2000 Kia Spectra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:
KIA 2000
By BOB on 03/24/10 19:22 PM (PDT)

2000 Kia Spectra GS 4dr Sedan

I have gotten this Kia new. It was a good car. Had some prob. But Kia fixed I have taken to a Harold Chev. Where they were only Kia mech. I gave the car to my Kia . A few later started to have prob. When about 70,000 miles car started to sound bad. Kia dealers tried to fix it every time but it always comes back like Kia just gave up. My other daughter has a Kia. 2000 hers is after 7 years she had this car. It is have fallen a part. Kia has had this in shop. Many times. Just runs bad/now they say has a bad cylinder/I have a Kia Sedona new bought 2003 have warranty for ne to fix. Have no major prob. Kia been good to me. When I told daughter how good Kia is they will never buy one. Me ether.

Still runnin' after 8 years
By ASHBURN VA on 10/15/08 16:51 PM (PDT)

2000 Kia Spectra GS 4dr Sedan

I had been considering purchasing a '96 Camry used car but happened to see this Kia on the way to buy the Camry. The winning point was that the Kia was less than the used Camry and had an great warranty. Eight years out I have had no major problems with the car. The cv boots for left and right wheels had to be replaced in Aug '08 but it was covered under the warranty. It's a great commuter car. I have only taken it on long distance trips three times. Seats are very uncomfortable. All things considered it's a good little car. Had I purchased the Camry I would have over 125k miles on it.

really reliable
By supervixon on 03/26/07 14:15 PM (PDT)

2000 Kia Spectra GS 4dr Sedan

I had this car for 6 years now, it has 100,000 miles on it. I drive 40 miles a day to work. Not one thing has gone wrong with it, I mean nothing. The only time it's in the garage is for maintenance. I can't complain of anything mechanical. What a great price - had it paid off in two years. Great gas mileage too.

PLEASANT SURPRISE
By AZTEC ROAD on 06/18/05 19:01 PM (PDT)

2000 Kia Spectra GS 4dr Sedan

When I purchased this car I was in the market for a 96 Camry but just happened to come across Kia. This is car that I would normally not buy. But because it was cheaper than a used Camry I purchased it with the intentions of keeping for a year or two. Now almost 5 years later it's a "keeper". Love the warranty and will be driving it for another 5 years. I purchased a 2006 Sonata today and gave a passing thought to trading in the "Green Machine" but decided not to. The only draw backs with the Spectra are it's soft seats, lousy on long drives and lousy gas mileage for such a small car. Anyone looking for a car for a teenage-this is it! Also, a grea commuter car.

THE choice in affordable 4-dr Hatchbacks
By S. U. Potter on 09/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Kia Spectra GS 4dr Sedan

I had been looking at used '94-98 VW Golfs for a Hatchback before I realized Kia started making one in 2000. Lacking refinement compared to a Honda or Toyota, but has an excellent 4-Door Hatchback layout, and for the price, it's good enough.

basic transportation
By trotter on 12/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Kia Spectra GS 4dr Sedan

not a bad car as some magazines rate it.good basic transportation very reliable so far 40,000 miles as on car has not had any problems at all,ride is somewhat noisy comfort level is fair a good second car for back to back. somewhatunderpowered but not unbearable.

Recently Purchased
By Zebulund on 08/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Kia Spectra GS 4dr Sedan

I recently purchased a Kia Spectra 2000 yr. model, and so far I'm impressed with the car for the price. Not too many people could tell me about them, but so far everything I've found on the Internet is far from negative. I think that Kia will continue to catch on in the States. It's affordable and a basic little car, but it's been great for the gas mileage. I'm going to college, and I drive back and forth. It's perfect for what I needed.

Great Buy
By Avian on 06/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Kia Spectra GS 4dr Sedan

I have had this auto for almost two years now and have no complaints. I have driven it from Florida to Canada, and have been on numerous long trips and it has exceeded my expectations for a auto at this price.

SURPRISINGLY GOOD
By alfisti1 on 05/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Kia Spectra GS 4dr Sedan

The Spectra GS is a terrific economy car that offers a lot for the money. It is fun to drive and has real sporty styling. The paint quality of the Jade Green is outstanding. I like the spacious cargo area under the hatchback, and the excellent reliability of the car. It has also given me 34-36 mpg on long trips. Overall the car has exceeded my expectations.

second car
By jacky on 04/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Kia Spectra GS 4dr Sedan

I have driven this car for a year now and have no complaints Its a good second car for work or just traveling around town I would not recommend this car for long trips.The comfort level is average but a bit tiresome after driving for 3-4 hours but I would say a very reliable car.