2000 Kia Spectra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:
KIA 2000
By BOB on 03/24/10 19:22 PM (PDT)

2000 Kia Spectra GS 4dr Sedan

I have gotten this Kia new. It was a good car. Had some prob. But Kia fixed I have taken to a Harold Chev. Where they were only Kia mech. I gave the car to my Kia . A few later started to have prob. When about 70,000 miles car started to sound bad. Kia dealers tried to fix it every time but it always comes back like Kia just gave up. My other daughter has a Kia. 2000 hers is after 7 years she had this car. It is have fallen a part. Kia has had this in shop. Many times. Just runs bad/now they say has a bad cylinder/I have a Kia Sedona new bought 2003 have warranty for ne to fix. Have no major prob. Kia been good to me. When I told daughter how good Kia is they will never buy one. Me ether.

long term info
By ripleymanor on 10/18/09 09:54 AM (PDT)

2000 Kia Spectra GSX 4dr Sedan

bought new 2000. never had warranty repair. only recommended servicing. 32 m.p.g. a blast to drive. still looks like new. bought Sportage in 2001 same reliability. best you can get for the money.

Still runnin' after 8 years
By ASHBURN VA on 10/15/08 16:51 PM (PDT)

2000 Kia Spectra GS 4dr Sedan

I had been considering purchasing a '96 Camry used car but happened to see this Kia on the way to buy the Camry. The winning point was that the Kia was less than the used Camry and had an great warranty. Eight years out I have had no major problems with the car. The cv boots for left and right wheels had to be replaced in Aug '08 but it was covered under the warranty. It's a great commuter car. I have only taken it on long distance trips three times. Seats are very uncomfortable. All things considered it's a good little car. Had I purchased the Camry I would have over 125k miles on it.

Fun to Cruise
By EB on 03/30/08 07:45 AM (PDT)

2000 Kia Spectra GSX 4dr Sedan

Fun to drive! You feel like a speed racer! Consider something new as it approaches the end of the warranty. Very spacious interior (long boards fit inside)! Great for traveling students. Needs more reliable parts inside and out; very flimsy. Dashboard comes unglued, interior trunk latch doesn't work well, sits rather low to the ground, bolts welding to axle in wheels, okay gas per mile, several blinds, paint is thin, handles great on curves...

really reliable
By supervixon on 03/26/07 14:15 PM (PDT)

2000 Kia Spectra GS 4dr Sedan

I had this car for 6 years now, it has 100,000 miles on it. I drive 40 miles a day to work. Not one thing has gone wrong with it, I mean nothing. The only time it's in the garage is for maintenance. I can't complain of anything mechanical. What a great price - had it paid off in two years. Great gas mileage too.

Don't buy a Kia
By Hank on 06/05/06 17:40 PM (PDT)

2000 Kia Spectra GSX 4dr Sedan

Buying this Kia was the worst mistake I ever made in buying a car. The problems started right from the beginning. The inside trunk release has never worked from the start. After several attempts it was never fixed. From there things were down hill; outside car parts like the weather seal around the back window melted and shrunk. The inside dashboard is coming unglued and the front of the dashboard is popping out. The seats are coming unsewn, the so called leather is not leather - it is wearing out. This list goes on and on.

PLEASANT SURPRISE
By AZTEC ROAD on 06/18/05 19:01 PM (PDT)

2000 Kia Spectra GS 4dr Sedan

When I purchased this car I was in the market for a 96 Camry but just happened to come across Kia. This is car that I would normally not buy. But because it was cheaper than a used Camry I purchased it with the intentions of keeping for a year or two. Now almost 5 years later it's a "keeper". Love the warranty and will be driving it for another 5 years. I purchased a 2006 Sonata today and gave a passing thought to trading in the "Green Machine" but decided not to. The only draw backs with the Spectra are it's soft seats, lousy on long drives and lousy gas mileage for such a small car. Anyone looking for a car for a teenage-this is it! Also, a grea commuter car.

Great Buy!
By kerri12377 on 06/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Kia Spectra GSX 4dr Sedan

After 4 years of owning my purple Kia, I still love it! The warranty can't be beat! It's cheap to maintain. Being a hatchback makes it roommy inside. Oh, and the trunk release works since they've gotten a fix for it! It's reliable, convenient, and safe. Even nice for a Mommy with 2 small boys!

Great First Car
By JJFade on 04/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Kia Spectra GSX 4dr Sedan

Was not sure about Kia when I first bought the car but 4 years later I am still satisfied. No major problems yet.

Kia Spectra
By FHarr on 03/31/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Kia Spectra GSX 4dr Sedan

Overall I have found this to be a good car. Bought in 2000 and 44,000 miles later no issues still looks brand new. I always get compliments on the sporty look that is has. Great car for the family just starting. Great warranty!