2013 Kia Soul Consumer Review: Very pleased with this car!

2013 Kia Soul - Consumer Review

Very pleased with this car!
By ghostboo on

2013 Kia Soul ! 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I have always owned large 4X4 quad-cab trucks but got sick of dumping money in gas. I wanted a vehicle that was easy on gas, fun to drive, fit in my garage, and loaded with options. I researched for a few months and narrowed it down to about six finalists. I test drove them and narrowed it to two, the Hyundai Elantra and the Soul Exclaim. I love both vehicles but the Soul won me over because of the cargo capacity and ease of access. The Soul is fun to drive and I like the high seating position. It doesn't feel like I'm down in a go cart. Visibility is outstanding and the interior is perfect. My gas mileage is very good. I average 24 city, 31 highway and 35 on long country drives.

My favorite features in order of preference are the backup camera, navigation syst, automatic lights, auto climate control, tilt/telescoping wheel, fuel mileage computer, Infinity HD radio (I even kinda like the lighted speaker light show but could live without). I like the folding mirrors and the sunroof a lot too.

Auto up on the driver's window. Update the website feature for navigation map updates more often. GPS maps are seriously out of date. Horn needs to be louder. Need instant fuel mileage in addition to average fuel economy and a better graphic for fuel mileage instead of tiny red numbers. Passenger headrest giggles on uneven surfaces creating annoying noise. Make doors open wider for easier access of disabled or elderly. Install an Ipod holder/dock front and charger plug for rear passengers. Install additional 12 volt plugs in center console and rear cargo area.