long distance trips three times. Seats are very uncomfortable. All things considered it's a good little car. Had I purchased the Camry I would have over 125k miles on it.

Fold down rear seat

They could have made it easier to replace the headlight lamps. Cheap plastic interior. Better seat support.

Fun to Cruise
By EB

2000 Kia Spectra Sedan GSX 4dr Sedan

Fun to drive! You feel like a speed racer! Consider something new as it approaches the end of the warranty. Very spacious interior (long boards fit inside)! Great for traveling students. Needs more reliable parts inside and out; very flimsy. Dashboard comes unglued, interior trunk latch doesn't work well, sits rather low to the ground, bolts welding to axle in wheels, okay gas per mile, several blinds, paint is thin, handles great on curves...

Spacious interior, plenty of hiding spaces, impressive exterior design, fun to drive fast in, ok sound system, ok comfort.

Quality of its parts, higher off the ground, sit higher up inside the car, better gas per mile, more comfortable seats

really reliable
By supervixon

2000 Kia Spectra Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

I had this car for 6 years now, it has 100,000 miles on it. I drive 40 miles a day to work. Not one thing has gone wrong with it, I mean nothing. The only time it's in the garage is for maintenance. I can't complain of anything mechanical. What a great price - had it paid off in two years. Great gas mileage too.

Reliability, room and cargo room.

Cheap interior and the horn sounds too happy when you beep at someone. Also the seats could be a little bit more cushioned.