That's Normal for this Car
By sadjudy on
2013 Kia Soul + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)
Just got this car 2wks ago. During a rain storm I noticed condensation in front headlight. When the sun came out it cleared up. In order for it to be fixed, Kia has to examine it and they will not except the photo I took. Posted this and pic on Kia Soul Facebook. Had several responses, they have the same problem and Kia told them this is normal for that car. My 1st car hesitated at lights and turns. again several Soul owners said Normal for this car. I was proud to be a Soul owner, but not now. This is a small problem, and if my car was a couple years old it wouldn't bother me, but again this is a new car. And Kia won't do anything to satisfy a customer. This is my 2nd Soul & last 1.
Favorite Features
Satellite Radio and moon roof.
Suggested Improvements
That Kia take some pride in their products, and not just say "That's normal for the Car" if its not normal maybe you need to hire some new service techs who can fix problems and not create them.
By gijoe84040
on 06/07/13 13:51 PM (PDT)

It's not a big deal, easy to fix. Simply replace the headlight assembly with a sealed unit. Just go out to a junk yard and find a vehicle made between 1960 to 1987 with an assembly that will fit within your headlight area, I think GMC had some vehicle with smaller headlight. Down side is you loose the distinctive look and performance of the newer headlights. Another option is finding a newer vehicle that would normally be in the $40,000 to $80,000 range and use one of theirs. You bought the Soul because of the low price tag, Kia has done a good job of putting quality where it counts for the price tag. If you live in a wet or humid region it may be something you will have to live with. Some possible fixes, take a moisture dry pack ( like you would find in a bag of jerky), tie a string on it, then remove your headlight bulb and place it inside keeping the tag end out. Do this on a hot when the moisture is in gas form.

By cozmos
on 05/30/14 09:42 AM (PDT)

I have a 2013 Kia Soul + and it is the best car I have ever owned or driven! I believe the problem you have with the car hesitating at lights and turns may be the same problem my husband has. He drives with both feet and you can't do that with this car. There appears to be a required pause between braking and accelerating. I have never had this problem but I can make it hesitate if I use both feet to drive. I hope this helps because this is truly a wonderful little car!