2014 Kia Soul Consumer Review: 2014 Kia Soul, my third Soul!

2014 Kia Soul - Consumer Review

2014 Kia Soul, my third Soul!
By fhgardner on

2014 Kia Soul 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

This is my third Soul, having purchased 2011 and 2013 Exclaim models (I still own the 2013 Exclaim model), and they keep getting better and better! Budgetary limitations forced me to purchase the Base A/T model this time. Have had it for 10 days and 400 miles and it is a dream! The redesign of the chassis/frame and the suspension system has resulted in a much quieter soother riding car with a stiffness that is screaming "quality!". Time will tell if my impressions will last, but if the 2013 and 2011 models are any guide, I'm in for another pleasurable ownership period!!!

Favorite features are all the standard features such as the Bluetooth and MP3 connectivity, the new 6-speed automatic transmission, the great visibility and improved road manners. The amount of interior room, especially headroom and legroom is what initially sole me on the car, and the 2014 model is no exception. At 6 ft - 4 and 250 pounds, room is important. The SOUL has it.

Only improvements that I'd suggest is to include a CD player in the base sound system and an electro-chromatic (auto dimming) rear-view mirror. My 2013 Exclaim has the backup camera which I miss already, but beggars cannot be choosers, with a $4,000 lower price, there some things that have to be sacrificed!