Used 2000 Kia Spectra GS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Kia Spectra - Consumer Reviews

2000 Kia Spectra

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:

KIA 2000
By BOB

2000 Kia Spectra GS 4dr Sedan

I have gotten this Kia new. It was a good car. Had some prob. But Kia fixed I have taken to a Harold Chev. Where they were only Kia mech. I gave the car to my Kia . A few later started to have prob. When about 70,000 miles car started to sound bad. Kia dealers tried to fix it every time but it always comes back like Kia just gave up. My other daughter has a Kia. 2000 hers is after 7 years she had this car. It is have fallen a part. Kia has had this in shop. Many times. Just runs bad/now they say has a bad cylinder/I have a Kia Sedona new bought 2003 have warranty for ne to fix. Have no major prob. Kia been good to me. When I told daughter how good Kia is they will never buy one. Me ether.

Still runnin' after 8 years
By ASHBURN VA

2000 Kia Spectra GS 4dr Sedan

I had been considering purchasing a '96 Camry used car but happened to see this Kia on the way to buy the Camry. The winning point was that the Kia was less than the used Camry and had an great warranty. Eight years out I have had no major problems with the car. The cv boots for left and right wheels had to be replaced in Aug '08 but it was covered under the warranty. It's a great commuter car. I have only taken it on long distance trips three times. Seats are very uncomfortable. All things considered it's a good little car. Had I purchased the Camry I would have over 125k miles on it.

Favorite Features

Fold down rear seat

Suggested Improvements

They could have made it easier to replace the headlight lamps. Cheap plastic interior. Better seat support.

really reliable
By supervixon

2000 Kia Spectra GS 4dr Sedan

I had this car for 6 years now, it has 100,000 miles on it. I drive 40 miles a day to work. Not one thing has gone wrong with it, I mean nothing. The only time it's in the garage is for maintenance. I can't complain of anything mechanical. What a great price - had it paid off in two years. Great gas mileage too.

Favorite Features

Reliability, room and cargo room.

Suggested Improvements

Cheap interior and the horn sounds too happy when you beep at someone. Also the seats could be a little bit more cushioned.

PLEASANT SURPRISE
By AZTEC ROAD

2000 Kia Spectra GS 4dr Sedan

When I purchased this car I was in the market for a 96 Camry but just happened to come across Kia. This is car that I would normally not buy. But because it was cheaper than a used Camry I purchased it with the intentions of keeping for a year or two. Now almost 5 years later it's a "keeper". Love the warranty and will be driving it for another 5 years. I purchased a 2006 Sonata today and gave a passing thought to trading in the "Green Machine" but decided not to. The only draw backs with the Spectra are it's soft seats, lousy on long drives and lousy gas mileage for such a small car. Anyone looking for a car for a teenage-this is it! Also, a grea commuter car.

Favorite Features

Great stock CD audio system

Suggested Improvements

Seats will wreak havoc on your back on a long drive.

THE choice in affordable 4-dr Hatchbacks
By S. U. Potter

2000 Kia Spectra GS 4dr Sedan

I had been looking at used '94-98 VW Golfs for a Hatchback before I realized Kia started making one in 2000. Lacking refinement compared to a Honda or Toyota, but has an excellent 4-Door Hatchback layout, and for the price, it's good enough.

Favorite Features

Engine responsiveness, trunk room, fuel economy. Handling with tires one size larger than original more than good enough. Styling gets compliments for its BMW-like shape.

Suggested Improvements

Better lower back support in seats, better open-door stays.