LOVE my S-O-U-L! It's wonderSOUL!
By mazda5_4me on
2013 Kia Soul ! 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)
I have had many new cars and trucks over the years, and by far I was the most impressed by the 2013 KIA Soul Exclaim I bought recently. The Exclaim is the top of the line Soul, but even the Base Soul is well loaded and an excellant value. But the Soul is more about value than "just" being inexpensive. I love the standard moon roof on a warn sunny day! It has remarkable quality...perfect paint, very well assembled, top crash test scores, all the safety equipment available, great looking vehicle that stands out compared to the common vanilla Corolla/Civics that you see everywhere. And the 100,000 mile 10 year warranty is just icing on the cake!
Favorite Features
The 'houndstooth" fabric on the top of the black cloth seats is a nice touch...the tan dash board with huge speaker in the middle, and the total of 8 speakers really does put a smile on you face when your favorite tunes are playing. The Microsoft UVO stereo system interfaces with your cell phone, and verbally changes channels and dials your favorite numbers. It even can read your text messages to you! The Exclaim model has new LED Tailights and front LED's too, and stunning 18" alloy wheels. Powered folding mirrors and mirror mounted turn signals. Mine is a beautiful Moss Green, and overall a terrific looking car! It ride well, handles terrific, gets good mileage and is very quiet too.
Suggested Improvements
It has a 12 gallon fuel tank...I wish it was closer to 15 gallons or so...for my long out of town trips. It doesn't have rear seat air conditioning vents (heat only) but the Souls Air Conditioner is quite powerful and the standard rear dark tinted glass keeps it cool!