2014 Kia Soul - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Soul model:
My Little Red Wagon
By jimcokc on 09/30/14 17:04 PM (PDT)

2014 Kia Soul + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I am a senior and this vehicle is easy to get into and out of. You set up high for better view out which is good except for out the rear corners. The fairly large mirrors and backup camera minimize this problem. The initial quality was very good(fit and finish). Vehicle was driven on a 3k mile trip of country roads and mountains from Oklahoma to North Carolina and was comfortable and fun to drive,averaged 31.2 mpg with two people and loaded.(4k miles) Car seems to get the best mileage if you stay at 70mph or less. A little bouncy on rough roads but cruises nicely on the open road. Steering is tight and brakes are good,a little touchy until you get used to them. Overall great car

The All New Soul Is Perhaps the Best Deal out there
By callgeo on 07/23/14 11:54 AM (PDT)

2014 Kia Soul 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased in March, and now, with 7,000 current miles, checked MPG and it is over 31 with Mostly Safe Highway Mile Speeds around 60 MPH. The base with automatic price of 16,350 was low and this car has exceeded all expectations. Very quiet. Quiet engine. 3/4 the pricr of my 2014 Jeep Cherokee which is also nice but not as good a price. I am large and 6 feet tall. This car is roomy.

Update of previous reveiw
By doug142 on 06/27/14 03:20 AM (PDT)

2014 Kia Soul 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

It will be 3 months in 2 days, and 3400 miles. I just changed the oil at 3000. What a pleasure to drive ! I still cannot believe it is a base model. It has everything you need. I really enjoy the manual transmission. The mileage estimates are really off for the manual. I keep the RPM's low and get amazing mileage. If you need power down shift. The car is very comfortable and roomy. I feel very safe in this car, the handling is very responsive. I really enjoy the upright windows on the sides it makes it very roomy and airy feeling. Very easy getting in and out, and very comfortable for tall drivers. As long as you realize this is not a race car, you will be extremely happy with it.

Soul is more than value for the dollar
By balkanattitude on 06/26/14 11:39 AM (PDT)

2014 Kia Soul 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

This is my second Kia Soul. I truly appreciate the quality of the vehicle, the handling of the vehicle, and the excellent fuel mileage. I have consistently exceeded the factory fuel mileage ratings. In addition, the Kia Soul has so many standard features that truly increase the value for the dollar. Many other cars would provided the Soul's standard equipment as options to be purchased.

Never expected to love this car...
By daisyp on 06/02/14 21:43 PM (PDT)

2014 Kia Soul ! 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I have had my Kia soul for a week and I love everything about it. I spent months researching and at the end of my search I ended up disappointed because all the cars in the price range I was looking (under 25k) seemed boring and missing that certain something. I fell in love with the Range Rover Evoque (70k) because it comes with a completely black interior and a huge panoramic sunroof but I can't afford that and as I decided to settle, I heard about the new Soul with all it's goodies, panoramic sunroof and complete black interior, this car was not even on my list and after hearing so many awesome reviews I went to the Kia dealer and bought it that same day.

Amazing !
By doug142 on 04/27/14 01:01 AM (PDT)

2014 Kia Soul 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I was looking for a second car,to save miles on my 14 Scion Tc, I already had 11,000 miles in 6 mos. I saw a commercial for 2014 Souls for $10,900. from a local dealer. I ended up paying $11,300, because I did not qualify for the military discount. I did not even drive it ! The color is amazing, Latte Brown. I had owned one of the first 10 Soul sport models in 09, so I had an idea of what to expect. Boy was I in for a shock ! When I left the dealership I was speechless. The car was so quiet and it drove so nicely. The interior was so upscale, and the features shocked me. Nice stereo, Satellite radio, power heated mirrors, p.windows, p.locks,bluetooth streaming, adj. p.steering ,nice ride.

Finally Got the Kia Soul!
By jack2014 on 03/03/14 07:54 AM (PST)

2014 Kia Soul ! 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

It was worth the wait.

My First Kia
By bikeropa on 02/23/14 19:50 PM (PST)

2014 Kia Soul 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

My first Kia, although I've driven my brother's Soul (a 2011, I believe) a few hundred miles. This one is a big improvement in ride quality and noise! It's peppy enough for normal driving and my first tank returned 26 mpg in city driving. I'm impressed with the number of features for the price (power locks, cruise, power windows, selectable steering control, Sirius, Bluetooth, etc.) on a base model. The one thing that I haven't figured out yet is how to get the headrest further back (I usually wear a brimmed hat), as the adjustment shown in the manual gives very limited movement. Overall, though, I'm very impressed!

2014 Kia Soul, my third Soul!
By fhgardner on 11/18/13 10:34 AM (PST)

2014 Kia Soul 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

This is my third Soul, having purchased 2011 and 2013 Exclaim models (I still own the 2013 Exclaim model), and they keep getting better and better! Budgetary limitations forced me to purchase the Base A/T model this time. Have had it for 10 days and 400 miles and it is a dream! The redesign of the chassis/frame and the suspension system has resulted in a much quieter soother riding car with a stiffness that is screaming "quality!". Time will tell if my impressions will last, but if the 2013 and 2011 models are any guide, I'm in for another pleasurable ownership period!!!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Kia Soul in VA is:

$139 per month*